PDA

View Full Version : Looking for logs for burning locally?

Kathy@watten
18-Aug-08, 14:04
I am currently looking or large logs for burning in my stove, and other than Dunnet (we had a load from there but it was really soggy) And we looked into a permit for Rumster but the wood was really all gone when we got there and where there was some you would need a tracked vehicle to get to it! So am now looking for an alternative souce...any clues and numbers? we are able to collect with tractor and trailer and can chop up/chainsaw at home, any help appriciated greatly!

changilass
18-Aug-08, 14:27
If you find any let me know please.

teenybash
18-Aug-08, 14:40
Me too........................

Bad Manners
18-Aug-08, 15:17
Hi you could try EcoHeat they are a relitivly new company who manage a 500+ acre forrest at lyth they supply logs for wood burning stones.
the man that runs it is called Paul Barrett We only have a mobile no for him 07742 102164
Hope this helps

Tighsonas4
18-Aug-08, 17:19
Me too........................
there looking for them across two counties hope your lucky tony

router
18-Aug-08, 18:15
i can't even muster a few good logs for carving let alone burning,even the guys that tidy folks trees in their gardens have a customer for it all,like gold in these parts.

Electric blue
18-Aug-08, 18:54
We get logs from the Forest at Lyth far better quality than Dunnet Pm me and I will give number, either collect or delivered and already split

braalterr903
18-Aug-08, 19:04
how much are they and could you give me number please

Kathy@watten
18-Aug-08, 19:39
Hi all who like me search for the elusive logs in these parts...I called the log man in lyth and he so kindly got back to me and left a message so thought I would hand on info incase anyone wants some too....right price quoted was £25 per cubic metre plus 5%VAT these logs will be cut and split at this price and he quotes separately for delivery...daresay it depends where you are!