PDA

View Full Version : What is the best cat litter.

teenybash
05-Aug-08, 23:49
I have cats....I have always had cats so this is quite an odd question for me to ask....What is the best cat litter to reduce odour as one is very offended if the tray has been used by the other. This results in one of my beauties leaving a Ploop on the floor!!
Anyone got any suggestions, apart from me standing gaurd, pooper scooper in hand...................;)

KCI
06-Aug-08, 08:33
Our cats are extremely fussy, and they will only use the wood pellet cat litter. We have tried other cat litter, but the attitude from them was just not worth it!
We have to use 2 cat litter trays, side by side, as they won't use the tray if it has already been used. That's fine if we are at home, as they get cleaned out straight away, but if we were out for a while, that could be a problem!

Liz
06-Aug-08, 12:50
I have tried loads of cat litter (well not personally!:eek:) and the one which I found to be best is Oko Plus which you can get at Pets At Home or www.zooplus.co.uk

It seems expensive at first but it is a wood based clumping litter so you only remove the 'solids' and then fill up the littery tray as the level goes down.
We only clean the litter out completely once a month so very economical.

There is no smell at all (apart from the poos!) and it is biodegradable.

Sapphire2803
06-Aug-08, 13:08
I recently discovered Pets at home "Ultra clumping" cat litter. It's fantastic for all the same reasons Liz gave for the litter she uses.

Yes it's more expensive, but I think it's much more economical and much more pleasant. :)

teenybash
06-Aug-08, 14:38
Thanks folks.....the litter hunt is on. I quite like the sound of the oko as it is biodegradable, so I can compost.
Thank you :Razz

Dadie
06-Aug-08, 19:11
you shouldnt put the cat poo in the compost bin though!

justine
06-Aug-08, 20:26
I will always swear by the pine pellets..Not only are they good for cats but also for any indoor animal that is in a cage. Rabbits, g-pigs,mice,hamster. where they tend to go to the toilet put a layer under the normal sawdust and it helps reduce any smell of urine..;)

teenybash
06-Aug-08, 22:25
you shouldnt put the cat poo in the compost bin though!

I burn the poo................:confused

Rie
06-Aug-08, 22:44
wood pelets i find are the best litter, low on smell and easy to clean.