PDA

View Full Version : Highlight of the week so far.

cuddlepop
12-Aug-08, 19:43
I really must try to get out more but so far this week my highlight has been getting the washing out and bringing it in dry.:lol:

Whats yours been?

trix
12-Aug-08, 19:45
findin oot i wis goin til graduate :lol::Razz

cuddlepop
12-Aug-08, 19:47

now thats brilliant news Trix,well done you.:D

karia
12-Aug-08, 19:48
The lovely welcome back you folks have given me!:)

...and trix getting til graduate...obviously.;)

trix
12-Aug-08, 19:48
now thats brilliant news Trix,well done you.:D

cheers cuddles....but lets no go there again...ma heids choost getin thro 'e door an no more :lol:

Anne x
12-Aug-08, 19:49
went to a Grand old Ladies 80 when I asked her if she wanted a flashing badge for being 80 she remarked " Certainly Not 80 is the new 60 " so that makes me -8 and probably rightly so as she is certainly fitter than I am highlight of my year never mind week

Sandra_B
12-Aug-08, 20:03
Highlight of my week...my, just turned, 7 year old telling me he loves me more than he loves his Nintendo game boy!!

scorrie
12-Aug-08, 20:05
Padraig Harrington winning the USPGA championships. The first European to win it in 78 years, he has an infectious grin and a terrific "Oirish" accent. Par threes become Par 'trees and he is the only golfer I have ever heard referring to "Dropping one at the t'urd hole"

I hope he can help inspire Europe in the upcoming Ryder Cup against the USA. Monty's playing like a spootfish just now!!

Tighsonas4
12-Aug-08, 20:37
cheers cuddles....but lets no go there again...ma heids choost getin thro 'e door an no more :lol:
get someonee to widen the door kid [lol] tony

domino
12-Aug-08, 21:12
Reading about all the wonderful achievements of the Orgers!

golach
12-Aug-08, 22:28
My Highlight of the week was today, standing in all the rain on Waverley Bridge, and a lady in an Aberdeen accent says to me, is that you, dont you remember me?. I said no, she then told me I was her Best Man :eek:, what a surprise I had not seen her for years, and her hubby was my Best Man :D

henry20
12-Aug-08, 22:43
Highlight of my week is becoming an auntie for the first time :D (ok, so it happened on Saturday, but it's gonna be the highlight of the year :))

changilass
12-Aug-08, 22:44
Finding that something I was expecting to be absolute bliddy agony wasn't that bad after all. phew.

Congratulations aunty henry

golach
12-Aug-08, 22:49
Finding that something I was expecting to be absolute bliddy agony wasn't that bad after all. phew.

Ach ye beeg softy Changi, but I am glad your ok :D

northener
12-Aug-08, 22:57
Getting a whole afternoon off (today) and having it coincide with delivery of all the bits I need to rebuild my bike.:D

'Twas hot in the shed...........

joxville
12-Aug-08, 23:05
Getting a whole afternoon off (today) and having it coincide with delivery of all the bits I need to rebuild my bike.:D

'Twas hot in the shed...........

So that'll be a few days off 'sick' then.[lol]

*Martin*
12-Aug-08, 23:06
Ordering new toys for cleaning my car http://detailingworld.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/Detailer.gif
I'm like a kid at christmas

joxville
12-Aug-08, 23:13
Highlight of my week, as every week, is talking on phone to my son who still lives in Thurso.

Rheghead
12-Aug-08, 23:14
She's walking at last!!:lol:

Bobinovich
12-Aug-08, 23:21
Rheg, you'll be wishing she wasn't soon enough!!! They get quick damn fast - time to grow a pair of eyes in the back of your head :D

changilass
12-Aug-08, 23:24
Thats brilliant rheggers:D

golach
12-Aug-08, 23:32
Great news owld mate

Kevin Milkins
12-Aug-08, 23:55
Building the bigest and best sand castle that Reiss beech have ever seen with my grandaughter.
Mind you at one stage I did warn her that if she didn't back off I would wack her with my spade.
She replied "grow up grancha"lol

joxville
13-Aug-08, 00:03
Building the bigest and best sand castle that Reiss beech have ever seen with my grandaughter.
Mind you at one stage I did warn her that if she didn't back off I would wack her with my spade.
She replied "grow up grancha"lol

Which one is the kid lol.

