PDA

View Full Version : Tesco Inverness Abduction

edayhouse
18-Aug-08, 14:09
Has anyone else heard this story - at some time on Friday a wee girl went missing in Tesco Inverness, parents told staff straight away and security locked all doors to and from supermarket - wee girl was eventually found in the toilets with her hair cut off and she had different clothes on....no idea about abductors...

Not sure if it is just a story or true...anyone heard anything like this?

emszxr
18-Aug-08, 14:27
heard these stories about other shops before

balto
18-Aug-08, 14:30
heard this story myself lst night, from one of the thurso tesco workers, she just knows basically what you have written, sure if there is any truth in the matter it will be in the papers.

Julia
18-Aug-08, 15:32
I heard the exact same story last year about a girl in a shop in Glasgow i.e. the clothes being changed and hair cut. A friend of my Mothers was in the store at the time it happened.

telfordstar
18-Aug-08, 15:34
I heard the exact same story last year about a girl in a shop in Glasgow i.e. the clothes being changed and hair cut

If these stories are true it really does open your eyes to what can really happen.

lazytown
18-Aug-08, 15:50
Hi folks,
I think it is another one of these urban legends that do the rounds every so often. below are some links to 'other abductions'

http://www.northwaleschronicle.co.uk/news/Supermarket-chain-quashes-Bangor-child.4334911.jp

http://tafkac.org/afu/media/afu_ottawa_citizen.html

Ash
18-Aug-08, 15:50
we were in glasgow last week and i had never been before. i took my wee ones old stroller she is 4 now and wrist link, there was soo many people and i wasnt letting her out of my sight, might sound abit OTT but im glad we took it as the crowds scared here and me

cd1977
18-Aug-08, 16:24
Does it really sound believable? I would hardly think Tesco in Inverness, possibly the busiest shop in the whole of Inverness, would be the place to stage such a stunt. Massive pinch of salt required here.

Tip to rumour mongers - if it's not in the Depressing Journal, it's not true.

Some folk will spin any old rubbish for something to talk about.

telfordstar
18-Aug-08, 16:48
Does it really sound believable? I would hardly think Tesco in Inverness, possibly the busiest shop in the whole of Inverness, would be the place to stage such a stunt. Massive pinch of salt required here.

But then again maybe not. Stranger and weirder things have happened.

cd1977
18-Aug-08, 16:54
Aye, possibly, but not in Inverness, and certainly not in the busiest shop in Inverness.

People should see through these things a mile away.

The Angel Of Death
18-Aug-08, 16:55
If it's not in the Depressing Journal, it's not true.

Absolute quality pure class that !!!

However on a serious not if i was gonna nab me a kid in the middle of one of the busiest shop in all of Inverness that's covered we bazillions of security / CCTV camera's then i would expect to be on one of them dumbest criminals shows quick smart

Fran
19-Aug-08, 00:40
It hasn't been in any of the papers so i dont think it is true.

George Brims
19-Aug-08, 01:32
Similarly in Los Angeles, every now and again you hear that someone's friend's neighbour's cousin's hairdresser was at Disneyland, and a child was abducted and they didn't shut down the park. The story usually goes that up to 5 children a year are taken, and Disney pay hush money to the families (like that would shut anyone up that lost their child).

joxville
19-Aug-08, 02:18
Yet another example of the power of the internet being used in the wrong way.

brandy
19-Aug-08, 07:56
i heard the same story yesterday as well. but a busy shop is an ideal place to take a child from. so much confusion and then off they go. if a persons mind is bent enough to kidnap a child do you really think cameras are at the top of thier think about list?
back home we have what is called code Adam. and in every shop in the country when ever a child is seperated from thier parents a Code Adam is called. all the doors are locked and watched by staff. no one with a child gets in or out until the lost child is found or police has taken over and let everyone go. shopping malls is one of the most fav. place for child snatchers to operate, and this is entirley belivable. as a small community we do not want to belive something like this can happen so close to home, but hundreds of children are snatched feet from their parents every day. we can not close our eyes and say not in our little corne of the world. now i dont know if this really happened but it easily could have. and it very easily could have in tescos in wick as well. we are very lucky in the community we live in. but we can not take it for granted. we as parents have to be always vigelint and aware, and litterly have eyes in the back of our heads! its a hard job but one we can never slack on.

joxville
19-Aug-08, 11:47

But then again maybe not. Stranger and weirder things have happened.

Who would believe a Doctor would murder hundreds of his patients.

cd1977
19-Aug-08, 12:05
Different point entirely there and totally irrelevant to this thread.

Unless folk are now spinning urban yarns about murderous doctors abducting and killing folk in the bogs at Tesco in Inverness.

The Angel Of Death
19-Aug-08, 12:16
murderous doctors abducting and killing folk in the bogs at Tesco in Inverness.

Lol that sounds like a far out version of cludo there

For a weapon S/he could have used a shopping basket

telfordstar
19-Aug-08, 13:36
Who would believe a Doctor would murder hundreds of his patients.
Exactly my point no one seen that coming or even the guy with had his daughter locked up in a dungeon and had kids with her.

cd1977
19-Aug-08, 13:49
Both those cases were real and therefore entirely believable. Whether they could have been predicted is, again, a different argument entirely.

The kind of rumour/conjecture at the top of this thread, on the other hand, should be dismissed immediately by anyone who has their feet on the ground and their head withdrawn from the clouds.