PDA

View Full Version : Benjy in the garden

Liz
07-Aug-08, 18:11
Here is Benjy sniffing the flowers. Makes a change from 'watering' them!

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii274/Lizzybif/IMG_0250.jpg

munron
07-Aug-08, 18:18
Liz he looks really beautiful, lovely picture.

We had a miniture sheltie when I was a kid but she was a grumpy sow.

Liz
07-Aug-08, 18:21
Liz he looks really beautiful, lovely picture.

We had a miniture sheltie when I was a kid but she was a grumpy sow.

Cheers Munron.

He is a lovely wee character and he is my constant companion.

Our previous Sheltie, Timmy, was a gurny so and so but still loved him! He did have a heart problem though so this probably made him feel out of sorts.

teenybash
07-Aug-08, 21:12
Benjy looks like a little callander dog....no matter his pose he will always look a picture....geeorgeous!!:Razz

Liz
07-Aug-08, 22:40
Aaww thanks Teenybash.

It makes me so proud when someone says nice things about my darling boy.

He is spoilt rotten but I just love him to bits and could not imagine life without him. He makes me smile even when I don't want to!

wifie
07-Aug-08, 22:42
Aaaw Liz what a sweetie - beautiful coat! :)

Liz
07-Aug-08, 22:53
Thanks Wifie!:D

He is one of the nicest coloured Shelties we have had. His coat has been a lot better since I started giving him supplements which include essential fatty acids.

He hates being groomed so I have to feed carrots to him whilst my sister grooms him!

When does your house guest go home?

wifie
07-Aug-08, 23:21
He went home yesterday liz! :( He was that excited to see them he completely forgot to bark! Missin him tho!

Liz
07-Aug-08, 23:37
I know you will miss him.:( Sure he will be back to stay with you again sometime.

Margaret M.
08-Aug-08, 01:56
What a beauuuutiful dog! His coat looks so healthy.

arana negra
08-Aug-08, 07:54
What a lovely wee dog, he looks so healthy and happy.

cuddlepop
08-Aug-08, 11:10
He's a beauty and the gardens lovely Liz.

That pretty pink and white flower didnt come back this year in my garden.I thought it was an annual.:(

Liz
08-Aug-08, 12:23
Thanks everyone.:D He is a very happy wee dog. His tail wags from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.

Cuddlepop I'm not sure about the flower but will find out. We have a lot of annuals in the garden but are trying to get more perennials to save a lot of hassle although it is nice to have a change. Still a lot of plants to come out yet to fill all the gaps.

Should really have a fence around the border as Benjy wanders in amongst the flowers and often threw them! He even does his 'business' there sometimes.I swear he thinks he's a cat!!!:lol:

arat
08-Aug-08, 14:35
hes a lovelyl lookin dog.

arat
08-Aug-08, 14:37
hes a lovely looking dog

Liz
08-Aug-08, 14:45
Thanks Arat.

Cuddlepop I have discovered that the flower is an annual but we were lucky in that it came back up this year.

When we bought it the lady said it is an annual but sometimes they do grow again.

unicorn
08-Aug-08, 14:49
he is lovely Liz and the sweet williams will come back if sheltered, I have had 4 years out of mine.

Liz
08-Aug-08, 14:56
Thanks Unicorn.
We got a beautiful show from the Sweet Williams this year (first year)and they are quite sheltered so here's hoping for another 3 years of beautiful colour.

You obviously know your flowers so can you recommend some low growing hardy perennials for the border?
Sorry I know this is not the gardening forum but don't want to ask there as that would imply I am a gardener!lol

unicorn
08-Aug-08, 15:22
No I just tinker a bit Liz. I used to like alysum and mine came back a few years running but the white was hardier than the purple.

cuddlepop
08-Aug-08, 17:00
Thanks Arat.

Cuddlepop I have discovered that the flower is an annual but we were lucky in that it came back up this year.

When we bought it the lady said it is an annual but sometimes they do grow again.

Thanks Liz,there's so much in my garden its difficult to remember where everything is.
It was only when I saw your photo I remembered that lovely flower last year in the corner.:D