PDA

View Full Version : Lets invent a bog seat

Kevin Milkins
03-Aug-08, 23:40
I have yet to see a toilet seat that meets with all my requirments.
They are most unhigenic,often not very strong and come loose.
I seem to be changing the loo seat more often than I would like to as a hinge breaks or they work loose very easy.
As most loos are in the bathroom I would like to see a design that is a moulded close fit to the pan shape and does not need to be fixed so when you have a bath you can drop the loo seat in the bath and give the pan a good clean while the seat is having a soak.
I am looking for some input, if you can excuse the punn.lol

joxville
04-Aug-08, 01:09
Try here Kevin: http://www.bathroomexpress.co.uk/acatalog/04_novelty_toilet_seats.html

It's all I could find, hope it's enough for you to go on lol (pun intended)

wifie
04-Aug-08, 01:19
We have the cheapest most horrible loo seats in the world in this new build we live in! We put in a new loo in our last house and I can recommend the seat we bought for it. I was from William Wilson. I must be the only person in Perth who drives past there coveting bog seats! I will replace them very soon - just have to get round to it! :)

hotrod4
04-Aug-08, 07:05
I seem to be changing the loo seat more often than I would like to as a hinge breaks or they work loose very easy.
As most loos are in the bathroom I would like to see a design that is a moulded close fit to the pan shape and does not need to be fixed so when you have a bath you can drop the loo seat in the bath and give the pan a good clean while the seat is having a soak.

Thank god, i thought I was the only one who had this "problem" !
I am constantly buying new seats as the hinges always work slack. I have tried the "leaving the seat up" to try and rectify the problem but with 2 females in the house the evil stares are just too much! ;)
It does seem that they dont last long, I thought it was due to the fact that i spend more than a penny at the toilet, as I always read when I am there, but no I am not the only one!!

there is hope for us "bog seat breakers", will check out the links and see if a scientific solution can be found!

good luck on your quest kevin, may the force be with you!!

Welcomefamily
04-Aug-08, 10:10
They dont make toilet seats like they use to.

justine
04-Aug-08, 10:50
As i dont spend too much time on the toilet contemplating the seat it really makes no difference what it feels like:eek:
. Although i do like to have a nice cover..:confused

teenybash
04-Aug-08, 11:05
Not being a 'bog seat breaker' I still have the wooden one fitted donkeys years ago.
I would like to see one that was self cleaning...a job I hate but, a necessary evil I fear. :confused

Kathy@watten
04-Aug-08, 11:58
Yes the humble toilet seat is for us also an almost disposable item in the bathroom...suspect the two lively male users are somewhat rough in lifting it and putting it back down and what with climbing on loo to reach windows etc our loo seat is lucky to see a year out! I have tried seats ranging in price from the really basic £&.99 to a whopping £45 but all last the same and do the same job so now spend about £&/£15 on a seat when it gets chipped, split or just goes all warped! A small cost to have wee boys trained to put seat up and down after use...I am training them now so they will be half decent hubbies one day!!!:D

Margaret M.
04-Aug-08, 14:44
It should be redesigned so that the seat and commode are one piece, the rim of the commode should be molded to make a comfy seat. There will be no seat to lift up and down and no hinge areas to trap that unidentified yuck that gets under there. A new law will be passed that will require every male child to attend a "Dealing with Dribbles before Exiting the Loo" class. The class will focus on the spritz and wipe technique. Remedial dribble-wiping classes will be offered for all ages.

Sapphire2803
04-Aug-08, 14:47
It should be redesigned so that the seat and commode are one piece, the rim of the commode should be molded to make a comfy seat. There will be no seat to lift up and down and no hinge areas to trap that unidentified yuck that gets under there. A new law will be passed that will require every male child to attend a "Dealing with Dribbles before Exiting the Loo" class. The class will focus on the spritz and wipe technique. Remedial dribble-wiping classes will be offered for all ages.

If you think you can make this law, I'll vote for you :)

poppett
04-Aug-08, 15:11
Before fitting a standard loo seat we put a penny spring washer onto the fittings and it keeps the seat in place.

Learned that one in a residential care home many years ago where we had previously been lucky for the toilet seats to last a couple of months. Was back visiting a few weeks ago and was delighted to see a seat I had put on that way is still going strong, ten years down the line, with four residents and many staff using it every day.

northener
04-Aug-08, 15:13
I spend a fair amount of time on the bog, this is probably why I break the seats on a regular basis......

I have listened to the usual female whinges about 'dribbling' and 'seats up not down' and frankly, it doesn't wash with me. A bit like the bog seat - i don't wash that either.

Wimmin should be given a simple latrine out in a field somewhere, they do not appreciate the finer points of actually having somewhere in the house that is safe from hoovers/squawking brats/ televisual serialised 'real life' entertainments and "when are you going to..." comments.

Gentlemens ablution machinery should be reclining, heated, have full surround sound audio capability (with built in MP3). Have a large library of suitable gentlemans' reading materiel (Razzle, any bike mag and Stoat Racing Monthly are always popular).

There should be a drinks facility within reach and also some way of heating pies. A young Philipino maid would be nice and preferably the whole room should have panoramic views of a nearby Nudist Convent.

Go on...find fault with that...you wimmin....pah.[disgust]

Sapphire2803
04-Aug-08, 16:33
A reclining loo? Have you really thought about this?

Ok, ok... You want a reclining loo, you go right ahead.

That panoramic view... It is through one way glass, right?

Invisible
04-Aug-08, 16:57

Interesting thread but personally I think commenting on toilet seats says you have too much time on your hands. Think of how it used to be back in the day with just a hole on a box. Yeah you have a point i have noticed toilet seats either to be weeet or looose.