PDA

View Full Version : chicken or 'e eigg??

trix
16-Aug-08, 20:37
so, what came first, 'e chicken or 'e eigg?

weel.....iv been gein 'iss alot o' thot (oer 'e last 10 years) an i finally ken 'e answer!!! :D

it wis obviously.....'e chicken ;)

'iss is ma theory.....

so chickens were borne til mammy chickens, choost 'e normal way, lek weemin gie birth til babies (no eigg involved)....'iss went on for hun'ers o' years, thousands maybe?

until somethin happened....maybe a climate change or somethin? no kwite feegured 'at bit oot yet, but anyway, most o' 'e baby chickens were dyin as soon as they were borne! so, over hun'ers o' years, evolution caused 'e mammy chickens til somehow, an mite i add mysteriously, form some sort o' protective film roond 'e babies til protect them as they're bein borne, til ensure survival.

over hun'ers o' years, 'iss film developed intil a hard, crisp lek shell, til eventually be, what we call...an eigg.....!

hence - ma answer, 'e chicken came first.....

it all makes perfect sense....;)

so, whats yer take on ma theory?

an i never even read 'iss in a book, i made it up all by masel....

Tighsonas4
16-Aug-08, 20:49
can see now now how e graduated with honours kid [lol] tony

scorrie
16-Aug-08, 20:49
If you believe that God created the Earth and all that is in it, then the Chicken came first. If you believe we are the result of evolution, then the egg came first.

If God were to create a chicken, he would not have bothered with the egg. Wham!! Chicken is created. The egg then became the chicken's method for creating a new chicken, with, of course, a little help from Foghorn Leghorn.

If the chicken evolved from another creature, then the egg had to come first. Whatever preceded the chicken would one day create the egg that would hatch out to be the new species, i.e. the first chicken.

joxville
16-Aug-08, 20:57
I dinna care which came first-all I know is I enjoy eating both. :D

Kevin Milkins
16-Aug-08, 21:24
Very interesting theory that trix, I like it.
At what stage of evolution did man decide to put 2 rashers of bacon a sausage some mushrooms and beans alongside the said egg and name it breakfast?

karia
16-Aug-08, 21:28
At what stage of evolution did man decide to put 2 rashers of bacon a sausage some mushrooms and beans alongside the said egg and name it breakfast?

When the toast soldiers told him to, of course!;):lol:

canuck
16-Aug-08, 21:29
To see a mother hen at work with her chicks makes the answer obvious. Of course the chicken came first because no egg would survive to adulthood without the nurture and protection of that first bird.

helenwyler
16-Aug-08, 21:31
Neither. The rooster :o.

joxville
16-Aug-08, 21:35
Very interesting theory that trix, I like it.

After he stopped having his oats in the morning.

kgunn
16-Aug-08, 21:37
Well because we all evolved, then that means a basic chicken type thingy was first, it being evolved from bacteria and whatnot, then it laid an egg, and chickens got better and better until the modern chicken came out of an egg.

Welcomefamily
16-Aug-08, 21:46
In this evolutionary process why did they not learn to speak which would be a highly benefical attribute for a chicken?
Stop stealing my eggs

teenybash
16-Aug-08, 21:49
Nope everyone 's got it wrong........There wis this fella called Ken and he used tae hing aboot The Barras in Glasgow, hopin tae meet the bird o' his dreams. But he wis an ugly fella wi a big beaky nose .... One day Ken wis staunin at the Hot Donut stall when he spied her, mini skirt , legs up tae her oxters, yellow fishnet tights and long ginger hair and he thocht tae himsel....'She'll dae fur me lads!!' and he sauntered over. She turned, looked at Ken and it was love at first sight and the pair spent the rest of the day wanderin round lookin dewy eyed at one another and every now and then they wud disappear fur five minutes up a close.......................!!!!!
The next day one of Kens mates shouted to him from across the street. 'Who wis the burd yesterday a seen ye wi'
Ken tryin' tae sound casual shouted back. 'Awe jist some wee chic a picked up.'
A few weeks later the wee Chic didn't feel too well and went to the hospital and while there produced an oval shaped object that she wouldn't let anyone take from her. For weeks she carried it inside her bra till one day the hard shell cracked and out popped a wee bird.
Ken heard aboot his wee Chic no being too well and when he called to see her and she showed him their wee bird. He was overcome with emotion and all he could say was. Awe Chic.....' and all she could say was Ken......
So you see the egg was first but, was the result of Chic and Ken and their day at the Barras..[lol]

