PDA

View Full Version : Bread

sweetpea
14-Aug-08, 22:52
I've been experimenting with dough lately and wondered is it cost effective to make bread or not?

dirdyweeker
15-Aug-08, 00:07
following a mention somewhere on the org I have now bought the ingredients in and am away to try some Soda Bread over the next couple of days.
Will let you know how it goes.

Allsorts
15-Aug-08, 17:47
Hi yep we find it cheaper and haven't bought bread in months now. At the start yes it was eaten as soon as it came out the oven but now everyone is use to it it lasts a bit longer in the house. We are def saving money over buying bread. So much nicer too

chaz
15-Aug-08, 22:03
Hi yep we find it cheaper and haven't bought bread in months now. At the start yes it was eaten as soon as it came out the oven but now everyone is use to it it lasts a bit longer in the house. We are def saving money over buying bread. So much nicer too

Allsorts we are the same as you, and you know exactly what has gone into it :) Definatly cheaper and healthier.

EDDIE
16-Aug-08, 23:26
Hi sweetpea ive had a breadmachine now for about 6 weeks makes bread effortlessley with min hasstle preparing it and i havent bought bread since the only problem i had was trying to cut the bread into thin evenly slices a bit of nightmare with the bread knife in the end i bought a food slicer out of argos now i can cut the bread in thin even slices no problems

sweetpea
07-Nov-08, 15:40
I've tried a lot of dough recipes over the last few months. There's a pizza dough recipe by Jamie Oliver that can be used for loaves as well, I've found it to be the best so far.
I've tried various herbs in the dough as well. Anyone got any different ingedients they use?

Buttercup
09-Nov-08, 16:18
I add some of the ready cooked fried onion that you can buy in tubs from the supermarket. Makes a lovely onion bread, especially eaten warm with some soup.