PDA

View Full Version : Conniving pets.

Kenn
13-Aug-08, 20:15
Our cat has become very adept at scrounging an extra meal, earlier today he came in got fed by myself and then ten minutes later was howling at hubby who thought as his bowl was empty that I had ignored him!
He is also very good at sprinting up the stairs just before bed time so that he is sprawled right down the centre of the bed with his claws firmly hooked into the duvet.
Failure to attract the attention that he feels he so richly deserves means resorting to a tap with the paw on the foot or ankle accompanied by a very loud wail.
Wonder what other's get up to?

dragonfly
13-Aug-08, 20:27
on a sunny day if my 18 year old tortoiseshell can't get into my bedroom to lie on the duvet in full sun, she will take herself off to my mum's house and sit outside her door and yowl until she lets her in!

Being 18 she is getting slight dementia and sometimes ends up there even at nights and one night my dad got up to answer the door bell at 11:30 thinking who the heck is it at this time and opened the door to find Cola sitting there :eek: obviously some passerby took pity on her sitting there locked out so decided to lend a helping hand (or finger) to help her get in! :lol:

cat
13-Aug-08, 21:10
our old lab used to visit the four elderly ladies houses opposite ours every morning and get a biscuit from each of them!!she was a lovely dog and they all loved her company in the mornings,but we couldnt understand why despite loads of exercise and a strict diet she was getting bigger:lol:
she always got two of everything but would only take one biscuit from the first three houses and she would get one in the final house and eat it and woof for a 2nd and trot home with it in her mouth.if you sniffed her she actually smealt of rich teas:lol::lol:
we did have to put a stop to it though,once we discovered what was going on

teenybash
13-Aug-08, 23:33
One of my dogs, a white lurcher is adept at telling fibs....She has her dinner and when my oh gets home sits with pleading sad eyes looking at him and then her empty dish as if to 'I haven't been fed today.' :roll: Doesn't fool him but, he usually succumbs and gives her a biscuit because she tries so hard to look convincing......which she does and I nearly believe her myself and its me who feeds her. :confused

evelyn
14-Aug-08, 12:31
My old greyhound has got into a habit of getting a wee sachet of whiskas after his last trip to the garden before bed time.
Some nights he chances it by asking to go out again.......and then standing looking at me with pleading eyes by the cat food cupboard!!!
He knows I'm a bit of a softie!!!!
evelyn