PDA

View Full Version : Ice cream makers?

KCI
05-Aug-08, 11:53
Does anyone here own or use an ice cream maker? Are they any good?
I am dying for an ice cream cone with banana ice cream and lime ice cream, but nowhere sells that type around here! I remember years ago, that Cabrelli's used to sell double cones, and had banana and lime ice cream - lovely!
So, thought I might be better to make my own. I'll wait and see if anyone has any experience of making their own ice cream! :)

Gadgie
07-Aug-08, 09:31
I saw this on one of the shopping channels recently. Looks good, (doesn't it always) but I can't vouch for the actual results. http://www.jmldirect.com/currency/GBP/Flavour-Factory-PF3657 (http://www.jmldirect.com/currency/GBP/Flavour-Factory-PF3657/)

henry20
07-Aug-08, 14:58
I have half of an ice cream maker!! I wanted one as a teenager so my sister bought me one for my birthday. I was delighted, BUT it was one where you had to freeze the bowl bit. (I lost the bowl - its definitely not lurking in freezer) I always found it too cold and the ice cream froze so quickly that the paddle couldn't rotate! :roll: I'd love another one, but this time it would be one that freezes as it rotates. Husband will kill me though as I have almost every kitchen gadget under the sun! :eek:

Bad Manners
07-Aug-08, 16:59
there are many ice cream makers on the market and we have had a few
ice cream is one of our best deserts.
All the makers that require freezing the bowl or the flask are not that good
they work but not that well the one we have now doesnt require any pre freezing and can make ice cream or sorbet all day long it is a little more expensive than the pre freeze models but the quality of the ice cream is brilliant.
i'm just going to have to make more might be strawberry i'll use rest of this years crop

Buttercup
09-Aug-08, 22:27
I've had a Phillips Delizo one for a good few years and its great. The only hassle is finding enough room in the freezer for the bowl. The ice cream is ready in about 30 minutes. Wouldn't be without it.

KCI
10-Aug-08, 10:18
Thanks for the advice, everyone.

I'm going to drop a few hints to my hubby, and see if he'll surprise me with one! :lol:

Bobinovich
10-Aug-08, 11:06
LOL Good luck with that KCI! Don't you know that hints don't work with us men - we need a breeze block, bashed over our head repeatedly, to make any impact :lol:

KCI
10-Aug-08, 11:34
LOL Good luck with that KCI! Don't you know that hints don't work with us men - we need a breeze block, bashed over our head repeatedly, to make any impact :lol:

LOL!
I know, but I live in eternal hope! I've spent the last 16 years or so training him, so it's bound to happen at some point..........isn't it? :lol: