PDA

View Full Version : Tinned vs Dried Food

rob16d
05-Aug-08, 09:37
Is it better to feed your cats tinned food or dried food? My two certainly seem to prefer tinned food, but was not sure if one was healthier than the other or what?

teenybash
05-Aug-08, 11:33
I have two cats who for the most part are fed dry food, with water available at all times. They are given cat meat as a treat...they are both happy and healthy..................
I know feeding dry can cause problems as it is important they have sufficient water...........:)

Liz
05-Aug-08, 12:13
I feed a combination of both. The dried food is available all the time and I give tinned a few times a day.:D

If your cats prefer tinned then there is no need to give them dried food.

Kathy@watten
05-Aug-08, 12:29
Our cat is only 10 weeks old but we feed a mix of both dry and wet food , find the litter tray is more pleasant to muck out when she has had predominantly dry food as the poops are a bit more solid! she however loves pouches so gets one a day mixed in with dry food and has both cat milk and water at all times and seems to be growing and developing well. I daresay so long as you feed right amounts and have water available whatever food works best for you. Have found that the wet food does bring the bluebottles in a bit so only give dry food during daylight hours to avoid this!

rob16d
05-Aug-08, 13:03
I have to say I prefer the concept of dried food. I'm sick of putting leftover tinned food in bin because they've not eaten it!

Is it true that dried food makes for an easily cleaned litter tray?

Kathy@watten
06-Aug-08, 15:46
IMO dry cat food is the way to avoid the ...excuse me....squitty poops....you know the one that are so quick they miss the tray or are noxious and honky to remove and then you have to change the whole tray and fumigate the room also.....I know this as when our cat endulges on cat food from a tin or pouch she gets a bit quick in this dept! I know what poops I would rather tidy up!

Phoenix200416
06-Aug-08, 16:08
IMO dry cat food is the way to avoid the ...excuse me....squitty poops....you know the one that are so quick they miss the tray or are noxious and honky to remove and then you have to change the whole tray and fumigate the room also.....I know this as when our cat endulges on cat food from a tin or pouch she gets a bit quick in this dept! I know what poops I would rather tidy up!

LOL! I couldn't have put that better myself! I also feed only dry food. Cats didn't take to having wet food and I was also sick of throwing it away barely eaten. They also supplement their diet with the odd mice or two.

teenybash
06-Aug-08, 16:51
I have to say I prefer the concept of dried food. I'm sick of putting leftover tinned food in bin because they've not eaten it!

Is it true that dried food makes for an easily cleaned litter tray?

http://forum.caithness.org/forum.caithness.org Even the prettiest feline can stink like a rot[lol]ten egg with tinned stuff....dry for sure................