PDA

View Full Version : Mid Life Crisis

ben1234
17-Dec-05, 00:28
Any advise please. What exactly is a mid life crisis and what are the "symptoms". Is any-one going through one at the moment or has experienced it?
At what age does it all start happening?
I feel a bit silly asking really, but a "friend" was wondering.

Rheghead
17-Dec-05, 00:33
How old is your friend?

ben1234
17-Dec-05, 00:35
Thirty five..is that too young, shes asking

EDDIE
17-Dec-05, 00:52
It can happen at anytime really but its usually between 40 and 60 years old.
It can either happen naturally or buy stress.I think the definition of midlife crisis can vary in symtoms but general its a combination of discontent with your life in what you have done or were its heading and questioning life in general.

mr bean
17-Dec-05, 01:08
My wife has a mid life crisis every day. lol

Rheghead
17-Dec-05, 01:13
Welll it all comes down to angels and maggot food, if we have achieved what we want to achieve then the mid-life crisis has no basis, if we haven't then that's another matter...have you wasted it?

ben1234
17-Dec-05, 01:40
Welll it all comes down to angels and maggot food, if we have achieved what we want to achieve then the mid-life crisis has no basis, if we haven't then that's another matter...have you wasted it?
Well, she hasn't achieved what she wants yet, but I dont think its far off.
When I told her mid life wasn't till you were forty to sixty she was delighted. I last saw her an hour ago doing somersaults all the way to the kareoke with her sixteen year old toyboy in tow,mini skirt up to the waist...
I have my doubts about the theory you have to be forty odds though!!
Goodness help any poor soul she meets in with tonight!!!

mr bean
17-Dec-05, 02:24
no i dinna,its just a crisis cleanin up efter ye
The only crisis is living with you. lol

mr bean
17-Dec-05, 02:31
Yeh you are an old tea wifee

angela5
17-Dec-05, 02:38
Well, she hasn't achieved what she wants yet, but I dont think its far off.
When I told her mid life wasn't till you were forty to sixty she was delighted. I last saw her an hour ago doing somersaults all the way to the kareoke with her sixteen year old toyboy in tow,mini skirt up to the waist...
I have my doubts about the theory you have to be forty odds though!!
Goodness help any poor soul she meets in with tonight!!!

Does'nt sound like a mid-life crisis, a touch of schizophrenia
with behaviour like that.

angela5
17-Dec-05, 03:36
'midlife crisis' is something that happens to many of us at some point during our lifes (usually, about 40 yrs old).

It is a natural process, a mormal part of 'maturing' it can sometimes feel very uncomfortable, and cause many to seek psychotherapy or counselling, or to make radical lifestyle changes that can be very damaging and are regretted later.

you might experience a wide range of feelings such as:

. discontent with life or the lifestyle that may have provided happiness for many years.

. boredom with things/people that have held great interest and dominated your life.

. feeling adventurous and wanting to do something different.

.questioning the meaning of life, and the validity of decisions clearly and easily made years before.

.confusion about who you are, or where your life is going.

from that i would say your friend with the mini is just feeling adventurous.

katarina
17-Dec-05, 11:33
I notice a couple of people have been suspended. does that mean they can't post anyomore? Yet they are?????

fed-ex
17-Dec-05, 13:15
I notice a couple of people have been suspended. does that mean they can't post anyomore? Yet they are?????No they,re not. They were suspended after the posts were made.