joxville
16-Aug-08, 21:56
In this evolutionary process why did they not learn to speak which would be a highly benefical attribute for a chicken?
Stop stealing my eggs

It's still trying to evolve away from having eggs....shell suits are so Jurassic. [lol]

router
16-Aug-08, 22:02
damn and here was me under the impression that they evolved from lizards who also laid eggs.
so that would make it the egg with the new strain of lizard ,the feathered kind

golach
16-Aug-08, 22:10
so, what came first, 'e chicken or 'e eigg?

Hmmm, I always thought Eigg was an island south east of Rhum. But you live and learn on the Org .[lol]

Welcomefamily
16-Aug-08, 22:14
It's still trying to evolve away from having eggs....shell suits are so Jurassic. [lol]

The same could be said for Lizards, croc skin handbags just prehistoric

horseman
17-Aug-08, 00:03
When the toast soldiers told him to, of course!:cool:
karia lookat ye!
How lovely to see you up an at it again:cool:

brokencross
17-Aug-08, 09:43
Had egg for breakfast...having chicken for lunch... so the egg came first. QED

floyed
17-Aug-08, 09:55
I think the egg came first!

Other animals had been born in eggs before the chicken even arrived:D

Kevin Milkins
17-Aug-08, 10:20
Can you close this thread now please trix ,my head hurts and I feel giddy.:confused:lol:

Welcomefamily
17-Aug-08, 12:50
I still waiting for the missing link between Lizards and Birds to be found let alone working out if it was chicken or egg. :D

scorrie
17-Aug-08, 15:43
I still waiting for the missing link between Lizards and Birds :D

Here you go:-

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article3351244.ece

trix
18-Aug-08, 17:25
If you believe that God created the Earth and all that is in it, then the Chicken came first. If you believe we are the result of evolution, then the egg came first.

If God were to create a chicken, he would not have bothered with the egg. Wham!! Chicken is created. The egg then became the chicken's method for creating a new chicken, with, of course, a little help from Foghorn Leghorn.

If the chicken evolved from another creature, then the egg had to come first. Whatever preceded the chicken would one day create the egg that would hatch out to be the new species, i.e. the first chicken.

see, 'ats what am talkin aboot...

i da believe that god created 'e earth an all that 'is in'ed, i believe in evolution.

....but i still believe 'e chicken evolved til form an eigg, no 'e eigg that evolved til form a chicken :Razz....:confused

scorrie
18-Aug-08, 20:24
see, 'ats what am talkin aboot...

i da believe that god created 'e earth an all that 'is in'ed, i believe in evolution.

....but i still believe 'e chicken evolved til form an eigg, no 'e eigg that evolved til form a chicken :Razz....:confused

No, I can't agree with your thinking on that one trix. There is no safer place for a chick to develop than inside it's mother. If you lay an egg it immediately becomes reliant on being kept warm, safe from predators etc. A mother tied to a nest cannot search for food, if a predator comes along that the chicken cannot cope with, the egg would have to be abandoned. All in all, it is a poor substitute for the protection that developing human babies enjoy in the womb. Would you rather keep your babie inside or lay it in a big egg and sit on it for nine months?

If chickens had evolved to giving birth to live young, they would have been spared a life of misery in a tiny box, having their eggs hoovered off them at some grotty battery farm.

trix
18-Aug-08, 20:34
mmmh.....puts on thinkin cap.....!

good point scorrie, think il hev'l gie 'iss a little more thought....than i thought :confused:

karia
18-Aug-08, 20:38
As the saying goes trix..... 'a little education is a dangerous thing';):lol:

Kxx