Kevin Milkins
13-Aug-08, 00:11
Which one is the kid lol.

I think you have got the picture Jox.lol

router
13-Aug-08, 01:31
not in written english then:)

Sporran
13-Aug-08, 18:56
A customer telling me that he'd had his watch since before I'd been born. When I asked him when he got it, he said 1962. His jaw dropped when I said I was born in 1955! :D

joxville
13-Aug-08, 23:47
This has made my week:

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?p=418920#post418920

Anne x
14-Aug-08, 18:29
thanks joxville your welcome

pretty good end to week here found out we today dont have to move house after 6 months of utter stress and worry
It has been quite a week all round with celebrations at the start of week for a birthday
And as it turns out the end of the week all is well for me so far
Nice stories in this post

Sporran
16-Aug-08, 18:42
Another highlight of my week is that I found some more lovely new clothes in the summer sales. Not only were they a good buy - they are also a size smaller than last year! :D I have been losing weight these past few months. A stone so far, but still plan to lose more!

canuck
16-Aug-08, 18:50
She's walking at last!!:lol:

Rhegs, that is absolutely fantastic news. Congratulations!

Welcomefamily
17-Aug-08, 09:35
This weekends medals.

wifie
17-Aug-08, 11:19
Great thread Cuddlepop! Lovin all yer positives folks! My highlight was visitin somewhere I had not been in years and feelin so at home and happy!
Congrats auntie Henry - LOL! Rheggers - LOOK OUT :eek: you will be kept on yer toes now!

Loch not Lock
17-Aug-08, 11:28
I'm sorry to say it has not arrived yet. Maybe tomorrow?

Fluff
17-Aug-08, 11:29
My highlight has to be finishing work on Friday, now on holiday for a week and a bit. Going to Edinburgh on Thursday, get to see my lovely niece and nephews and sis in law. (also means i miss the madness of the Reading festival lol)

golach
17-Aug-08, 11:32
My highlight has to be finishing work on Friday, now on holiday for a week and a bit. Going to Edinburgh on Thursday, get to see my lovely niece and nephews and sis in law. (also means i miss the madness of the Reading festival lol)
Sorry to tell you this but Edinburgh is in the middle of Festival also, and I think it may be a little more hectic here than in Reading. But enjoy it just the same :D

Fluff
17-Aug-08, 12:09
yeah I know but I think the culture and general IQ will be higher than here lol

cuddlepop
17-Aug-08, 13:38
You've all had some great highlights in your past week.the nearest more eventful highlight I've had is spending £100 in sports clothes and footwear for three of us that should have been £200.:D

Intersport in Portree is closing and a hardware store is opening instead.
There will then be nowhere to buy footwear on the island and thats awful.:(

joxville
17-Aug-08, 14:09
Intersport in Portree is closing and a hardware store is opening instead.
There will then be nowhere to buy footwear on the island and thats awful.:(

When hardware store opens buy saws, files and plane-make yourself clogs. [lol]

joxville
17-Aug-08, 14:10
Good end to my week is friends having their second child.

Oh, and 2 small wins on Lotto.

Dadie
17-Aug-08, 14:28
I was allowed to bid on the changing bag I have been coveting on ebay and I won it (for more money than my hubby would have gone to but hey who has to carry the damn thing day in day out)

will look like a lady with a bag not a bag lady!

router
17-Aug-08, 14:31
i completed 70 odd feet of fencing,just got gate to do in same style.

northener hope you be puttin pics of bike on once it's done.

sassylass
17-Aug-08, 22:12
Lunched with a couple friends yesterday, we hadn't seen each other in months. My cheeks hurt from so much laughing and smiling.

golach
17-Aug-08, 23:45
Lunched with a couple friends yesterday, we hadn't seen each other in months. My cheeks hurt from so much laughing and smiling.
Chatted with your beeg Sis today, a good highlight for me :)

Venture
18-Aug-08, 00:12
Highlight of the week for me was seeing my two wonderful grandsons again after being away on holiday for two weeks. And can't forget getting back on the org, although mind you it will take me another two weeks to catch up with everything that's happened on here.