PDA

View Full Version : how do you like yours!!

sharon
10-Aug-08, 19:57
curry and rice, how do you like yours?

Does anyone agree that a curry should be full of flavour with a bit of kick from the spice?

but bought a curry from a takeaway that i wont name! or i will get kicked off the org, just will say i wish i did go to the Chinese
the rice over cooked!! a bit of cream and a lovely rice pudding :roll: the curry had spice but no flavor and with the over cooked rice [disgust] yuck!
The beef well a bit of minute steak and 2 lumps of cubed beef and some other lumps, of a pale, chewy, texture like kidneys! would of got more flavor in a tesco value frozen one and i would of got 5 for the price of that one and had change

phone the said takeaway and was simply told that they never had any complaints before about the beef curry, well i did get upset and told them that i will not be going there again!! not even a sorry! :~( very much lacking in customer care and what happened to the customer is always right!

i should of let the kids put the fiver in the psda collection can on the counter, instead it went to the bin!

sorry for the rant!

Rheghead
10-Aug-08, 20:05
You are best going to the Indian for a curry as I wouldn't go to Bord L'eau for a Haggis and neeps.

As for preference, it depends on my mood, Korma to Phaal, I don't mind.

changilass
10-Aug-08, 20:12
Just finished a chicken madras and it was yummy

sharon
10-Aug-08, 20:14
Just finished a chicken madras and it was yummy

you making me jealous!!

joxville
10-Aug-08, 20:18
I've just finished chicken Jalfrezi and very nice it was too. I never go to Chinese for a curry because, (and it's the same wherever I've lived in UK), their curries always have massive chunky veg and and the beef takes a half hour to masticate.

Froggie
10-Aug-08, 20:21
Cant fault the chicken korma wi rice fae the Taj Mahal in Castletown. big plate full and the sauce is yummy, im a convert:D

bettedaviseyes
10-Aug-08, 20:34
;)i make curry at my work a lot and the locals love it here's the recipe its really easy you can have it as korma or spicy....

1. white onion sliced.
2. 4/5 tablespoons of korma paste.
3. 2/3 tablespoons of tomato sauce.
4. 3 tablespoons of madras curry powder.
4. 3 tablespoons of mango chutney.
5. then 600mls of water boil for 20/25 mins to thinken add cornflour and water together to curry easy if you want it to be a korma just add cream or if you like spicy add chilli's or chilli powder to your liking. :D

arana negra
10-Aug-08, 20:41
Mostly have chicken something depending on the mood, korma, jalfrezi or a balti, found a place near the Spanish/Portugese border that does them MMMMM yummy

Cannot remember ever having a good chinese/indian takeaway prefer to go and sit in. There is an Indian place in Exeter which was brilliant and one in Ross on Wye which was close behind it.

balto
10-Aug-08, 20:56
we tried a certain indian the other week, just because they were offering free home delivery over a certain amount and not to say i was dissapointed, there was no kick of it at all, now i am not one for a very hot curry but this one was pathetic, the chinese ones are a lot nicer and spicer.

Welcomefamily
10-Aug-08, 22:18
Jalfrezi if out but wifie makes a excellent curry, can be a little heavy on the chilli at times.

Kevin Milkins
10-Aug-08, 22:26
I have been a fan of Indian food for a long time and have to say the take aways from Tesco is as good as it gets as a Indian take away.
I agree with jox about the Chinese.
It always concerns me that you place your order and the door is still swinging when they bring the food.

Rheghead
10-Aug-08, 22:49
we tried a certain indian the other week, just because they were offering free home delivery over a certain amount and not to say i was dissapointed, there was no kick of it at all, now i am not one for a very hot curry but this one was pathetic, the chinese ones are a lot nicer and spicer.

Hmm, that is hard to give an answer to then. You don't like hot and spicy and slammed the Indian for it and then you give praise to the Chinese for being more hot and spicy.:roll: Go on, be a devil, why all the double talk, you know fully that the Indian takeaway can give a real kick to its meals, have a vindaloo...:lol: I bet you ordered what you had because you were told it wasn't hot and spicy. You get what you ask for I suppose.

unicorn
10-Aug-08, 22:54
I must be easy pleased cos never had a problem with any of the indians, always a lovely meal just as I ask for it :D

teenybash
10-Aug-08, 23:28
Love Indian food and never had any cause to complain...always get what I order and tastes scrummy.....................but sometimes end up making by own including chapatis as it takes less time than the journey there and back................:p

SNOWDOG
11-Aug-08, 13:00
Usually go to the Taj Mahal in Castletown once a month, havent had bad scoff yet! :)

wifie
11-Aug-08, 13:20
Love Indian food and never had any cause to complain...always get what I order and tastes scrummy.....................but sometimes end up making by own including chapatis as it takes less time than the journey there and back................:p

Teenybash share your recipe for chapatis with us!

Fesman
11-Aug-08, 13:20
I'm always partial to a curry.

I've had a few bad one's, in my time and as the years swing by, I prefer the flavour to the spice.

If I want spice, I'll eat Mexican

For flavour and spice it's really hard to beat a good Thai curry. The blend of flavours and textures is disturbingly subtle and leave the taste buds wondering what the next mouthful will offer.

Always pleasant :)

I'll never forget a quote by "Oz" from "Aufweidersein Pet" : In Germany, "Let's find an Indian... There's nothing more British than a good curry" :)

Whitewater
11-Aug-08, 22:06
I like a good curry myself but I don't go beyond Madras thats hot enough for me, but I prefer the ones I make at home they are more along the Thia style, I had some beauties while visiting Thialand a few years ago, they also made some you couldn't really enjoy, they were just too hot.

joxville
11-Aug-08, 22:26
The hotter the better for me although sometimes I'll have Madras rather then Vindaloo. Same as Kevin sometimes I'll but a Tesco curry, usually a Jalfrezi which although not hot is very tasty. I also like Thai green and red curries and partial to Mexican for spicy Tacos.