PDA

View Full Version : towequipe.com

unicorn
13-Aug-08, 18:10
towequipe.com
after being sent the wrong product by this company I have spent the last 3 days argueing with this company about exchanging the product, they have given so many different stories it's unreal and in the end would exchange if I paid £50 carriage as they say I gave wrong information which I know for sure I never.
Don't touch with a bargepole. I now have a completely useless £169.00 towbar.

Kevin Milkins
13-Aug-08, 18:33
towequipe.com
after being sent the wrong product by this company I have spent the last 3 days argueing with this company about exchanging the product, they have given so many different stories it's unreal and in the end would exchange if I paid £50 carriage as they say I gave wrong information which I know for sure I never.
Don't touch with a bargepole. I now have a completely useless £169.00 towbar.

Sorry to hear all is not as it should be.
I get furious when this sort of thing happens to me.
You could try and advertise it on the org, you never nkow your luck it might just be what someone is looking for. Good luck

unicorn
13-Aug-08, 18:39
No chance nobody else has the same car as us up here, unfortunately.

Dog-eared
13-Aug-08, 18:58
Aberdeen Trailers were so helpful to me once trying to get bearings for an obsolete hub that they packed a box with all the odd bearings and took it up to the County Show where a very young, very knowledgeable lady sorted through them to find the bits I needed.

There are some good companys out there.

las123
15-Aug-08, 17:14
i got a towbar from them about 3 months ago, i had an excellent service, i emailed them as i wasnt sure what i all needed, they sold me the exact items, didnt add any extra's in to make a pound, and also it was delivered the day before it was supposed to.:)

Bad Manners
15-Aug-08, 17:34
did you order on the internet or the tel. If on the net you should have the conformation that states what you ordered. If you purchased on phone and items were incorrect you can still claim a full refund under consumer law. If the still do not pay report to trading standards we did with something similar and the company refunded full ammount and the cost of the postage. Its worth a try.

unicorn
15-Aug-08, 17:47
Hubby ordered on the net, I then got a confirmation call to say the towbar would definately fit our car, nobody asked for chassis number or anything yet they are saying that I quoted a model number to them 2 times but I know I didn't as the only time I spoke with them is when they called me to confirm and when I called to say it didn't fit, I was then asked at that point for chassis number and the calltaker said that is the wrong bar.
Our email states what was bought and they have changed the webpage since we bought it, when we ordered the only options were 2 for our vehicle 4x4 and 2wd ours is the 2wd there is now a third option there for 95 onwards but ours is 94. It seems the 95 onwards fits ours. When I asked what the sent towbar fits The calltaker said 80-98 I told her that's what it said when we ordered but she wouldn't back down and said but it wont fit your model. The one that fits ours is 95 onwards on their website. They know I can't prove that I didn't give the model number in a phone conversation so it seems it is tough luck.