PDA

View Full Version : Caithness Glass?

KCI
13-Aug-08, 19:19
Does anyone know where I can buy Caithness glass items now?

I'm looking for a couple of vases, or something like that, so I can have them engraved.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

ANNIE
13-Aug-08, 19:28
Try the charity shops or the second hand shop Back bridge street wick

Blondie
13-Aug-08, 19:31
I'm sure I saw some in Riverside Replicas in Thurso.

nicnic74
13-Aug-08, 19:49
Blythwood has a display of caithness glass in their window, there is some lovely pieces

lynne duncan
13-Aug-08, 19:51
ebay usually have a good supply of caithness glass

KCI
13-Aug-08, 20:19
Thanks guys - I'll have a look in Riverside Replicas. They are gifts, so I need to buy them brand new with the original boxes if I can. :)

arana negra
13-Aug-08, 20:21
Here is a link to the Perth Factory http://guide.visitscotland.com/vs/guide/5,en,SCH1/objectId,SIG49306Svs,curr,GBP,season,at1,selectedE ntry,home/home.html

poppett
14-Aug-08, 09:57
Perth factory has been closed and the site is being turned into smaller retail units of the touristy kind.

Visitor centre has moved to Crieff and you can have items sent direct and perfectly packaged.

Good luck with your quest.

KCI
14-Aug-08, 10:32
:) Thanks everyone.

I've had a look at the Caithness Glass website, and I could order something from there. I'll have a look in Riverside Replicas on Saturday, and if I can't find anything there, I'll order direct from the site.

arana negra
14-Aug-08, 11:27
Perth factory has been closed and the site is being turned into smaller retail units of the touristy kind.

Visitor centre has moved to Crieff and you can have items sent direct and perfectly packaged.

Good luck with your quest.

Blimey when did that happen ?

sorry for the out of date info ( writes note to self to read google info before posting link) :~(

poppett
14-Aug-08, 15:55
Asked the guy at the burger van a couple of months ago what was happening. The factory used to be a handy toilet stop on our travels and they did a good breakfast in the cafe.