PDA

View Full Version : Standard Grade results

dragonfly
05-Aug-08, 15:03
well thats the results out today and I am one extremely proud Mum :D

Well done darling, I'm that proud I'm about to burst!!!

hope there are lots of other mum's & dad's equally as proud today (and everyday of course!!)

Bobinovich
05-Aug-08, 15:26
Ah but do the results make up for untidy bedrooms [lol]???

dragonfly
05-Aug-08, 15:28
More than!! she can leave it messy for at least a week before I start on at her again :lol:

Anne x
05-Aug-08, 15:32
Great News I new she would do it !!
So untidy bedroom and carpet burn all forgiven now
love from us
Anne x

sweetpea
06-Aug-08, 00:27
Did she get the grades she needs to leave home? or at least enough not to have to sit the highers?

dragonfly
06-Aug-08, 08:09
she got 1's & 2's and a 3 for art so its enough to keep her at school for her highers :D

dirdyweeker
06-Aug-08, 13:26
Well done to your daughter......and well done to all those who received their results yesterday. Well done if they were not what you expected too.....at least you tried and maybe it will make you more determined to improve if needed.

rfr10
06-Aug-08, 15:11
Well I was disappointed with my higher results in a way but I did actually think I was going to fail all my exams as I did tend to put more work into out of school things than revision for exams. Thankfully I didn't fail them all though. I'll just have to try extra hard this year and cut down on some of the out of school things to get the three B's I need for uni.

Well done to everyone who got what they wanted.

BRIE
07-Aug-08, 21:58
im a very proud mummy too. my son sat his highers & achieved 2 A's & a C. he was a little disappointed with the C but he did his best thats all that matters!!:D

Max
10-Aug-08, 20:58
Me too - I'm so proud of my daughter who told me she had failed her highers and would make up for it in 6th year. Poor results in her higher prelims. She got two A's and a B. Her self esteem has hit a new high and she is well on track to doing what she wants to do at Uni. She is a wee star!

Kevin Milkins
10-Aug-08, 22:19
I am a very proud grandad too, My grandaughter caught her first crab tonight.:Razz

trix
10-Aug-08, 22:23
i got a letter on friday sayin am goin til graduate next month - fair delited wi masel :D

Kevin Milkins
10-Aug-08, 22:30
i got a letter on friday sayin am goin til graduate next month - fair delited wi masel :D
Well done trix.
Party on ?

Welcomefamily
10-Aug-08, 22:37
My son got a B and 3 Cs in his highers to add to 2 As and a C last year so enough to get his first choice Uni place, he was disappointed but I was pleased.
The next one down got three 1s (Maths, Physics and Chemistry)and five 2s and now starts his highers. :Razz

trix
10-Aug-08, 22:58
Well done trix.
Party on ?

indeed kev ;)