PDA

View Full Version : question

exweeker
21-Dec-05, 03:15
looking through the case approvals for this mth i notice that £22.200 pounds have been made avalible to wick harbour authority for working capital this seems to be on top of £50.000 pounds paid out to the same authority by h.r.c in 2 payments over the last yr as working capital

does case or any other public body that hand out public money to any authority ever check how and where the money is being used

im led to believe that the goverment insisted that the old wick harbour trust be disolved and a new authority be set in place to be more accountable to the general public but it seems the new authority in question seem to hold their meeting in secret with no press allowed or press release

unlike scrabster harbour who set up a port authority at the same time and have a mthy press release of buisness carried on they also have a port users commitee that can take any grievences to the authority not a closed shop like wick

and on the question of the so called new venture of a breakwater and gates across at the fire station did they ever show the tapes of the bad weather to the ppl that is being asked to fund the project and what good will it ever do for wick harbour if it ever gets past the drawing board ahh a new office for the harbour master and staff tea rooms of which going to cost a lot for upkeep and to run with no direct spinoff from the project for wick harbour so case be ready for another injection of public cash

ill be very intrested in any replies

Chillie
21-Dec-05, 04:05
I am so glad that you have spoken up about this i am a weeker living in Wick and depend on the harbour for my lively hood, no-one was asked about the new trust as it was all hush-hush:mad: but if speak up then i will have no future in my employment so go on ExWeekeer ask all you want.

As you are an ex and you have nothing to lose (i hope), go ask everything thats need'ed to ask, if you need any help i am here to help you.

exweeker
22-Dec-05, 21:16
dumbo sorry to hear that you feel you cant voice your oppinion on here or anywhere else as a matter of fact in case of reprisals surley thats no way to run a authority using goverment money to fund it

in reply to the case question it seems they have been misled or else they have never checked, but i would have thought the first thing asked by case when a application came in for money would be the wage structure of the applicant and staffing levels to see where cut backs could be made, if that exercise was carried out case would have relised that their was no income coming into the authority so the next question should have been why do they need so many staff and the amount of overtime being worked i/e week end work that pays big premiums to the staff involved

sorry to dissagree with you dumbo on the hush hush of the trust but it was widley advertised before it was formed but if you was going to apply its maybe better that you never because it was all cut and dried long before it was advertised, when the interviews took place for the short leet one of the panel was not their he happened to have his holidays booked and the dates had all been set up months before does that not tell you something and the 2 ppl who did the interviews one was from hrc inverness the other from case i rest my case

now where did the panel get their information on the ppl that were interviewed other than the application that was returned to them so they would have had no noledge of them other than what was on their application which could have been tommy rot my belief is the got their imformation from the harbour staff who are the employees

things never change at wick harbour THE TAILS STILL WAGGING THE DOG