PDA

View Full Version : Santa

fed-ex
18-Dec-05, 18:36
Can Any-one Be A Santa Or Do You Have To Be Registered?

ice box
18-Dec-05, 19:04
I would think you would have be registered as there's tough regulations when conserning children .

fed-ex
18-Dec-05, 19:06
Registered where though?

ice box
18-Dec-05, 19:15
I would imagine it would be the council or if you know of someone on the round table they would know but dont quote me on that .

LENSMAN
18-Dec-05, 19:45
North Pole?

unicorn
18-Dec-05, 19:53
I would assume that you would now have to also have police clearance. The best place to ask would be the social works office.

angela5
18-Dec-05, 20:25
You will need police checks so your a little late if you were planning on being santa this year.
As unicorn said 'best place to ask is the social work department'.

Rheghead
18-Dec-05, 21:09
Do you have to register to be a santa now? How ridiculous!!

Rheghead
18-Dec-05, 21:15
I doubt if it ever would come to that, you are having your fears unnecessarily twanged...

krieve
18-Dec-05, 21:21
I agree it is not rediculous, not where children are concerned anyway a check should be made.

fed-ex
18-Dec-05, 21:25
How do you know if the Santa is registered then?
You can't just assume. They could be on the sex offenders register for all you know. I dont think children are allowed to sit on santas knee anymore.
Im sure thats a new rule now.......

angela5
18-Dec-05, 21:30
Working with children requires you to be checked by the police.
This is an inoffensive act all new nursery teachers etc have to be checked, also if this was not the law then anyone could be a santa god forbid!! there are to many wierdo's on the go.

Rheghead
18-Dec-05, 21:30
Do you really think that these people will get the job in the first place? Santas get to be appointed by the folkies because they trust them and it would be an honour for that person to hold that trust. Making them register seems to me to be a slap in the face.

fed-ex
18-Dec-05, 21:33
Do you really think that these people will get the job in the first place? Santas get to be appointed by the folkies because they trust them and it would be an honour for that person to hold that trust. Making them register seems to me to be a slap in the face.Child abusers usually do gain the trust of kids first though. Thats what makes this all such a scary thought.

angela5
18-Dec-05, 21:35
Do you really think that these people will get the job in the first place? Santas get to be appointed by the folkies because they trust them and it would be an honour for that person to hold that trust. Making them register seems to me to be a slap in the face.

Sorry rheghead but most child abusers 96% of the time are the trusted ones and family members.

if you lived beside an elderly man for 15 years and shared many a cup of tea with him you'd assume he would be an ideal santa, this is not always the case its just those well trusted people are more than likely the perv's.

Rheghead
18-Dec-05, 21:38
not only the kids,the families too. infact more often than not it is a family member

And registering and vetting a family member will prevent an offence from happening?:rolleyes:

It is the parents that appoint Santas not the kiddies. Still got to see a valid reason for registration...

angela5
18-Dec-05, 21:38
As i said ' it is an inoffensive way' most people don't have a problem with being vetted unless they had something to hide.

angela5
18-Dec-05, 21:41
And registering and vetting a family member will prevent an offence from happening?:rolleyes:

It is the parents that appoint Santas not the kiddies. Still got to see a valid reason for registration...

what do you mean? are you saying because a parent recommends a family member that all the other parents just need to take one parents view and put trust in santa on the say so of this parent?

Rheghead
18-Dec-05, 21:42
Ah, the 'something to hide' line. I wondered when that would come up. A man who has no previous convictions but has a history of child abuse has nothing to hide either.

Rheghead
18-Dec-05, 21:46
what do you mean? are you saying because a parent recommends a family member that all the other parents just need to take one parents view and put trust in santa on the say so of this parent?

What I mean is that trust is a far more effective measure in ensuring a happy prezzie presentation than a piece of paper from the Police Authority.

fed-ex
18-Dec-05, 21:47
You obviously have no kids then Rheghead. I can guarantee you would feel different if you did. You try to protect your kids as much as you can.
I wouldnt let any kid of mines sit on some strange blokes knee..

angela5
Ah, the 'something to hide' line. I wondered when that would come up. A man who has no previous convictions but has a history of child abuse has nothing to hide either.

You know perfectly well vetting someone is now the law you at least have some common sense, grow up and stop looking to suck people into nonsense. you should have more intelligence rheghead.

Rheghead
WELL???? have you?

Well, have you?

Rheghead
18-Dec-05, 21:48
You know perfectly well vetting someone is now the law you at least have some common sense, grow up and stop looking to suck people into nonsense. you should have more intelligence rheghead.

Sohom springs to mind...

angela5
18-Dec-05, 21:51
What I mean is that trust is a far more effective measure in ensuring a happy prezzie presentation than a piece of paper from the Police Authority.

Trust from knowing santa has a piece of paper in his pressie bag. lol

krieve
18-Dec-05, 21:57
Of course they would be vetted you have got to be checked by the police to work with chidren.Even if you apply to be a school cook or cleaner you still have got to be checked by the police.

unicorn
18-Dec-05, 22:06
Children trust Santa so what better way for a weirdo to get close?? Its far better to be safe and have people vetted and police checked than rant and rave after something awful has happened to a trusting child surely.

angela5
18-Dec-05, 22:10
Children trust Santa so what better way for a weirdo to get close?? Its far better to be safe and have people vetted and police checked than rant and rave after something awful has happened to a trusting child surely.

Excellent someone else who agree's.
how can someone not understand its not like a slap in the face to be vetted.
so much goes on in life where we say 'if only' lets make sure at christmas time this is not when we have to say it.

brandy
18-Dec-05, 22:44
it is dif say someone dresses as santa and comes to your home for a visit with your children.
but when you use a santa that is in a group enviroment.. where there are many children, yes it is sensible to have the person vetted.. i def would not want my children around an unknown entity.. just because ive been told he a "nice person" dosent mean anything to me.
ive had police checks done .. when i worked in childcare
in fact not only did i have a background check done but also had to go to the police station and be fingerprinted as well .. not to mention the Tb test and the hep jags.. that i had to get as part of the job..
when it comes to workign with children you have to be very careful
so yes i think it is very sensible to have a check done on anyone
that works with or around children,elderly or any vulnerable peeps *sorry cant spell*

angela5
18-Dec-05, 22:47
it is dif say someone dresses as santa and comes to your home for a visit with your children.
but when you use a santa that is in a group enviroment.. where there are many children, yes it is sensible to have the person vetted.. i def would not want my children around an unknown entity.. just because ive been told he a "nice person" dosent mean anything to me.
ive had police checks done .. when i worked in childcare
in fact not only did i have a background check done but also had to go to the police station and be fingerprinted as well .. not to mention the Tb test and the hep jags.. that i had to get as part of the job..
when it comes to workign with children you have to be very careful
so yes i think it is very sensible to have a check done on anyone
that works with or around children,elderly or any vulnerable peeps *sorry cant spell* Interesting but why the need to say sorry for can't spell? surely no-one will comment on the spelling if they do then nit pickers i'd say.

ice box
18-Dec-05, 23:15
Working with children requires you to be checked by the police.
This is an inoffensive act all new nursery teachers etc have to be checked, also if this was not the law then anyone could be a santa god forbid!! there are to many wierdo's on the go.
You also will probably have to fill in a disclosuer of scotland i would imagine in case you are on the sex offenders register .