PDA

View Full Version : Banger race/ Sannie O'Brien Memorial Cup

bull
11-Aug-08, 16:43
HELLO, To all banger race nutters, would you be interested in a FREE PRACTICE RACE, At the same place same time 24th august.This is for FUN ONLY. ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK ONLY. [evil]

veekay
11-Aug-08, 20:53
Where? Please

bull
11-Aug-08, 23:10
Hi if I can get some interest it will be at D. Budge of Hempriggs wick.

bull
13-Aug-08, 16:49
Hello, I was going to do a banger race at Hempriggs on 24th August for fun , but I have been asked to do it at the Hill of Many Stanes, Hill of Clyth instead, on the 31 August 08 at 1pm start time. All wellcome to be there. BUT AT YOUR OWN RISK. PHONE Stuart on 01593721550 or Duncan 01955603241.:roll:

bull
13-Aug-08, 17:08
Hello, I was going to do a banger race at Hempriggs on 24th August for fun, but I have been asked to do it at the Hill of Many Stanes, Hill of Clyth instead, on 31 August 08 start time 1pm.This is a new race for THE SANNIE O'BRIEN MEMORIAL CUP. BUT YOU ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK. Phone stuart on 01593721550 or Duncan on 01955603241.

black16i
13-Aug-08, 22:58
you can count me in, so u have 1 anyway :lol:

bull
13-Aug-08, 23:30
EXCELLENT, SEE YOU THERE.:Razz

bull
15-Aug-08, 22:11
Hi Banger Race Fans.

The date has been set: Sunday 31st August
Time: scrutineering from 11am, race start: 1pm
Venue: Hill of Clyth, (Hill of many stanes)

If, like us, you enjoy a bit of good old fashioned fun, come and join us for a days banger racing. Everyone welcome! FREE for spectators. £5 from racers would be appreciated to cover cost of setting up track (fuel for diggers etc).
For more information, watch this space, listen to Caithness FM or call Stuart Sutherland on 01593 721 550.

This race is to be held in memory of our friend, Sanny O'Brien, and as mentioned before, EVERYONE is welcome!

bull
15-Aug-08, 22:24
Hi Everyone,

We are holding a banger race at The Hill of Clyth (Hill of many stanes) on Sunday 31st August.
Scrutineering will start from 11am, with races starting at 1pm.

Everyone is welcome. Spectators free, however £5 from each driver would be appreciated to cover costs of setting up track (fuel for diggers etc).
This is a decent sized track and promises to be lots of fun!
Unfortunately, we do not have the names of everyone who entered the Wick Banger Race which has recently been cancelled. Please, if you have gone to the bother of preparing a car, come along and have some real fun!
This promises to be a banger race with a difference! (Not for the faint hearted!!!)

For more details, watch this space, listen to Caithness FM or call Stuart Sutherland on 01593 721 550.

nicnak
20-Aug-08, 22:08
Hi there is there any rules or regualtions for the race and can you give us directions to where it is from Wick please
many thanks

2little2late
23-Aug-08, 17:00
Hi there is there any rules or regualtions for the race and can you give us directions to where it is from Wick please
many thanks

Thought you might have known where Hill O' Many Stanes is. [lol] [lol]

bull
25-Aug-08, 19:14
Hi, The rules are NO GLASS. HAVE TO HAVE ROLL BAR , TIE DOWN THE BATTERY. AND HAVE SOME KIND OF STRONG MESH ON THE WINDSCREEN. There are more but will tell all drivers on the day.The Hill of Many Stanes is well sign posted from wick or lybster. It is about 10 miles from wick and 4 from lybster. Hope to see you there.:Razz

bull
27-Aug-08, 15:14
The Race Track is know ready to race on, sunday 31 august. Race start's 1pm. see you all there.:lol:

grandma
29-Aug-08, 15:06
Hope you get a good turn out for it and have a great day. Grandpa and I will be there.

bull
29-Aug-08, 23:16
Thanks for your support!
The track is looking good for some serious driving! Hope you're both competing!!
Should be good; we have Willie Mackay (AI man) for the running commentary!! (Always hilarious!)
We have a food/burger van in attendance to feed the starving!!
Not to mention the FABULOUS cup that's up for grabs!
Look out for signs on the main A99 (they are quite small~sorry!)

Look forward to seeing you both there!

bull
31-Aug-08, 09:51
Hi Everyone,

Remember the banger race today, if you're looking for something to do.

It starts at 1pm, Hill of Many Stanes, Clyth, near Lybster. (Look for the small signs, at the old Kyleburn Confectionery road end)

With over 30 drivers taking part and a challenging track, it promises to be quite exciting!

See who wins the lovely "Sanny O'Brien" Memorial Cup for their antics!

No money required (apart from the food van) so a fun, free day out for all the family! (And, it's a nice day!)

Hope to see you all there!

joxville
31-Aug-08, 10:15
I love watching banger racing but unfortunately won't be able to make it to this event. Good luck to all who take part in it, have a great day everyone. :)

dirdyweeker
31-Aug-08, 20:28
how did the banger racing go then? Anyone here attend? Who won the trophy?

exweeker
31-Aug-08, 20:35
how did the banger racing go then? Anyone here attend? Who won the trophy?

when i was their their was a lot of scids and spills cars were slewing all over the place on dogs dirt from neighbours packs of dogs. poop scoop no good the need a shovel

dirdyweeker
31-Aug-08, 20:44
sounds wonderful, let's hope the spectators were well clad!
A few bangers in need of a shampoo the night then:lol:

bull
31-Aug-08, 21:20
The banger race was brill!

The cup was won by Alan O'Brien and many heat winners were presented with prizes also.

Heat winners were as follows: Ronnie Gow, Thomas Rapson, Sandy Robertson, Davie Johnston, Noddy, Johnny Baldwin, Sandy O'Brien, Duncan O'Brien and James Stewart.
Our only girl was Louise Kennedy from Linlithgow, who showed a few of the guys how it should be done!

Well done to all the drivers who provided us all with a great days entertainment! We hope you all come back again next year and bring your friends!

Willie and Glynnis provided a fantastic running commentary and we appreciate them giving up their time for the day.

cuthill
31-Aug-08, 23:29
It Was a great day out,look forward to next year

hotrod4
01-Sep-08, 16:09
Went out to Clyth looked a great day out for all the family, looking forward to next year well done to the organisers. :)

Allan
07-Sep-08, 01:29
A bit blurry but you can get the idea.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PLs-xlSumN8

unicorn
07-Sep-08, 01:33
Looks like you had an excellent turn out :D well done