PDA

View Full Version : wick gala

phil_moonbeam
07-Aug-08, 13:18
bad crack i think doctor who tardis appearing in centre of castletown car park after wick gala on the sunday telling castletown no to enter a float next year , who was the mystery man and women who dropped it off ? maybe they should be the ones told not to come back to the gala as its the taking part that counts we dont want to end up like thurso gala 4 floats so people voice your opinion

rainbow
07-Aug-08, 14:09
Was there a note attached to the tardis saying 'don't come back to Wick', or is people drawing their own conclusions?
I was not on the Aliens float, but I think it was put to Castletown as a joke - in Wick people get high spirited during the Gala and actually Wickers can be humerous and like to have a laugh - so wheres your sense of humour!!
And as a PS I thought the Aliens float was the best float on the night! and I repeat I was not on the Aliens float - I was on another float.
I think phil_moonbeam is just stirring things up.

henry20
07-Aug-08, 15:34
I'm sure Wick don't want to discourage anyone from putting a float through. After all, the more popular the gala, the more money likely to be raised.

The tardis also appeared in Thurso on the gala night. I thought it was a fun additiion to the gala.

I believe there were 6 floats in Thurso, not 4.

Westsider3
07-Aug-08, 16:03
I really don't think that the appearance of the tardis in the carpork will stop anyone from putting a float into a Gala! The fun of making the float and the crack on the night along with adding to the community spirit will far outweigh it!! :lol:

It certainly caused quite a stir in the village though and was very kind of the 'mystery mand and woman'!! I'm sure it will make an appearance at a Gala next year!

Roll on Galas 2009!! :lol:

Cattach
07-Aug-08, 21:47
I'm sure Wick don't want to discourage anyone from putting a float through. After all, the more popular the gala, the more money likely to be raised.

The tardis also appeared in Thurso on the gala night. I thought it was a fun additiion to the gala.

I believe there were 6 floats in Thurso, not 4.

Oh dear, that many! And none from Thurso or is that incorrect too?

chamb
07-Aug-08, 22:15
The tardis arrived in thurso on saturday afternoon, dropped off by 3 blokes in a silver pick up with a trailler attached.

P.s There was 6 Floats in thurso Gala

MileHigh
07-Aug-08, 22:42
well i was at Thurso gala and i counted 5 and 4 of them were'nt even from Thurso.
unless you count that car and trailer as a float in which case that would make 6

phil_moonbeam
08-Aug-08, 07:48
yes i am lead to believe there was a note to the afect attached to the tardis telling castletown not to come back to wick , thats why i posted this as i felt that was bad crack

Thumper
08-Aug-08, 10:59
The only "note" attached to it was the one that was supposed to be there saying that it was for police use not public use(just like the one in Dr Who) It was taken up (as far as i know) in fun and was also taken in fun x