PDA

View Full Version : Free to good tank

dawncw
17-Aug-08, 21:20
Hi there, i have 2 red and black sharks (catfish) free to a good tank, would prefer to rehome them seperately although they do get on as a pair I am thinking they gang up together and pick on the smaller fish! They are around 4" long, maybe a bit longer.

I have recently got my tank back to health after having a problem with the water so have started restocking the tank and in less than 2 weeks 3 of the new fish have gone missing! All i had beforehand was the 2 sharks, 1 harlequin, 2 blue tetras, a bristlenose plec, and a bottom feeder. They all managed to live together peacefully but now i have added new fish i am sure the sharks are attacking them! Have to add that i did used to have a lot more fish than that but a lot died due to water quality - i am now thinking a few could have been the sharks too!!

If anyone is interested in them please PM. I have had my water tested regularly in Pets at home and they are happy with the quality incase anyone is put off by my earlier statement off poor water.

justine
19-Aug-08, 11:41
sounds exactly like your sharks are taking there fill. They are renound for this and should never be put in with smaller fish or in two's. The best shark to get is a ruby(rainbow)shark which are definately gentler with smaller fish. I have one in my tank and it gets along well. Hope you find a good home, but i would recommend seperating them as they will constantly fight for territory.General advice..

jac1791
19-Aug-08, 13:55
Hi Dawn--
Im Interested in a shark, Iv a tank at the moment with malawis ,silver shark, fire mouth , silver dollors and angles - but could easily introduce a shark with these. my other tanks got all smaller fish so would never put a shark in with them coz it would be like all their birthdays come at once - dinner time ...........

gives a call if possible -- 07514087193( Wick )

thx

devil's sidekick
24-Aug-08, 15:03
hi there im wandering if you still have a shark as im interested in one i have 3 tanks and have plenty room for one thanks.

dawncw
28-Aug-08, 08:48
I still have one shark looking for a new tank, thought he was going to be ok on his own now that the other had gone but another of my fish has vanished! So he is still being greedy. If anyone would like an addition to their tank and has room in it for him with other big fish then please get in touch.

Thanks