PDA

View Full Version : thunder in the glen

alcyjohn
04-Aug-08, 17:03
just a wee thread to see if there are many locals planning on thunder in the glen this year

arana negra
04-Aug-08, 18:04
Am no local and I didnae ride a Harley BUT I do sit pillion on Thruimph Sprint st , would love to go on some ride outs etc. Hope you all have a great time. Bet Aviemore has changed since I visited it !

emszxr
04-Aug-08, 18:37
when is it.

arana negra
04-Aug-08, 20:00
Harley Davidson -Thunder in the Glen

Thunder in the Glens returns to Aviemore for 2008, bigger and better than ever. Throw on your leathers and jump on your Harley for Scotland's favourite Harley Davidson festival. Superb scenery, the fabulous ride here, excellent hospitality and lots to do and see. Don't miss the mass rideout on the Saturday when over 2,000 Harleys take to the street and head for the picturesque Strathspey town, Grantown-on-Spey. Bike show, Chapter games, trade stalls and all the usual fun and frolics will be going on.

Start Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008
End Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008
Town: Aviemore & Grantown-on-Spey
Price: n/a

alcyjohn
05-Aug-08, 10:05
there seems to have been a lot of visits but no replys was just a general query to see if there was many local people going im travel down on the friday with a few friends on our bikes and hopefully it will be a great weekend. None of us have harleys but it looks like a great a rally to go and have a laugh at

arana negra
05-Aug-08, 12:22
there seems to have been a lot of visits but no replys

A few replies but I do wonder why so many folks look but make no comment ? surely you could find something (nice) to say on most threads.

Sites need input AND replies to keep it moving.

waresboy
09-Aug-08, 05:08
Am no local and I didnae ride a Harley BUT I do sit pillion on Thruimph Sprint st , would love to go on some ride outs etc. Hope you all have a great time. Bet Aviemore has changed since I visited it !
i stay in aviemore,and if you have been in the last 4-5 years it hasnt changed

arana negra
09-Aug-08, 08:51
i stay in aviemore,and if you have been in the last 4-5 years it hasnt changed

Might just have been about that many years since last visit, it is still full of tourists at times ?

Torvaig
09-Aug-08, 09:03
A few replies but I do wonder why so many folks look but make no comment ? surely you could find something (nice) to say on most threads.

Sites need input AND replies to keep it moving.

Mmm, excuse me, but why should anyone who looks at a thread feel obliged to post? I personally looked in because I was interested to see what "Thunder in the glen" was about but didn't feel moved to post until I saw the suggestion that we should reply on every thread we read.

I don't read many of the threads, only the ones that take my interest by the heading and I know that others do the same. The day that it is made compulsory to contribute to a thread after reading it, is the day I give up.....and will also be the day the org goes up in a puff of smoke through lack of bandwidth! :lol:

(Note the smiley to denote this is a nice post; I like nice!)

Dog-eared
09-Aug-08, 09:11
Why do Hardly Ableson riders buy a Harley to be different then dress themselves and their bikes to look exactly like every other Harley rider ?
And why do they look so miserable ? :lol:

arana negra
09-Aug-08, 09:49
Mmm, excuse me, but why should anyone who looks at a thread feel obliged to post? I personally looked in because I was interested to see what "Thunder in the glen" was about but didn't feel moved to post until I saw the suggestion that we should reply on every thread we read.

I don't read many of the threads, only the ones that take my interest by the heading and I know that others do the same. The day that it is made compulsory to contribute to a thread after reading it, is the day I give up.....and will also be the day the org goes up in a puff of smoke through lack of bandwidth! :lol:

(Note the smiley to denote this is a nice post; I like nice!)

Well pardon me as a newbie to the site for making my comment but it got you to reply :lol:

It was said after looking around many sites and wondering why it is only a few people that keep them going by keeping posting even when they get 100's of views but no one replies. Personally I would give up unless of course it was my site and I was trying to make it work somehow.

