PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Thatcher

Anonymous
26-Jun-03, 18:25
Lots of tributes to Dennis on the news today, the man behind the woman and all that, he must have been made of strong stuff - more than 50 years living with Maggie :eek:
Seemed a character though, and certainly fond of a dram.

squidge
26-Jun-03, 23:56
is he dead?

George Brims
27-Jun-03, 02:20
Completely, from what I read.

gleeber
27-Jun-03, 10:40
[lol] @gbrims. That ones from the back streets of Watten right enough.

Its always sad when someone dies.
Mr Thatcher was pro apartheid in South Africa.
The world is better off without poison like that being spread.

jjc
27-Jun-03, 12:11
People, people, please...

The man has just died. He leaves behind a grieving widow and fatherless children. Whatever you thought of him (or his wife), a little respect is in order!!!!

Anonymous
27-Jun-03, 17:33
Dont think I ever heard him speak on any subject Gleeber, can I use the same argument to say that you consider the world to be a better place because we still have Winnie Mandela :roll:

gleeber
27-Jun-03, 18:51
Your ability to put words in my mouth is legendary KW14 but i cant decide whether your the ventriloquist or the dummy.

Anonymous
27-Jun-03, 19:13
Oh I'm the dummy Gleeber, you can see my lips move. But no, I agree you never said that, just using the same argument...fair?

gleeber
28-Jun-03, 09:25
I can see you guys are a bit purred up about my comments on poor Dennis and your right to rebuke me. Im sorry if i caused you any offence and along with the widows and mothers of the Belgrano crew and the thousands of miners who fought and struggled for their very existance in the 80s let me offer my condolances to the widow and family of Mr Thatcher. :(
On a brighter note Dennis was a hereditary baron owing to an honour bestowed on his wife after she got the heave from Downing Street. His son Mark may now be called Sir Mark Thatcher Bt. :D
KWi4
If you support apartheid in any shape or form just stop mumbling and move your lips. ;)

Anonymous
28-Jun-03, 10:13
I did not and do not support Appartheid in any way shape or form.

golach
28-Jun-03, 20:15
Gleeber,
the Belgrano was a legitimate target, if any grief should be shed it should be for the crews of HMS Sheffield, RFA Sir Galahad, the Atlantic Conveyor, who were all down there because the ould witch that was in power at the time needed some kind of gingoistic occurence to keep her in power.
As for Dennis I kind of admired the ould weapons dealer, so yes I am sad for his demise
Golach

jjc
28-Jun-03, 20:46
...the ould witch that was in power at the time needed some kind of gingoistic occurence to keep her in power.
You're absolutely right, Golach, the Falklands War was jingoism to the extreme...

What she (and the government) should have done was to ignore the Argentinean invasion of British soil and leave the population of the Falklands (few though they were) to either defend themselves or apply for new passports from their new government.

What was she thinking??? :roll:

gleeber
29-Jun-03, 08:51
Golach..... If yer trying to redirect my grief about the Belgrano, then can i suggest you take a long run of a short pier.
If im mistaken, then accepct my humble apoligies (again) and throw a lifebelt to jjc and KW14.
As for your fondness of the poor mannie Thatcher and your obvious pain at his demise. Itll pass Golach, time is a great healer. ;)

jjc
29-Jun-03, 09:46
Ohhh... Gleeber, Gleeber, Gleeber... :roll:

Come on...

Come over here and have a hug...

http://www.apcu29.dsl.pipex.com/smilies/hug.gif

Trust me, it'll make you feel a lot better than all this antagonistic drivel.

Anonymous
29-Jun-03, 10:07
No need to throw me a lifebelt Gleeber, I am fairly good in the water...especially this paddling pool ;)

golach
29-Jun-03, 12:59
Golach..... If yer trying to redirect my grief about the Belgrano, then can i suggest you take a long run of a short pier.
Gleeber :lol:
If I could find a short enough pier at Scrabster I would do as ye suggest........ but at my age I dinna have the puff anymore till run the lenght of even the shortest one at Scrabster these days.
From your obvious grief at the loss of the crew of the Belgrano a wee question....... do you eat Argentinian Corned beef these days...........because I dont, along with any French,Iranian, Tiwanese , and if I can help it Republic of China products its my own wee embargo......I know it wont make a big difference but it makes me feel better with myself
Golach

Anonymous
29-Jun-03, 18:28
Jist had a corned dog toastie Golach, although I think it was from Brazil.

Anonymous
30-Jun-03, 09:15
Here Golach, I just had a thought - are you one of these anti-globalisation protesters? I can see you would have a vested interest, otherwise how are you gonna know what to boycott?

jjc
30-Jun-03, 10:08
Ohhh... Gleeber, Gleeber, Gleeber... :roll:

Come on...

Come over here and have a hug...

http://www.apcu29.dsl.pipex.com/smilies/hug.gif

Trust me, it'll make you feel a lot better than all this antagonistic drivel.

Here Golach, I just had a thought - are you one of these anti-globalisation protesters? I can see you would have a vested interest, otherwise how are you gonna know what to boycott?

KW14, I think you might be in need of a hug too.... the antagonism seems to be going both ways!! So much testosterone flying around this messageboard at the moment. :eyes

Anonymous
30-Jun-03, 11:15
No need for the hug JJC, I am just antagonistic by nature :roll: Testosterone, is that the triangular swiss choclate that they sell in big bars at airports? Quite nice that testosterone :cool:

golach
30-Jun-03, 19:59
I can see you would have a vested interest, otherwise how are you gonna know what to boycott?
KW14
I dinna wear vests I wear a t shirt
Golach [lol]

Anonymous
01-Jul-03, 04:39
Hope you checked the label first Golach ;)