PDA

View Full Version : craft shop wick

katarina
14-Aug-08, 17:05
anyone tried the craft shop down the lane next to the butchers on high street? They have an amazing collection of stuff. I was most disappointed when DR simpsons cut back on arty materials - but now I've found a much better supplier!

5of11
14-Aug-08, 19:15
Yeh I agree, its a great little place and their art class is top notch so my mum and friends say. They are patient, always commending your work and help you work on what you are good at. My mum and co go during the day on Mondays so I don't know if its open any other day.

catnip
18-Aug-08, 22:23
The first time I went in my chin hit the floor, I was totally amazed at the place !

Sunflower
19-Aug-08, 23:02
I totally agree. It is great to have such an amazing selection available locally and they are so helpful - I've was given a shrink plastic demo one day I went in. They are streets ahead of the craft shops in Inverness.

porshiepoo
20-Aug-08, 15:55
Have to agree, what a great place, plus the OH can sit and drink coffee while I spend his money. What could be better! :lol:

My only criticism would be the lack of space. I hate having to shufty around people and so I don't get to have a good look at everything.

Great shop though, just what we needed. In fact, I wish I'd thought of it.

candyfloss
20-Aug-08, 16:11
Totally agree with everyone.
Always very friendly and helpful when i've been in a look :D

Charmain
05-Sep-08, 23:00
Many thanks to all for the pleasant comments, I agree that the shop is too small, with new deliveries arriving on a daily basis, Having been away for a week sourcing new products at good prices. Its makes it all the more worth while to be told about comments on this wonderfull site. Many thanks again, just to show our thanks to all our customers we are holding a Sakura Demo day with one of the top designers from Sakura, who will be demonstrating all the brilliant products that we stock from Sakura on Saturday 13th Septmeber. Its such hard work trying to get reps from such companies to come this far north even when you pay them to come, they really have no idea what their missing, I am so extatic that they have agreed to come up and demonstrate their products for all of our customers, who have been so nice, freindly, helpful and supporting. The complimentary teas and coffees, when we get the time is to show our thanks for all the home baking, fresh produce and such that our customers bring in to share. This would never happen down south so once again i would like to thank the wonderfull people of Caithness and further afield.

I may be able to craft but my spelling is rubbish.:D

Venture
06-Sep-08, 01:00
Many thanks to all for the pleasant comments, I agree that the shop is too small, with new deliveries arriving on a daily basis, Having been away for a week sourcing new products at good prices. Its makes it all the more worth while to be told about comments on this wonderfull site. Many thanks again, just to show our thanks to all our customers we are holding a Sakura Demo day with one of the top designers from Sakura, who will be demonstrating all the brilliant products that we stock from Sakura on Saturday 13th Septmeber. Its such hard work trying to get reps from such companies to come this far north even when you pay them to come, they really have no idea what their missing, I am so extatic that they have agreed to come up and demonstrate their products for all of our customers, who have been so nice, freindly, helpful and supporting. The complimentary teas and coffees, when we get the time is to show our thanks for all the home baking, fresh produce and such that our customers bring in to share. This would never happen down south so once again i would like to thank the wonderfull people of Caithness and further afield.

I may be able to craft but my spelling is rubbish.:D

Welcome to the org Charmain. You are providing a really good service to all those who need it, especially so far north. It's like an Alladins Cave in there and I for one can't resist every time I pass. Well done.;)