As a new person on any site it does not seem very friendly when no one replies to you. Been there and don't much care anymore but do feel for others who may still believe they will get a response. In no way did I suggest that folks should feel 'obliged' to respond and everyone has their own reasons for joining a site, but if you are not going to take part and many don't, the site becomes so lsow moving, stale, holds no interest personally I cannot see the point of joining unless there are other areas not the forums that draw you in.

Site can deal the bandwidth issue if they wish too by not keeping all dead
threads.

I will smile back at you because I am scottish and friendly :D

Torvaig
09-Aug-08, 11:52
Ok I replied; you got me :~(

Sorry if I upset you but I'm having a bad day and although most of the time I am nice, I took umbrage at being told to post after looking at a thread. I will now go and stand out in the rain, beat myself with the sticky willow that keeps invading my garden and I would cover myself in ashes and sackcloth but I don't have an open fire and I'm already wearing the sackcloth; it's my best outfit!:lol:

All the best arana negra and I hope you have a nice weekend...slainthe!

arana negra
09-Aug-08, 12:27
Ok I replied; you got me :~(

Sorry if I upset you but I'm having a bad day and although most of the time I am nice, I took umbrage at being told to post after looking at a thread. I will now go and stand out in the rain, beat myself with the sticky willow that keeps invading my garden and I would cover myself in ashes and sackcloth but I don't have an open fire and I'm already wearing the sackcloth; it's my best outfit !

All the best arana negra and I hope you have a nice weekend...slainthe!

OH no don't take umbrage I am sure there is a law against it :lol: Sack cloth and ashes is going a BIT far also , but would you go stand in the rain and come back and remind me what scottish rain feels like please. Honestly you did not upset me thanks for good wishes and the same to you :D

Torvaig
09-Aug-08, 12:33
Scottish rain feels very nice actually, especially when you are clad for it as I usually am! Must admit I am not one for really hot weather; prefer warm and fresh and am planning a holiday in Iceland if I ever get my wee house sold!

arana negra
09-Aug-08, 12:44
Scottish rain feels very nice actually, especially when you are clad for it as I usually am! Must admit I am not one for really hot weather; prefer warm and fresh and am planning a holiday in Iceland if I ever get my wee house sold!

I know it does but it is a long time since I felt it on my skin ( not counting the soaking we got on motor bike trip back to Scotland) clad for it hmm no comment winks :D

Iceland !! I nearly went there once but they cancelled the trip due to lack of numbers :-(

Kevin Milkins
09-Aug-08, 12:54
Why do Hardly Ableson riders buy a Harley to be different then dress themselves and their bikes to look exactly like every other Harley rider ?
And why do they look so miserable ? :lol:

If you have rode an Harley you would know why the riders looked miserable.
I tried one out 5 years ago with a veiw to buying an upright cruiser type bike and it was not a comfortable ride at all.
I ended up buying a Suzuki Valousia instead.
Had I bought an Harley at twice the price I may have had a long face.:D

alcyjohn
10-Aug-08, 13:32
i dont ride a harley i have a yamaha xv1100 virago wich is comfortable so i always ride looking happy im going to thunder in the glen as i have heard its a great rally to go to there is alot of stalls,custom bike show,mass ride out and live entertainment each night so this gets me back to my origanal thread that most of you have paid no atention to is there many other people that use this site planning to attend thunder n the glen

dan67
10-Aug-08, 18:17
picture of Harley Davidson at Thunder in the Glen taken a few year

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg294/dan67/DSCF0023-1-1.jpg

alcyjohn
10-Aug-08, 18:21
thanks for the pic dan very nice custom harley

Kevin Milkins
10-Aug-08, 18:50
I also tried out a 1100 Virago, before I bought the Suzuki. Quick as you like in a straight line but it tightened my arse up a bit going round a bend.
The answear to the question ,will I be going to the bikers bash? is proberbly not although we did stop off in Avimore a couple of years ago for somthing to eat and by chance the bash was in full swing. It was some spectacle. Good luck and enjoy.

alcyjohn
10-Aug-08, 22:52
yes i agree it takes some effort getting round a corner at speed mate but ive got used to it