PDA

View Full Version : help needed

purplelady
06-Aug-08, 20:55
need someone who has a van or trailer to move some household rubbish for me mainly cardboard will pay for fuel and time pls pm if you can help ho and i stay in wick

poppett
09-Aug-08, 22:04
Would the council not uplift it for you if you flattened it into one or two larger boxes or tied some up with string? As far as I know they will collect five extra items each week on their "extra uplift" day. I disposed of my boxes when I moved house that way and it was no problem.

scorrie
10-Aug-08, 00:50
As far as I know they will collect five extra items each week on their "extra uplift" day.

That service was removed around about the start of July. No extra black bags can be put out with your wheelie bin now but you can still have bulky items uplifted by request.

poppett
10-Aug-08, 18:12
I know the Council do not take any extra black bags anymore. I had two large crisp boxes with cut down smaller boxes in and three bundles of larger flattened cardboard tied with string and they collected them as a "bulky uplift of up to five items" no problem.

Also got rid of old carpets and underlay which had been left by previous tenants the same way.

joxville
10-Aug-08, 18:14
Also got rid of old carpets and underlay which had been left by previous tenants the same way.

Will they take away bodies in a rolled up carpet? I'm planning a private job soon.[lol]