PDA

View Full Version : Post and Area

Bloo
03-Aug-08, 23:45
For people in Thurso. What time do you get your post and where abouts do you live in thurso? E.g, Springpark, Mount Vernon, Ormlie etc.

unicorn
04-Aug-08, 00:08
Springpark between 11 and 4 depends on postie and junk mail

ks
04-Aug-08, 10:35
For people in Thurso. What time do you get your post and where abouts do you live in thurso? E.g, Springpark, Mount Vernon, Ormlie etc.

Pennyland, it is normally about 1ish.

Mr P Cannop
04-Aug-08, 12:08
spring park area 11.40 - 12 pm

Buttercup
04-Aug-08, 15:48
Why do you want to know? :confused

crashbandicoot1979
04-Aug-08, 15:52
Mount Vernon, we get it about 12.30-ish but again, depends on the postie

Bloo
04-Aug-08, 16:05
Why do you want to know? :confused
i want to know because lately mine has been quite late.

gollach
04-Aug-08, 18:44
Doon 'e street. about 11 - 11.15 normally

Buttercup
05-Aug-08, 00:24
i want to know because lately mine has been quite late.
Thanks for answering my question. Where do you live and what do you call late? Can only tell you mine is delivered sometime between 9am and 5.30pm as it's there when I return from work.

Bloo
05-Aug-08, 00:34
Thanks for answering my question. Where do you live and what do you call late? Can only tell you mine is delivered sometime between 9am and 5.30pm as it's there when I return from work.
I usually got it about 11. lately its been 3 or 4 in the afternoon and ive been expecting a letter for several days now, sadly it has still not come :(

sandyr
05-Aug-08, 18:12
Hi,
Have just been reading posts about Post Office Service...............If you live where I live in Southern Ontario, you are fortunate if you get service more than 3/4 days a week. Nothing on Sat or Sun and usually neither for the Mon or the Fri. But do we really want service every day. Most of our our deliveries consist of bills and junk mail....
I found in Caithness it was usually 6 days a week and delivered to the door! Wow what a treat. Ours is now delivered to a communal set of boxes several blocks away......This was enacted due to the costs associated with the door to door delivery.
Even in rural areas this is the situation.. On reading the Post Office news releases, maybe one day you will be the same.
Just a thought!............s

poppett
05-Aug-08, 18:36
Personally I haven`t seen the postie since Thursday of last week. Most upsetting as I am waiting for a refund cheque which should have been delivered on Thursday.

Kathy@watten
05-Aug-08, 20:34
Am in same post zone as Buttercup and our post delivery varies as per who is postie that day and who he finds for a news along the way! Keeps it personal for the old folks it's sometimes the only person they may see in a day and the first to notice if things are amiss, our postie also picks up our outgoing post so really handy!

crashbandicoot1979
06-Aug-08, 15:08
Think Thurso posties are short staffed just now, some of them seem to have to cover other deliveries when their main delivery is done so this will probably make the post quite late.