PDA

View Full Version : School Closure

quirbal
17-Aug-08, 19:52
Does anyone know if the rumours about Wick High school being closed on wednesday because of the cleaners strike are true? :confused

evelyn
17-Aug-08, 20:26
This is the latest news from the council. At the moment it looks like it will be open.
http://www.highland.gov.uk/yourcouncil/news/newsreleases/2008/August/2008-08-15-09.htm
Hope this helps.
evelyn

rfr10
17-Aug-08, 21:25
Ah so rumours about both Thurso and Wick High School being closed then! :Razz

telfordstar
17-Aug-08, 21:59
as far as im aware if the if the janitors and cleaners are on strike then the schools will be shut i think

router
17-Aug-08, 22:07
is it just me or does anyone think that even closing a cemetary is a bit much i assume that the undertakers will let any one going through the sadness of burying a loved know well in advance

Ash
18-Aug-08, 08:38
is it just me or does anyone think that even closing a cemetary is a bit much i assume that the undertakers will let any one going through the sadness of burying a loved know well in advance

my dad works in the cemetary and he doenst want to be on strike but has no choice. alot of people cannot afford it, because he wont get paid for wednesday he was in on saturday so he wont have less pay

mccaugm
18-Aug-08, 10:39
as far as im aware if the if the janitors and cleaners are on strike then the schools will be shut i think

In the note from the council website this was said not to be the case.

telfordstar
18-Aug-08, 10:50
In the note from the council website this was said not to be the case.

There bound to say that but how can a school function fully without any janitors im sure all will be clear on wedensday.