PDA

View Full Version : Love At First Sight ?

ice box
19-Dec-05, 22:58
Hi again iam just wondering has anybody had love at first sight . And if so are you still together ?

fed-ex
19-Dec-05, 23:15
Hi again iam just wondering has anybody had love at first sight . And if so are you still together ? what do you look like?;) .

ice box
19-Dec-05, 23:31
what do you look like?;) .
Well iam 62

fed-ex
19-Dec-05, 23:41
Well iam 62thats a great description..Well I do believe in love at first sight. But it usually wears off once you've sobered up in the morning......

Drutt
19-Dec-05, 23:53
Hi again iam just wondering has anybody had love at first sight . And if so are you still together ?
Yes and yes. If I'm still around in 20 years' time you can ask me if it still seems like a good idea.

EDDIE
20-Dec-05, 00:16
I think it really depends on what u mean buy love at first sight i think we all see people of different gender and fancy them.But at the end of the day looks are only skin deep its all in the personalty thats my view.
I could give a further in depth view but i think my reputation score will take dive so im not going to.

lizzie
20-Dec-05, 00:23
I don't believe in love at first sight, lust maybe.
such a shame eddie you are worried to give an in depth view for fear of your reputation, is'nt the message board for posting your comments? i'd say go ahead eddie and post what you really think! forget what others think.

moose and Lindsay
20-Dec-05, 00:44
Oh i believe in love at first sight

When i first met moose i fell in love with him more or less straight away, i was in love with him for 3 years, then we finally got together and we have been together for 3 years now and we got engaged a year ago

Haven't set a date yet but i hope its soon

Love you babe x

Lindsay

lizzie
20-Dec-05, 00:46
Oh i believe in love at first sight

When i first met moose i fell in love with him more or less straight away, i was in love with him for 3 years, then we finally got together and we have been together for 3 years now and we got engaged a year ago

Haven't set a date yet but i hope its soon

Love you babe x

Lindsay

after 6 years i'd be hoping soon to! congrats when the day comes.

ice box
20-Dec-05, 00:52
Aw thats nice .

Henrik7
20-Dec-05, 10:04
I do believe in love at first sight as me and my partner fell for each other as soon as we met. After quite a few dates we were soon a couple and have been with each other for 3 years, have a house together, due to get married next year and have a child.

brandy
20-Dec-05, 11:47
yup most def. umm does love at first type count?
met hubby online..
went into fav chat room to talk to mates he was there said hello.. and hit it off then and there.. was married 8 mnths later and that was 6 years the atlantic and two kids ago *G* and still going strong!

angela5
20-Dec-05, 14:35
it was love at first sight for me until i woke in the morning
and sobered up!:eek:

angela5
20-Dec-05, 16:18
There is no such thing as love at first sight, it is a concept dreamed up by romantics who need a way to air-brush that deadly sin they find stirring inside themselves.
That tingle,that spark, that connection you feel with a person upon first seeing them, that is lust, it is not, nor can be love.
Love is something that is built on far more, compatability, understanding, trust, security, respest..... none of these are present upon a first meeting, and therefore by definition, your feeling, however powerful can not be love.
Love at first sight is believed by people who don't know, or don't want to admit that the pull of a purely sexual attraction can be that intense, but it definitely can be, and there's nothing wrong in acknowledging that.

Rheghead
20-Dec-05, 16:22
Geezer, when a mother sees her child's face for the first time, is that not love at first sight?:rolleyes:

angela5
20-Dec-05, 16:30
Geezer, when a mother sees her child's face for the first time, is that not love at first sight?:rolleyes:

Ahh! reghead how very different!:rolleyes:

devon lass
20-Dec-05, 16:46
I didnt believe in love at first sight untill i met my husband .I met him when i was 18 we went for a drink and fell in love with his witty and wonderful personalty. 3 days later he asked to marry me and i said yes that was 28 years ago and i love him more each day.The day he met me his stars in the local paper said he would meet someone who he would spend the rest of his life with. Sorry if this sound a bit yucky to some but there is hope for other romantics. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE.

shrek_donkey
20-Dec-05, 21:07
I also believe in love at first sight

ice box
20-Dec-05, 21:59
Geezer, when a mother sees her child's face for the first time, is that not love at first sight?:rolleyes:well what about the father .

