PDA

View Full Version : Cycle repairs..

plutonio
18-Aug-08, 09:11
Wick Cycle repairs are very good, prompt, reasonably priced and can collect or fix at your home.
did an excellent job on my daughters bike.

Wick Cycle Repairs
Marc MacDonald
6 Ashley Court
Wick

maidencaithness
01-Sep-08, 21:18
excellent service got my daughters bike fixed today dropped it of at lunchtime and had it delivered back to the house tonight and very reasonable

bb1stwick
13-Sep-08, 02:14
I have recently had my bicycle stripped down, repaired and put back together by Wick Cycle Repairs.

I couldn't actually cycle the bike before he took my bike away to be repaired as it was laying in my barn for about 5 years. Wick Cycle Repairs has done a wonderful job.

I'm completely satisfied with the work that Marc has done. He gave me a very reasonable price for the amount of work he did. I recommend his service to other cyclists.

A+ :D

Jon Dawkins
Mey, Caithness

compo
20-Feb-09, 21:55
what a fantastic job, this guy has so much pride in his work, my bike is like new, and the price was amazing, normally labour is the major part of the bill...........not this time.
Had a small (and I mean small) delay getting new tyres but Marc 'phoned and let me know, and it was so great to have the bike collected and delivered. I will have no hesitation recommending his work to anyone.
thankyou, Marc great work!!

catran
21-Feb-09, 21:20
could not get a better job done anywhere else and what a wonderful guy. Good show Marc, hope all goes well as you deserve the praise. Very meticulous with a pride in his work.

lagertops
15-Apr-09, 22:08
Thanks Mark you done a great job! Would recommend you to anyone wanting repairs.

Wick_Cycle_Repairs
15-Jun-09, 16:54
Caithness Cycle Repairs

07740 341 399
email: caithnesscyclerepairs@yahoo.co.uk (caithnesscyclerepairs@yahoo.co.uk)
web: www.caithnesscyclerepairs.co.uk (http://www.caithnesscyclerepairs.co.uk)
Available 10am - 6pm

Full service
Safety service
Any repair on any bicycle
Spares available

lisbit
09-May-10, 22:15
I got my bike back on Friday and its like a brand new bike. The gears actually shift in order with no sticking or jumping and it is a pleasure to cycle. Well done Marc and thanks for an excellent service and very reasonable rates. Keep up the good work.

NSeven
06-Jun-10, 17:59
What you dont know is that he actually takes the bikes to The Bike Shop in Thurso to have the work done..

A customer that he had taken a job from came into the bike shop and saw his bike on the stand and was very upset that he had been lied to.

This guy does not do the repairs.. and god knows what he is charging on top of The Bike Shops work.

northener
07-Jun-10, 23:28
What you dont know is that he actually takes the bikes to The Bike Shop in Thurso to have the work done..

A customer that he had taken a job from came into the bike shop and saw his bike on the stand and was very upset that he had been lied to.

This guy does not do the repairs.. and god knows what he is charging on top of The Bike Shops work.

I hope you can back this claim up with evidence - or withdraw your comment with an apology.

NSeven
08-Jun-10, 10:35
Why dont you ask him yourself. Or go into the bike shop and ask.

northener
08-Jun-10, 10:42
Why dont you ask him yourself. Or go into the bike shop and ask.

It's not me who's making allegations, you do the legwork and prove your statement beyond any doubt.

Do that and I'll happily apologise.

NSeven
08-Jun-10, 10:44
If people want proof phone bike shop 01847895385. I have done the "Legwork" by posting it up here.

End

tilly
08-Jun-10, 19:23
I put my bike to the Thurso bike shop and had to wait 2 weeks to get it back. When I got it back it kept jumping ouy of 6th gear. Doesn't sound like the service everyone gets from Mark!!!

jumbledrainbow
09-Jun-10, 12:32
Ridiculous - I know that he does his own bikes!

I hope whoever Nseven is has a business and someone spreads lies about it too! Or about them. Sounds to me like they are jealous or bitter for some reason, maybe they wanted a bike repair business, maybe they are from the bike shop and need business in time of a recession. Whatever the problem I know full well Wick Cycle Repairs are excellent, do all the work themselves and are a lot nicer then whoever Nseven is! :)

Go Wick Cycle Repairs!!

Wick_Cycle_Repairs
09-Jun-10, 14:07
I myself know the truth about how many bikes I repair each week and if you phone Raleigh Bikes or Fisher Outdoor Leisure, they will let you know how much parts I order each month.

I agree, some repairs on a bike, I can't possibly do as I don't have the expensive tools but the bike shop helps me out there.

That will prove that it is not me that is telling lies but yourself trying to tell the whole world that I can't repair any bikes.

Caithness Cycle Repairs

Bobinovich
09-Jun-10, 15:49
...A customer that he had taken a job from came into the bike shop and saw his bike on the stand and was very upset that he had been lied to...

So if that customer came into the Thurso Bike Shop then ergo you probably work there (unless by chance have been there when he came in). If that is the case and you are simply trying to push your business in favour of WCR it is a poor show. You should really let the quality of your own work speak for itself, rather than trying to badmouth the competition.

