PDA

View Full Version : Help

fuzz24
14-Aug-08, 18:32
Hi just a quick question- can a bitches tempeture show that shes pregnant? and if so how high would it be. if anyone knows you could txt me on 07763662194. thanks.xx

porshiepoo
15-Aug-08, 11:18
Don't quote me on this but from what I remember I think that a bitches temp doesn't change until close to whelping, when it will rise.

Hope thats of some help.

binbob
15-Aug-08, 16:53
porshiepoo..u are correct..

labsrus
17-Aug-08, 10:53
A bitches temp will slowly drop as she gets closer to whelping, and anything below 98, my own bitches dropped as low as 96.7, means the birthing should occur within 24-48 hours. The temp will then go back up but if it goes over 101.4 then the pups need to be born quicklt.

Take her temp about 3 times a day as the drop needs to be over period of 12 hours to be the true drop before whelping. This method has never failed yet.

buggyracer
17-Aug-08, 12:20
A bitches temp will slowly drop as she gets closer to whelping, and anything below 98, my own bitches dropped as low as 96.7, means the birthing should occur within 24-48 hours. The temp will then go back up but if it goes over 101.4 then the pups need to be born quicklt.

Take her temp about 3 times a day as the drop needs to be over period of 12 hours to be the true drop before whelping. This method has never failed yet.

IMO there is no real need for this, i did it with my lat bitch that had pups, and you will know they are ready without the need to do so by far more obvious signs than temp ;)