PDA

View Full Version : Stanley Tools

poppett
16-Aug-08, 10:54
Bought a nail gun from Homebase last year, but did not use it immediately. It fired three nails, then refused to work. Went back to Homebase but did not have the receipt for it and as it had been purchased with other items on my spend and save card it was not easily identifiable. Manager did offer to exchange it for another of the same but they were out of stock and never got more in as that style of nailgun had been discontinued.

Nail gun lay in the boot of my car for weeks, then I found the phone number for Stanley Tools in Sheffield and explained my dilema to the clerkess. She gave me a freepost address to return the parcel to with a covering letter and suggested I ask for a refund if the item was discontinued, then put that to buying a new gun. Did this and was surprised when three days later DHL couriers arrived with a rather large box. The nailgun had been replaced free of charge with the bigger, better, non jamming electrified model.

Excellent customer service indeed........... and it proves the old saying "If you don`t ask, you don`t get."