PDA

View Full Version : kindness

lizzie
17-Dec-05, 01:28
what is the nicest thing a complete stranger has done for you?

Fran
17-Dec-05, 02:47
Donated blood to enable me to have a blood transfusion. thank you to all blood donors.

angela5
17-Dec-05, 02:54
helped me get my handbag i lost in a shop i could not think what shop i set it down in, he went into all the shops searching. An act of thoughtfulness.

The Pepsi Challenge
17-Dec-05, 03:59
Saving my life.

EDDIE
17-Dec-05, 10:22
What it think is nice is when people leave pay and display car parks they give you there ticket rather than throwing it away and saves you money as a result of that happening to me i always give someone else my ticket once i have lefted and if no one going about i stick it on the pay display meter.

katarina
17-Dec-05, 11:30
I left my purse in a cafe while on holiday. I ran back, never expecting to see it again, and the complete stranger sitting at the same table said, 'Are you looking for a purse? I handed it to the staff.'
All my holiday money was in it. Good to see there are honest people in the world.

Fluff
17-Dec-05, 16:03
For me it would have to be a few years ago, our car skidded on the ice on the causeymire and went down a bit of a drop whilst rolling. It was rather scary and i went into shock.
Fortunitly there was a house on the other side of the road. The people came rushing out, helped my and my then boyfriend and took us into the house, kept us warm (it was end of november) until the ambulance came. They were so nice. We went back a week later and left a wee pressie and card at their door

figgy
21-Dec-05, 13:32
I was so relieved and grateful when a local woman I didn't know saw that I had left my handbag on the floor of a clothes shop a few years ago, and handed it in to Wick Police Station straight away. I went to her house to give her a card and say thank you. She could have chosen to be dishonest, but she didn't and it meant a great deal to me indeed.

Julia
21-Dec-05, 20:29
My daughter was carrying a wee parcel for me (something I'd sold on ebay) and she left it behind in a charity shop, anyhoo the shop could not find it, I then heard from the person who I'd sold it to to say it had arrived safely. It didn't even have any stamps on it, now that was a very kind deed!

fandango
21-Dec-05, 20:40
a complete stranger in Al-Anon told me that I was going to not only survive but actually recover and thrive. he kept up his message of hope for several weeks then disappeared from my life. Often think of that and silently thank him. everything he said was true.