PDA

View Full Version : Farmer's Market

Frey
11-Aug-08, 20:35
How many of us would love to see a Farmer's Market back into Caithness? One morning a week of stalls where you can get all your fresh, home grown vegetables and eggs, meats and a few crafts?

thickrodney
11-Aug-08, 21:33
aye wood....

ciderally
11-Aug-08, 22:32
good idea....

Welcomefamily
11-Aug-08, 22:33
it would be good

nicnak
11-Aug-08, 22:47
having done Wick market several times i would like to suggest that if a market is to be held it be inside, because standing in the market square even on a sunny day is cold and downright draughty, not only that if it is raining all the stalls leak and ruins any goods you may take,

dirdyweeker
11-Aug-08, 23:41
having done Wick market several times i would like to suggest that if a market is to be held it be inside, because standing in the market square even on a sunny day is cold and downright draughty, not only that if it is raining all the stalls leak and ruins any goods you may take,

I would agree with you there. Sometimes that part of High Street is just a wind tunnel, often too breezy to stop and browse so feel sorry for the stall holders.
It would be nice to know of a regular day when one could buy fresh, local fruit, eggs and veg. John O'groat tatties today....yum! (from the Coop)

Bad Manners
12-Aug-08, 09:32
they run a very succesful farmers market in dingwall and it is spread the length of the high street using up all the little pockets of space.
it would be nice to have that up here it would certainly help local suppliers maintain there excellent standards.
another thought would be to have a permenant market compriced of many small unit that could be rented by buisinesses especially those who do not require large areas. it could also contain pitch stands that could be rented on a weekly or daily basis. in my opinion it would be a great benifit to the area and help support local suppliers and crafts people alike.

teenybash
12-Aug-08, 10:26
Local farmers market would be a wonderful asset. Idoor would be nice and I think would encourage greater use by both buyer and seller............:)

floyed
12-Aug-08, 10:27
Ats a great idea, i would use it fresh veg for ma soup yummy!!