PDA

View Full Version : There's this thread in the music forum

veekay
06-Aug-08, 19:38
it is called memory lane and is going on about groups and bands locally. Now as I have nothing better to do at the moment I got to thinking is there a tune or a song that takes you back to a time long ago and makes you smile or redden or cry perhaps. I know I have several memory jerkers and they take me right back one being that dreadful song build me up buttercup, it was played constantly at my first ever saturday job work place.

Kenn
06-Aug-08, 20:06
" Poetry in motion," always takes me back to my teens.

northener
06-Aug-08, 20:09
'Telephone Line' by ELO. 1976-ish.........ahhh...true love....she dumped me.

'You're Just Too Good To Be True'..........out with some of the crew off 'Sheffield and 'Coventry' singing this at the tops of our voices, playing pool and drinking in 'The Hole in The Wall' Bar in Gibraltar back in April 1982.....not knowing what the immediate future had in store for us....eerie, as looking back, it was like a re-enactment of the bar scene from 'The Deerhunter'.

'Tubthumper' by Chumbawumba....was singing this when doing a very large C17th battle re-enactment at Castle Howard in the mid-nineties - we were getting trampled to death by a huge mass of armoured Royalist Pikemen. Brilliant fun.

Anne x
06-Aug-08, 20:37
Young free and single home to my local dance spot for the weekend and dancing madly to Rod Stewart and Maggie May with my best pal Maggie

golach
06-Aug-08, 21:12
" Poetry in motion," always takes me back to my teens.
Lizz, thats Mrs G and I's fave song and his other one "Good Timing" :D

melt
06-Aug-08, 21:30
Dead or Alive's You Spin Me and King's Love and Pride always take me back to when I first starting clubbing in the 80's. These two tunes were always played back to back and were a right floor filler.

Also remember watching Top of the Pops and seeing The Smiths for the first time singing Shiela Take a Bow, this song sent me on a Morrisey phase that lasted for quite a number of years.

Oh the good times!!!

Welcomefamily
07-Aug-08, 08:55
Difficult one early 70s, Gilbert O Sullivan, Clair, Slade, cos I love so, or the Wurzels Combine Harvester

hotrod4
07-Aug-08, 15:58
Most memorable tune for me was "Bad" by U2 at Live aid. First time I really paid attention to their music and its such an emotional song at such an emotional event, still makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck now!