PDA

View Full Version : Flood Of Red Come to Thurso

zebedy
07-Aug-08, 21:03
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e97/Zebedy00/ScottishTour.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/floodofred - Flood of red, fresh off tour with HUNDRED REASONS and FROM AUTUMN TO ASHES and a sold out show with FUNERAL FOR A FRIEND.
Scotland's biggest and best screamo band are set to hit Thurso Skinandis.

With support from Two locals acts.

http://www.myspace.com/crimsontideuk - Crimson Tide, Their style has been described as ‘switching between soft-gentle acoustics, to brutal, just under control distortion, with haunting vocals’.

&

http://www.myspace.com/noexitwound - No Exit Wound - "What a bloody noise "

:)

Hope everyone can make this so we can get more bigger bands up to Thurso.

Metalattakk
08-Aug-08, 00:11
Ok, two questions:

1. What is a 'screamo' band?

2. If this is a 'bigger' band, why are they playing pubs and hotels in places like Arbroath (and Thurso for that matter)?

Deemac
08-Aug-08, 00:23
Yeh, I must be OLD (I AM old)!! - what's a "screamo band"?:)

Deemac
08-Aug-08, 00:27
Sorry for the previous post!! - I realise now the error of my ways . . . . ;)

It must be VERY loud, with a mainly young audience and about as much as far away musically from Miles Davis's "Kind of Blue" as its possible to get from!!!!!

So, I won't be going then.:~(

Jeid
08-Aug-08, 00:28
Come on Mr Metalattakk... use google ;)

FOR are a band that magazines like Kerrang and Rock Sound like I believe. They also have the same management as Franz Ferdinand, Kaiser Chiefs and a few up and coming bands.

They've played gigs with Funeral For A Friend and Rival Schools... both decent bands. They'll be heading out on tour with Enter Shikari in October (Shikari got the Best Live Band award from Kerrang in 2007) so aye... they're doing alright.

Screamo... well, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screamo

I'm actually away on holiday at the time, so I won't be attending. Shame... Nevermind, Poland will be awesome :)

loganbiffy
08-Aug-08, 01:20
Ok, two questions:

2. If this is a 'bigger' band, why are they playing pubs and hotels in places like Arbroath (and Thurso for that matter)?

In all fairness, what's wrong with playing in little pubs and clubs?
I love little gigs where there is only 100 to 200 people attending, especially when they go nuts.

The sound is also usually much better campared to stadium/arena gigs where the sound gets lost horribly due to wind etc.

Some of the best gigs i have been to have been in small clubs and pubs, and the bands also love playing them.

PartChimp
08-Aug-08, 01:26

Surely it doesn't matter where a band plays!?
Just because a band is 'bigger',that doesn't mean they can't play smaller or lesser known venues.

Take Biffy Clyro for instance,2 or 3 years ago i saw them play in the Firelounge in Orkney,and i think they played some random places like stornaway etc,they were on the verge of becoming a huge band then!

Also, I saw a certain band called Snow Patrol(they were called something else at the time but can't remember what) play in Skinandi's a few years ago now,didn't hurt their rep by playing a pub/nightclub in Thurso!

Excuse my rant,just back from pub lol!! :D

Metalattakk
08-Aug-08, 02:12
Surely it doesn't matter where a band plays!?
Just because a band is 'bigger',that doesn't mean they can't play smaller or lesser known venues.

Of course, but questions have to be raised when this 'big' band are behaving in a 'small' band manner.

Take Biffy Clyro for instance,2 or 3 years ago i saw them play in the Firelounge in Orkney,and i think they played some random places like stornaway etc,they were on the verge of becoming a huge band then!

And still, 2 or 3 years later, they are only on the verge of becoming a 'huge' band.

Also, I saw a certain band called Snow Patrol(they were called something else at the time but can't remember what) play in Skinandi's a few years ago now,didn't hurt their rep by playing a pub/nightclub in Thurso!

So much so, that they had to change their name (amongst other things) before they could make it 'big'. ;)

Excuse my rant,just back from pub lol!! :D

Pubs are great aren't they? :D

Metalattakk
08-Aug-08, 02:19
Come on Mr Metalattakk... use google ;)

Never!

FOR are a band that magazines like Kerrang and Rock Sound like I believe. They also have the same management as Franz Ferdinand, Kaiser Chiefs and a few up and coming bands.

