PDA

View Full Version : Rosebank Playing Fields

accossie
13-Aug-08, 12:15
What has happened to the Rosebank Playing Fields this year ?

£50,000 was apparently spent last year on the facilities yet they are hardly being used and the refurbishment has not been finished

The tennis courts have a few people on after Wimbledon but the 5 A Side / Basketball court has hardly been used despite the fencing and floodlights being installed.

The trampolines have been missing all season and not replaced and the crazy golf still has only 7 holes and even these are in a terrible condition with rusty metal showing through already. The ordinary putting is probably no better

The bowling green has hardly been used, despite extensive work being done on it and the gardeners faithfully looking after it each day, and I have seen only three competitions on it this year. Have all the bowlers moved to St Fergus because of the better club facilities

Are there any plans to complete the refurbishment and encourage more use of the facilities ??

dirdyweeker
13-Aug-08, 17:04
Saw workmen working today in the trampoline area. Hopefully replacing what did exist before or perhaps just filling in the space. Will need to wait and see.

tommy1979
13-Aug-08, 17:22
the place is a shambles! prices are too high and facilities inadequate, like you say, the crazy golf is horrendous!! its the same obstacles they have had for the last 25 years!!!!! [evil]

Cattach
13-Aug-08, 19:51
the place is a shambles! prices are too high and facilities inadequate, like you say, the crazy golf is horrendous!! its the same obstacles they have had for the last 25 years!!!!! [evil]

I know the feeling. Thurso Golf Course has the same old obstacles since more than 25 years and everytime I pay I end up in the same old bunker or the same bit of rough!!

And as for the Beach Road tennis courts, they are a real mess - the ones in Wick were refurbished and as five star compared with Thurso. The putting has gone in Thurso and as for basketball - what is that? Count yourselves lucky you got £50,000 spent at the Rosebank as we got nothing at Beach Road.