Ah yes, in fact the Home Page link in your profile gives your Facebook page which in turn lists your current employment as Thurso Bike Shop - terrible! I'm sure your well-respected and highly-regarded employer will be most amused bringing the name of his business into disrepute [disgust]

upolian
09-Jun-10, 15:55
I myself know the truth about how many bikes I repair each week and if you phone Raleigh Bikes or Fisher Outdoor Leisure, they will let you know how much parts I order each month.

I agree, some repairs on a bike, I can't possibly do as I don't have the expensive tools but the bike shop helps me out there.

That will prove that it is not me that is telling lies but yourself trying to tell the whole world that I can't repair any bikes.

Caithness Cycle Repairs

Don't worry about the bad mouthing fool's,ive had it myself,you just laugh it off and keep up the good work :)

I must contact you soon about some bike repairs,keep up the good work :)

elamanya
09-Jun-10, 16:02
my bike is needing a complete service and overhaul, and i now know where i will be putting it, will ring you soon mark, wasnt sure where to put it , but this has made my mind up,

northener
09-Jun-10, 17:35
So if that customer came into the Thurso Bike Shop then ergo you probably work there (unless by chance have been there when he came in). If that is the case and you are simply trying to push your business in favour of WCR it is a poor show. You should really let the quality of your own work speak for itself, rather than trying to badmouth the competition.

Ah yes, in fact the Home Page link in your profile gives your Facebook page which in turn lists your current employment as Thurso Bike Shop - terrible! I'm sure your well-respected and highly-regarded employer will be most amused bringing the name of his business into disrepute [disgust]

Well spotted Bob.

No doubt an apology will not be forthcoming......

BTW, Mark: I'll contact you personally later I may have some business with End-to-End cyclists that I can put your way via KPH Taxis.

Been meaning to sort this for a long time and this thread has just prompted me.

Wick_Cycle_Repairs
09-Jun-10, 21:38
Thanks to Tilly, Jumbledrainbow, Bobinovich, upolian, elamanya and Northener for your great comments and future business!

I have had 5 bikes delivered to me today

Thanks again

Caithness Cycle Repairs

bothyman
09-Jun-10, 22:13

Caithness Cycle Repairs

So the fact you have taken some bikes to Thurso is correct.

So the Person who started this thread is telling the truth in some ways.

Some bike tools are very expensive and are not worth buying for the amount of use they get, so it makes sense to borrow the tools if you can.

mrlennie
09-Jun-10, 22:19

Are you referring to the first poster or someone else?

upolian
10-Jun-10, 09:45
No problem mark,i ken how it feels to be publicly slagged off by people who do not know the truth,that's caithness for you!!

northener
10-Jun-10, 16:08
So the fact you have taken some bikes to Thurso is correct.

No, Bothyman this is not correct, this is what this person actually said:

"What you don't know is that he actually takes the bikes to ...."

And

"This guy does not do the repairs...."

Pretty damning comments and a blatant attempt to bring a rival business into disrepute. Disgusting behaviour.

upolian
10-Jun-10, 16:17
No, Bothyman this is not correct, this is what this person actually said:

"What you don't know is that he actually takes the bikes to ...."

And

"This guy does not do the repairs...."

Pretty damning comments and a blatant attempt to bring a rival business into disrepute. Disgusting behaviour.

I agree,ridiculous attempt to gain trade,tables have turned though :)

catran
10-Jun-10, 18:45
Wick Cycle repairs are very good, prompt, reasonably priced and can collect or fix at your home.

Wick Cycle Repairs
Marc MacDonald
6 Ashley Court
Wick

Aye he is a brilliant lad, nothing too much bother for him

15-Jun-10, 16:18
Had my bike repaired by Marc last month and couldnt have asked for a better service. I would definatley recommend him to anyone looking for any repairs or servicing needed done on their bike at a reasonable price.
A lovely boy and I hope he continues to do well at what hes doing.

Bill Fernie
15-Jun-10, 21:09
If people want proof phone bike shop 01847895385. I have done the "Legwork" by posting it up here.

End

I have been contacted by the Cycle shop in Thurso who dispute the implications made by NSeven who no longer works there and is indeed resident in another town in Scotland. It may be that circumstances have been misconstrued.

The cycle shop in Thurso owners have no problems and neither has Marc - end of story.

Caithness Cycle Repairs and Thurso Cycle shop both offer excellent services.

Lucky Caithness.

Hmm when was the last time I dusted down my bike..........

Wick_Cycle_Repairs
10-Jul-10, 15:10

Caithness Cycle Repairs
Marc MacDonald
1 Rockwell Crescent
Thurso
Caithness

Above is my new address

Bobinovich
10-Jul-10, 15:13
LOL Will you be changing your name to Thurso Cycle Repairs now Marc :D

Wick_Cycle_Repairs
13-Jul-10, 16:49
No,

Just keeping the name Caithness Cycle Repairs. Its a service for all over the county so that name sounds fine!