They've played gigs with Funeral For A Friend and Rival Schools... both decent bands. They'll be heading out on tour with Enter Shikari in October (Shikari got the Best Live Band award from Kerrang in 2007) so aye... they're doing alright.

A bit too much mention of Kerrapp! there mate. I'd advise referencing better subject matter than that comic, to be honest.

Screamo... well, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screamo

So, it's a musical style that's all been done before, and better. Cheers Jeid. :lol:

I'm actually away on holiday at the time, so I won't be attending. Shame... Nevermind, Poland will be awesome :)

I'm sure Poland will concede the same about you... enjoy!

loganbiffy
08-Aug-08, 09:00
Of course, but questions have to be raised when this 'big' band are behaving in a 'small' band manner.

What exactly is a "small band manner?"

And still, 2 or 3 years later, they are only on the verge of becoming a 'huge' band.

Are you in a "huge band" and have played the likes of Wembley supporting Red Hot Chili Peppers and Muse?

So much so, that they had to change their name (amongst other things) before they could make it 'big'. ;)

Who actually cares about Snow Patrol?

Pubs are great aren't they? :D

Pubs can make for great gigs, as can clubs, we won't see you there then mate ;)

Metalattakk
08-Aug-08, 10:33
What exactly is a "small band manner?"

If you can't grasp that from my answer then I'm afraid I can't help you. I remember seeing 'Vic and the Rattleheads' playing Nottingham Rock City the night before they played Milton Keynes Bowl as 'Megadeth'. That was the action of a 'big' band.

Are you in a "huge band" and have played the likes of Wembley supporting Red Hot Chili Peppers and Muse?

No, are you? Being beneath Muse on any bill doesn't make you a 'huge' band.

Who actually cares about Snow Patrol?

PartChimp, obviously. Oh, and all those students who want to be seen as being 'individual' while they all listen to the same bands.

Pubs can make for great gigs, as can clubs, we won't see you there then mate ;)

I don't know. I'll have to do some research into them to see if it's something I'd appreciate. Do they embrace the whole theatrical thing or are they just fake poster-boys for the genre?

loganbiffy
08-Aug-08, 11:33
If you can't grasp that from my answer then I'm afraid I can't help you. I remember seeing 'Vic and the Rattleheads' playing Nottingham Rock City the night before they played Milton Keynes Bowl as 'Megadeth'. That was the action of a 'big' band.

So playing to small crowds that appreciate the music and actually listen seems daft to you, fair enough.
"Big Bands" that have forgotten what got them there in the first place and they completely ignore there fans, stadium/arena bands are all the same.

No, are you? Being beneath Muse on any bill doesn't make you a 'huge' band.

The fact is that Thurso doesn't get the opportunity to host many bands that have a big following very often and we should welcome it, if you don't like it, don't hijack the thread!

I would like to play beneath Muse that's for sure, i may not be that into their music but would you turn down a support slot?

PartChimp, obviously. Oh, and all those students who want to be seen as being 'individual' while they all listen to the same bands.

PartChimp doesn't care about Snow Patrol, I can assure you of that, he was using it as a reference.

I don't know. I'll have to do some research into them to see if it's something I'd appreciate. Do they embrace the whole theatrical thing or are they just fake poster-boys for the genre?

As i said above, if you don't like it, don't hijack it before you have even given them a chance, you just came on and dissed it because you haven't heard of them, they aren't big according to you because you haven't heard of them and they are playing Skinandi's!

Metalattakk
08-Aug-08, 12:09
they aren't big according to you because you haven't heard of them and they are playing Skinandi's!

Yep, that just about sums it up in a nut-shell. Cheers. :lol:

cmack
08-Aug-08, 12:33
Yep, that just about sums it up in a nut-shell. Cheers. :lol:

shut your dish.

please

zebedy
08-Aug-08, 13:22
Dissing " Our " genre because your own one has passed you by Metalattakk?

I usually take on board what alot of musicians post here on the org, That I know who don't talk crap!

But you having come into this post, I think is a total waste of time for your own sake and ours.

A man who's last gig that I recall seeing you at was playing rhythm Guitar for a band that I haven't heard of playing outside Thurso before.

And that fact of the matter was that You my fellow orger came to the gig with a guitar that didn't even bloody work. And you had borrow it from us!

As previously stated before by Cmack " Shut Your Dish! "

zebedy says - " Could this be a case of a small band pretending to be big? "

loganbiffy
08-Aug-08, 13:22
shut your dish.

please

Well said Cmack, I don't see why people have to hijack threads when they have nothing to contribute really!

