PDA

View Full Version : Our Scallywag

arana negra
07-Aug-08, 19:55
This wee smasher was abandoned in the park opposite our house. The poor wee thing was so timid, scared of noise and feet. She was there 4/5 weeks before we took her in, had her checked out/chipped and injections done.

The day I found her with 3 catci spines in her eye, she won my heart. Since we have had her she has come on in leaps and bounds, the vet thinks she is amazing. We love her to bits the wee darling ... here she is about a month ago.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f247/1abroad/ScallyJuly1st2008.jpg

Liz
07-Aug-08, 20:30
Aaawww she is a wee sweetie!:D It breaks my heart that people can be cruel![mad]

Well done for rescuing her and making her so happy. She is one of the lucky ones.

teenybash
07-Aug-08, 21:09
What a darling little face and such a happy expression in her eyes.............a lucky little lady.
From the day she was born and all that she went through, was her journey to you................... your little forever friend. :eek:

arana negra
07-Aug-08, 22:27
Thanks to you both, she is indeed a wee survivor and has a great nature. :)

unicorn
07-Aug-08, 23:11
What a lovely wee dog :D

Margaret M.
08-Aug-08, 02:00
How could anyone abandon such a lovely wee thing? I'm so glad you rescued her.

arana negra
08-Aug-08, 07:52
We are bias, she is super but very under the weather today, after the tick removal at beginning if the week was doing fine Wednesday for good using leg again but yesterday she stopped using it again. We have checked and double checked her but she was not showing us anywhere that was sore. The places where she had the ticks are clean and pink and no sign of anything. But late last night and this morning is yelping occasionally when moving and holding the leg away out. It looks a bit swollen and maye a bit hot. My husband is calling the vet. I reckon she has an infection and needs vet attention. :~(

What more does the wee thing have to cope with I wonder, she is still wagging her tail when I speak to her :)

Liz
08-Aug-08, 12:28
Sorry to hear she is in pain and hope it is something quite simple which can be easily sorted.

It is a shame they can't tell us what's wrong.

Let us know how she gets on at the Vets.

arana negra
08-Aug-08, 16:25
Well been to vet, he had a good look at her and took xray which showed up nothing. Near the point where one tick was her leg is swollen and hot, he reckons she has knocked it or twisted it ( she is always sliding on the floor tiles)

He gave her an anti inflamatory injection and tablets for a week.

She has been snuggling at my feet :)

Liz
08-Aug-08, 20:22
So glad it is nothing serious and hope she makes a speedy recovery.

Have you thought of getting a magnetic therapy collar as this is really good for helping heal injuries?
The homeopathic remedy Arnica is good as well.

Give her a hug from Aunty Liz!:lol:

cuddlepop
08-Aug-08, 20:34
This wee smasher was abandoned in the park opposite our house. The poor wee thing was so timid, scared of noise and feet. She was there 4/5 weeks before we took her in, had her checked out/chipped and injections done.

The day I found her with 3 catci spines in her eye, she won my heart. Since we have had her she has come on in leaps and bounds, the vet thinks she is amazing. We love her to bits the wee darling ... here she is about a month ago.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f247/1abroad/ScallyJuly1st2008.jpg
what a wee cutie.how could anyone be cruel to her she's crying out to be loved.
Glad she's on the mend,she'll be your pall for life as she'll never forget your kindness.
Rescued dogs give so much back.:D

arana negra
08-Aug-08, 20:49
Liz I passed on your hug she loves being close and follows me around like a shadow some days :)

I will look out for that collar not sure what we can get here but might have time to find one in UK next weekend.

cuddlepop she is great wee friend, she gives so much already. She was beginning to enjoy play times before this event, I hope she recovers fully and we can continue helping her feel very secure and happy.

Liz
08-Aug-08, 20:54
Liz I passed on your hug she loves being close and follows me around like a shadow some days :)

I will look out for that collar not sure what we can get here but might have time to find one in UK next weekend.

cuddlepop she is great wee friend, she gives so much already. She was beginning to enjoy play times before this event, I hope she recovers fully and we can continue helping her feel very secure and happy.

You can get a really good collar with free delivery from here http://www.pets-megastore.com.au/ :D