Ian Sinclair
29-Dec-05, 20:36
there are as many ways to fall in love as there are people

jamesmoore
29-Dec-05, 22:18
there are as many ways to fall in love as there are peopleI think the same applies to loathing some-one..

Bobinovich
30-Dec-05, 22:54
So many things to agree and disagree on...

Love at first sight - no - Love is definately something which is not instantaneous, but grows; and no not like mould like some of you un-romantic's may believe!.

Lust at first sight - yes - but whether that turns to love is another matter! Alcohol frequently plays a big part in this one...

Loathing at first sight - the jury's out - there are some people who, after a very short time, I might dislike, but I can't remember a single instance of loathing someone at first sight.

The only exception to the first one is, as mentioned previously, children, and the initial love there soon gives way to zombie-like tiredness and a ultra-repetitive cycle of feeding / burping / changing & sleeping.

landmarker
30-Dec-05, 23:58
Love at third sight maybe. First sight I was sober, she was dancing and larking about with my mate in a central Manchester disco. I could tell she fancied me though (he said modestly) and steamed in as she was leaving with her mate.

'Spirit in the Sky' was number one I think at the time. Norman Greenbaum.
April 1970. Still together. Have never agreed on everything but we both agree on where we want to grow old together. Sorry folks. Shove up a bit.

Alan

landmarker
31-Dec-05, 00:01
[QUOTE=Bobinovich]So many things to agree and disagree on...

Loathing at first sight - the jury's out - there are some people who, after a very short time, I might dislike, but I can't remember a single instance of loathing someone at first sight.

QUOTE]

Oh I can. Mind you, it helps if yer a judgemental barsteward.

Alan
(know yer own weaknesses lol)
p.s. I have been proven wrong several times en all.

crayola
31-Dec-05, 03:53
I certainly believe in lust at first sight because I used to earn extra money as a Sun and Daily Mirror Page 3 Girl and I've experienced it first hand on too, too many occasions. :rolleyes:

Hence my comments on the naked rambler.

Sporran
31-Dec-05, 08:11
Well I believe in attraction at first sight. You can be attracted to someone immediately, but not necessarily lust after them, if that makes any sense.

Errogie
19-Jan-06, 20:41
I think one of the best chat up lines I've ever heard was

"Do you believe in love at first sight or should I just walk by again"!

landmarker
19-Jan-06, 20:55
Deleted 'cos I realised I'd replied to this thread earleir. Must have been three sheets to the wind.

paris
19-Jan-06, 20:57
How would you describe love at first sight, for me its that butterfly tummy, cant wait to see him feeling which to be honest i cant describe lol I knew from the moment i first saw my hubby that i loved him, describing it is another thing.been together 30 yrs now.

moose and Lindsay
19-Jan-06, 22:40
AWWW thats so sweet and its exactly how i see it to

Hope we r together that long, fair while to catch up tho, but it'll soon fly in!!

the original ducky
05-Feb-06, 14:44
I believe in love at first sight, when i first seen my fella i fell in love instantly he is lovely and always making me laugh. We have been together now three and a half years and have a daughter shes nearly one.

My moto is never settle for secound best always aim higher!:o :p

cuddlepop
05-Feb-06, 15:12
It does exist if thoughts of :I want you:count.It was first time away from home on a catering placement on Gigha...............
19 was a fantastic age to be.
Partner I'm with now was a good friend for five years before we got together.Somehow I think this ones for keeps.:)

the original ducky
05-Feb-06, 16:00
Aww thats sweet. how long have you two been together for?

the original ducky
05-Feb-06, 16:02
lindsay and moose, you were saying that you have been together for a good while. how did you meet?