Obviously MetalAttakk doesn't have anything better to do............

zebedy
08-Aug-08, 13:35
Well said Cmack, I don't see why people have to hijack threads when they have nothing to contribute really!

Obviously MetalAttakk doesn't have anything better to do............

zee;).......

Metalattakk
08-Aug-08, 14:23
shut your dish.

please

How about this: No. ;)

A man who's last gig that I recall seeing you at was playing rhythm Guitar for a band that I haven't heard of playing outside Thurso before.

And that fact of the matter was that You my fellow orger came to the gig with a guitar that didn't even bloody work. And you had borrow it from us!

Ah yes, I remember that, and a fine guitar it was. I also remember thanking the owner (and his band) publicly (well on here) for the lend. By the way, the guitar worked, but if I remember correctly I broke a string in the warm-up. Poor planning on my part of course.

zebedy says - " Could this be a case of a small band pretending to be big? "

I can't comment nowadays, but back then I would concur. Would certainly be difficult to argue against that theory.

Anyway, back to the point:

Are Flood Of Red a proper 'Screamo' band (as described on that wikipedia page) i.e., do the go in for the theatrics or not?

Goddammit, you'll have me looking them up on MySpace now. :(

:D

zebedy
08-Aug-08, 18:36
For those of you who don't use myspace.

here is a link to Flood Of Reds video for their most recent single " An Hour Away "

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kOPpXD4AQsc

Jeid
08-Aug-08, 19:31
I think people need to stop taking things so seriously...

zebedy
08-Aug-08, 20:12
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e97/Zebedy00/ChimpNoEvil.jpg

" I'm seriously serious about being serious! "

" SERIOUSLY! "

Chobbersjnr
08-Aug-08, 20:22
mwahahahaha

*seriously*

I'm with Jeid (how's life??)

Jeid
08-Aug-08, 21:14
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f38/ss_rUn_N_gUn/MANBEARPIG.jpg

zebedy
08-Aug-08, 22:02
http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/facepalm.gif

Chobbersjnr
08-Aug-08, 22:18
lmao.................seriously

Jeid
08-Aug-08, 22:22
http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/snacks.gif

goggs1987
09-Aug-08, 12:17
:lol:

half man ... half bear ... half pig!

Jeid
09-Aug-08, 19:49
Nobody believes me and I'm super cereal!

http://www.luckythreadz.com/large/images/man_bear_pig_large.gif

WeeRob
10-Aug-08, 22:05
Ok, two questions:

Viewfield Hotel in Arbroath is actually an established fixture on the gig circuit in Scotland - it mainly caters for a punk / metal crowd. Tayside is fairly strong for that market.

As for the rest of the dates.. Westie in Dundee - good venue, saw Kasabian play there.. PJs in Dunfermline... The Hive..

Those are small venues, yeah, but sometimes those are the best!

loganbiffy
11-Aug-08, 11:45
Viewfield Hotel in Arbroath is actually an established fixture on the gig circuit in Scotland - it mainly caters for a punk / metal crowd. Tayside is fairly strong for that market.

As for the rest of the dates.. Westie in Dundee - good venue, saw Kasabian play there.. PJs in Dunfermline... The Hive..

Those are small venues, yeah, but sometimes those are the best!

I agree Wee Rob, small gigs tend to have a better atmosphere and a better sound.
Hope to see you at the Skinandi's gig then! :D

Olin
11-Aug-08, 15:59
Few things:

a) Whasso Serius?
b) People take this forum far to Serious
c) If you don't like the music don't associate yourself with it by gettin involved in these little "squabbles"
d) Who is this Kmettal guy or whatever?
e) Cmack is a weiner lol

moncur
11-Aug-08, 17:12

Dude, its bad org etiquette to ask who somebody is on the org.

Jeid
11-Aug-08, 19:16
I'm sure that since this is a public forum... he can get involved in anything he wants really.

Metalattakk
11-Aug-08, 22:58

I am the sesquipedalian antithesis of the imbecilic masses. [lol]

BigKev
13-Aug-08, 12:44
I am the sesquipedalian antithesis of the imbecilic masses. [lol]

hes bored is what he is.

flood of red, brilliant, will look them up when i go home.

whos doing the sound for it, new, ct?, anybody?

