PDA

View Full Version : dentist help!!!

upolian
18-Aug-08, 14:36
rite ive got an abcess,trying to phone around dentists just getting answering machines etc etc not getting to speak to anyone need it dealt with asap,anybody got any numbers or advice on what else to do?home remedies are a no no! can i go into a&e and they can do something?it is quite bad need it sorted as soon as!cheers for any help!

teenybash
18-Aug-08, 14:39
If I were you I would go to A&E if the pain and inflamation are hitting the high notes.......................

edayhouse
18-Aug-08, 14:40
Hiya

If you phone NHS direct they should be able to get you a dentist - last time i called in an emergency i went through to new dentist at Wick, they were brilliant

Number is:08454 24 24 24

upolian
18-Aug-08, 14:41
If I were you I would go to A&E if the pain and inflamation are hitting the high notes.......................
its starting to now!! will a&e help me though?iv got no luck getting through to anyone:(

upolian
18-Aug-08, 14:42
Hiya

If you phone NHS direct they should be able to get you a dentist - last time i called in an emergency i went through to new dentist at Wick, they were brilliant

Number is:08454 24 24 24
thanx will phone it rite now:D how quick did you get an appointment?

upolian
18-Aug-08, 14:53
phone tomorow and i mite get an appointment

spurtle
18-Aug-08, 14:58
You have to phone them at 9 in the morning or they can't do anything, which makes me wonder why they answer the phones after that time.They were quite shirty with me for phoning after nine so I resorted to taking one of my friends antibiotics - you'll do anything to stop the pain.

edayhouse
18-Aug-08, 15:07
Hi
To be honest i contacted them at about 11am and was seen at 3pm that day
I am sure with an absess they are meant to see you straight away cause it is dangerous - that is what i had and what a relief when they removed the tooth beside it and gave me antibiotics
I feel sorry for you!
Good luck

teenybash
18-Aug-08, 17:12
its starting to now!! will a&e help me though?iv got no luck getting through to anyone:(

Don't phone A&E just go as it is an Emergency....if you phone they will only put you off......get in the car or get a taxi.......................

rfr10
18-Aug-08, 18:42
My mum phoned NHS and said that it was an emergency. She got an appointment in the Wick Lochshell clinic on the same day she phoned.

sjr014
18-Aug-08, 18:50
New Wick Dentist phone no is 01955 609940, you could try phoning them direct first thing in the morning.

upolian
19-Aug-08, 12:34
cheers for the help! i phoned yesterday when i made this thread,20mins later i was at the dentist:roll: now on antibiotics,cheek still swollen but shud be gone in a few days then the tooth wil be taken out:D

telfordstar
19-Aug-08, 14:15
Glad your on the mend upolian there is nothing worse than toothache.

upolian
25-Aug-08, 14:26
Glad your on the mend upolian there is nothing worse than toothache.
thank you.:D

the antibiotics never did much so had to go to raigmore to get surgery but very well on the mend now even though im still a bit sore:d