PDA

View Full Version : Info needed!!!

rs 2k
10-Aug-08, 14:47
Hi there

I need some info on a Tefal quick-cup kettle

We bought this off currys website last nov and the thing worked fine, now the hot water it puts out isn't as hot, i have read the instructions and de-scaled it etc but its not working

The water is hot but not hot enough for a cuppa, coz when u put milk in its kinda warmish

I'm i doing something wrong?

Is there a way of making the water hotter?

Or has it had it?

I did email currys website abut a month ago but still waiting for a reply :mad:

I think i will need to phone them in the morning, coz it wasn't cheap and i love it, nice and quick, no waiting, still under guarantee 2 so they better do something

Forgot to say, i just put in a new filter coz i thought that would help, but no

EDDIE
10-Aug-08, 14:58
Get a temperatue gauge and measure the the hot water i was looking at getting one but it will not boil the water to 100 degrees c like a kettle it should heat the hot water to 92 degrees c i think its just the design of the thing.
Try it again without the filter in place to rule out the filter and u are better of finding out the temp it heats to before complaing to currys.
And you should still be in warranty to get a replacement if its not heating to 92 degrees

Torvaig
10-Aug-08, 15:06
Either give the coffee a wee blast in the microwave or heat the milk on its own in the mw until you get things sorted.

Sapphire2803
10-Aug-08, 15:08
I've just had a quick search around on the internet and it seems to be a common problem. I've found a lot of people complaining that after a couple of months it just doesn't get hot enough any more.
http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews151954.html
I'd say return it for a refund or replacement.

Julia
10-Aug-08, 15:13
I was looking into buying one of these myself but read so many bad reviews and customer complaints that the water is simply not hot enough. There is nothing wrong with your machine, it's how it was intended to work. My advice would be to contact Tefal directly and state to them that it is not fit for the purpose for which it was bought, you should at least get a refund.

rs 2k
10-Aug-08, 21:15
Thanx for all replies but i think i will phone currys tomorrow and c how it goes

I want money back and i won't b buying another 1 [disgust]

hotrod4
11-Aug-08, 06:43
I would take it back. I went through 2 of them with the exact same fault as you. Got my money back and contacted tefal. Which was a waste of time, they sent me a letter apologising with a £10 voucher,which was fair enough but to use the voucher I had to purchase a tefal product then send the receipt and voucher back to Tefal who would then send me a cheque for £10!!! I couldnt believe the cheek of them, I would have been more likely to use it if it was £10 off immediately but then again they probably know that! :(

they are a great idea but there are serious design faults as so many have been returned to Tefal that its not worth the hassle,as its under guarantee you should be alright, good luck.