the original ducky
05-Feb-06, 16:04
Come on now everyone i want to know you're romantic first time of meeting the one you love. x

connieb19
05-Feb-06, 16:05
Come on now everyone i want to know you're romantic first time of meeting the one you love. xI'm still waiting..lol..I've had a couple of lucky escapes though..lol[para]

weeboyagee
05-Feb-06, 16:08
Absolutely - I fell in love with my fairlady the first time I saw her on the internet. We are still together! She's a racey lady! ;) :D :D

connieb19
05-Feb-06, 16:10
Absolutely - I fell in love with my fairlady the first time I saw her on the internet. We are still together! She's a racey lady! ;) :D :DIt must be a really nice car weeboyagee..lol:Razz

ivy
05-Feb-06, 16:26
How would you describe love at first sight, for me its that butterfly tummy, cant wait to see him feeling which to be honest i cant describe lol I knew from the moment i first saw my hubby that i loved him, describing it is another thing.been together 30 yrs now.

yea for me it was that butterfly feeling when i first saw my patner new he was the one for me.

rich62_uk
05-Feb-06, 16:34
I picked the phone up in the hall heard his vioce and had to sit down, I was in love....... Trish.

the original ducky
05-Feb-06, 17:21
Aww everyone you are so sweet, and soppy. does anyone have any funny or embarasing ones? I knew that i was in love when he was all i thought a bout and that he just makes me laugh all the time {no its not always at him ha ha} hes one of those guys that are hard to come by people if you know what i am talking about you will understand.[smirk]

connieb19
05-Feb-06, 17:26
Aww everyone you are so sweet, and soppy. does anyone have any funny or embarasing ones? I knew that i was in love when he was all i thought a bout and that he just makes me laugh all the time {no its not always at him ha ha} hes one of those guys that are hard to come by people if you know what i am talking about you will understand.[smirk]I used to go with this bloke who left his toothbrush in my house on the first night..:eek: and after a week he was asking whos couch we were keeping. What a job I had getting rid of him..lol[para]

the original ducky
05-Feb-06, 17:36
some men you find that they wont commit some thing to do with its not the right time { yeah what ever } and others that are after the first kiss they are like whens the wedding then {scary} :confused:

Royster1911
05-Feb-06, 17:53
Oh yes, it does happen. Met in 1968, engaged in 1969 and married in 1970. Still together yet and hope to stay that way for many years to come

weeboyagee
05-Feb-06, 18:43
......I remember one guy who met a girl and on the first night there was only one bed left in the house - there were a lot of people staying after the party. Everyone else had just gone to bed wondering what would become of this pair. The bed happened to have been used by a family who had kids staying the night before and there was a plastic sheet under the bed linen in case they wet the bed! Somehome I don't think it encouraged love at first sight and they probably slept on the floor - even the couch in the Living Room was taken!! :D

connieb19
05-Feb-06, 18:46
How is that if you meet someone its always when you're wearing old big knickers and have hairy legs????:confused:

weeboyagee
05-Feb-06, 18:48
......didn't know you were from Thrumster connie? :D hahahaha........

Bingobabe
05-Feb-06, 19:07
no i dont belive in love at first site i think you have to get to know someone before you can truly love them ive been married for over a year now and love my husband more now than i ever did because i know him but of course you can fancy someone at first site

dozy
05-Feb-06, 19:43
The answer is of course YES .We have been together 31 years this year, we met when she was 16 and i 17 .Couldn't be happier and i love her more ever day .Lucky me .

nicnak
05-Feb-06, 19:45
Dont know about love at first sight but certainly lust at first sight! Met my better half and it was def lust at first sight we married 3 years later and now have 3 wonderful children and have been married for over 10years so that def works. plus i wouldnt swap him for all the tea in china!

willowbankbear
06-Feb-06, 07:38
no i dont belive in love at first site i think you have to get to know someone before you can truly love them ive been married for over a year now and love my husband more now than i ever did because i know him but of course you can fancy someone at first site

Bingobabe, thats not what ye told me chicky:lol: [lol] :lol:

lorraine_2406
06-Feb-06, 08:51
when i met my husband it was certainly love at first sight he is my whole world and i love him more and more each day