PDA

View Full Version : Sending Pics

scaraben
09-Aug-08, 14:52
I sometimes send a picture or two ( perhaps even more ! ) to a friend in New Zealand. When I paste these into the email, she has to get her Internet supplier to delete them, as ( Not having Broadband ) it takes ages ( if at all ) to download. Would it be better were I to select what I wish to send, Open a file & send it as a file to them ?

Brizer2k7
09-Aug-08, 15:10
Hi,

It would be better if you cut the size of the pictures down or save them in jpg or gif format instead of the larger format of bmp. Especially if you are taking the photo directly from a digital camera then emailing them without editting the photo.

Or you could shrink the file using winzip

blueivy
09-Aug-08, 15:13
I sometimes send a picture or two ( perhaps even more ! ) to a friend in New Zealand. When I paste these into the email, she has to get her Internet supplier to delete them, as ( Not having Broadband ) it takes ages ( if at all ) to download. Would it be better were I to select what I wish to send, Open a file & send it as a file to them ?

What format are the pics (what is the file extension on them) and what do you use to send them (Outlook / Outlook Express / Webmail through IE or Firefox)?

DeHaviLand
09-Aug-08, 17:15
Open a photobucket account. Put the photos you wish to share with your friend into a password protected page. E-mail the password to your friend. Job done.