PDA

View Full Version : Splash!!!

Amy-Winehouse
10-Aug-08, 17:31
Last night as we were walking down from the Blackstairs heading toward the Camps bar, I neared to the service bridge & saw two guys larking about on the middle of the bridge , obviously pissed out of their skulls going by the noise coming from them.
As we crossed to the opposite side of the road to avoid any confrontation with the two young men, one of them slipped & fell over the bridge!!!!!
Before you could say 999 the other one jumped over the wall after the other???!!!!
We ran over to see if they were okay or if the tide was in to break the fall but the tide was quite low & one of them was in quite a bit of pain with his leg-whether it was broken I couldnt say but his clothes were ruined .
The second chap was screaming about pain in his wrist - maybe it was broken due to the height of the fall?

Did any other people see the two guys or know if they were okay? I dont know either but I was a bit concerned

Metalattakk
10-Aug-08, 18:02
So what you're saying is, you just walked off and left them?

Margaret M.
10-Aug-08, 18:03
So who fished them out?

DeHaviLand
10-Aug-08, 18:07

No, what she's saying is, she walked off laughing and left them.:lol:

Kevin Milkins
10-Aug-08, 18:36
Last night as we were walking down from the Blackstairs heading toward the Camps bar, I neared to the service bridge & saw two guys larking about on the middle of the bridge , obviously pissed out of their skulls going by the noise coming from them.
As we crossed to the opposite side of the road to avoid any confrontation with the two young men, one of them slipped & fell over the bridge!!!!!
Before you could say 999 the other one jumped over the wall after the other???!!!!
We ran over to see if they were okay or if the tide was in to break the fall but the tide was quite low & one of them was in quite a bit of pain with his leg-whether it was broken I couldnt say but his clothes were ruined .
The second chap was screaming about pain in his wrist - maybe it was broken due to the height of the fall?

Did any other people see the two guys or know if they were okay? I dont know either but I was a bit concerned

I am fine now thanks. I may need a new shirt and jeans.
When my mate said are you coming for a fish supper, I thought he meant from the chip shop.:roll::lol:

domino
10-Aug-08, 18:52
They were not the first, and will not be the last to do that sort of thing. It takes all kinds

joxville
10-Aug-08, 20:22
Maybe they were trying the latest craze of 'Tombstoning'.

the second coming
10-Aug-08, 20:27
No not feathers like the ones icarus used

but the ones for catching fish, I got two slightly sober chaps of the rocks last night. I'm amazed at the variety of fish I'm catching these days.

Reckon it must be to do with global warming!!

balto
10-Aug-08, 21:00

not tht concerned you never helped them, drunk or not surly they deserved help, from any passers by aye they my have been idiots but i couldnt walk of and leave them

Amy-Winehouse
10-Aug-08, 21:38

There were plenty others on & around the bridge to help them, my friend called an ambulance for them but first on the scene were the police- A breach o the peace offence if they got lifted.

As im not proficient in first aid , i fail to see how i could actually help them???
I certainly wasnt going to climb down into that rat infested rivver harbour bank in my best clothes!!!! And beinjg half pissed , it certainly isnt the brightest thing to do-im sure youll agree.

Kevin Milkins
10-Aug-08, 22:05
I forgot to mention I was only kidding. If I had lauched myself off the bridge the first thing to be reported would be a tsuami.lol:lol:
I am flattered by the concerned PMs though.
Hope the guys who were clowning around got off lightly.