Many years ago, In a small northern town, a crack commando sound man was sent to skinandis by a for a crime he didn't commit. This man has been stuck there ever since and is ignored by the the caithness underground music scene. Today, still totally unemployable by anybody, he survives as a hermit eating cheese from pizza boxes. If you have feedback problems, if no one else can plug in the drum trigger synth thingy, and if you can wake him up, maybe you can hire, eh. . . . .

The K-Team.

yeah im bored too. . . .

theboss
13-Aug-08, 14:41
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/acc59c9099.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

Metalattakk
13-Aug-08, 14:57
"I pity the foo' who turn his geetar amp too loud..."

theboss
13-Aug-08, 15:01
"I pity the foo' who turn his geetar amp too loud..."

"You gonna D.I. sucka!"

Chobbersjnr
13-Aug-08, 15:20
[lol]:lol: I just ended myself.........................awesome

"the K team"

BigKev
13-Aug-08, 17:03
ha ha!!

brilliant,

nice one boss!!

Will have to apply this one to the desktop i reckon, u send me a full size?

BigKev
13-Aug-08, 17:18
"Sing directly in the mic fool!"

and so forth. . . .

p.s. The K-Team has no affiliation whatsoever to Special-K

Jeid
13-Aug-08, 19:22
Haha... Brilliant!

I've felt the wrath of the K-Team on many occasions!

moncur
13-Aug-08, 19:47
I too hath felt the wrath of Mr K. He hates it when I Jibba-Jabba down the mic!

theboss
13-Aug-08, 21:08

Don't we all...

the_big_mac
13-Aug-08, 21:15

You left yourself wide open there min!

Jeid
14-Aug-08, 15:30
http://www.salagir.com/gfx/troll-web.jpg

BigKev
14-Aug-08, 22:58
pfft, in my vast musical experience i have not heard a more perfectly composed than floor of red, i for one am going to wear my sunday best and equip my golden headphones of mixing +3 for the event for it will truly go down in history as a night of true musical brilliance!

come all for the musical event of your lives!

hotrod4
18-Aug-08, 07:08
Got this from wickipedia:

Floor of red:
An amusing beat combo with sublime compositions that tug at the heart strings and tittilate the listener to a state of euphoria that can only be described as "organic".
The release of their first studio album-("you cant dance with my granny shes spoken for" on kismas records 2003) was regarded by hardcore fans as the ultimate musical sexperience and gave us the first single "hey man do you wanna frisk my granny" closely followed by a No1 hit (In the faroe Islands) "doo woop a doo doo bum bum bum yeah" which opened the band up to a larger audience.To date they have released 231 albums and are especially big in Caithness amongst the hardcore "nod yer head if your hairs long" set who have taken their swing combo/death metal/tractor tunes to a new level and have spurned many "tribute" bands including "door of red","floor of vomit"and the most famous "floor of slightly darker than pink but lighter than purple" who are rumoured to be some musicians from Caithness Org, but this has been strenously denied by Zebedee and jeid and Big Kev, which points the finger at Metalattak who couldnt be contacted at the time of press . ;)

BigKev
18-Aug-08, 13:24
Ill have you know that "flood of slightly darker than pink but lighter than purple" are currently rank 21345 in the i-tunes sales right now.

Tis an achievement that moncur should be very proud of!

Metalattakk
18-Aug-08, 14:29
Ill have you know that "flood of slightly darker than pink but lighter than purple" are currently rank 21345 in the i-tunes sales right now.

Tis an achievement that moncur should be very proud of!

Woo-Hoo! This time next year Rodders, we'll be Millionaires!

...but this has been strenously denied by Zebedee and jeid and Big Kev, which points the finger at Metalattak who couldnt be contacted at the time of press . ;)

*A-Hem*

My spokesperson should have released the following statement:

My client is in the position to neither confirm nor deny these scurrilous accusations. Nevertheless, please buy the songs from i-tunes. Do it now.

zebedy
18-Aug-08, 19:38
At last Metalattakk has a random to be on his side :)

I'm happy for you .... :confused:

http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/facepalm.gif

LOL

Chobbersjnr
18-Aug-08, 20:18
oo errr good luck for the gig & all

zebedy
18-Aug-08, 22:30
ara' best to you too chobbzzzzzz this friday :D

loganbiffy
21-Aug-08, 03:08
So the Flood is almost here............................

Let's see plenty and i mean PLENTY of you out for this as we have the potential to get more bands up here!

It's going to be a great night!!

loganbiffy
23-Aug-08, 09:14
WHAT A NIGHT...................................

Great turnout guys, cheers for coming!
See you again soon :)