PDA

View Full Version : Natural christmas trees

nibis
15-Dec-05, 15:18
Hi, I would like to know where I could buy natural christmas trees. Thanks.

AR
15-Dec-05, 15:24
What do you mean by natural?

nibis
15-Dec-05, 15:29
sorry, I meant real christmas trees in Wick.

MsMe
15-Dec-05, 15:35
The Rugby Club are selling them at £12 each

If not there will be folk on the street selling them on Saturday or outside the co-op and Somerfield

valentine
15-Dec-05, 15:46
if you ring 01593 721309 they do real trees and deliver anywhere in caithness too, our neighbour got one & it is lovely

brandy
15-Dec-05, 15:58
if you are in wick they are down at safeway

Astra
15-Dec-05, 19:20
if you ring 01593 721309 they do real trees and deliver anywhere in caithness too, our neighbour got one & it is lovely
I thought no one was aloud to display phone number on hear . You p m them to the person .As i got a bad rep for it

EDDIE
15-Dec-05, 20:06
I would like to point out that when you be a real xmas tree the ones you get now you cant plant them in the garden aftwards they wont grow.

fed-ex
15-Dec-05, 21:49
I would like to point out that when you be a real xmas tree the ones you get now you cant plant them in the garden aftwards they wont grow.Surely there's no-one daft enough to think it would.....is there?

krieve
15-Dec-05, 22:12
Surely there's no-one daft enough to think it would.....is there?
Of course there is fed ex ..........lol

EDDIE
16-Dec-05, 00:26
Hi fed-ex you used to get real xmas trees that wants xams was over the tree could be planted in the garden for it to keep living but now u dont i think its because they cut the roots of at the bottom now. its shame some people were into replanting the tree in the back garden.

angela5
16-Dec-05, 00:28
You would of thought you'd still be able to plant them, what happened to recycling?:confused:

krieve
16-Dec-05, 00:33
Eddie I will dig one up for you astra will let me borrow his tractor and trailer lol.

nancypotter45
16-Dec-05, 01:14
Pultneytown Nursery in Oldwick Road. I got a tree from their on Saturday and it is lovely - would recommend them

lorr_mun14
16-Dec-05, 11:54
My husband bought one from Bridgend Supplies, cost £16.00, the needles started falling off right away, so much so, I had to take the tree down this week, and throw it out - a complete waste of money.

lizzie
17-Dec-05, 01:46
I certainly won't be buying a real xmas tree again the past 2 years they have died on me, they were pretty brown looking before xmas day had arrived.
what a mess when i did take it down with the pines that were still on it, i oppted for an artifical one this year its lovely and no more mess!

katarina
17-Dec-05, 11:37
I certainly won't be buying a real xmas tree again the past 2 years they have died on me, they were pretty brown looking before xmas day had arrived.
what a mess when i did take it down with the pines that were still on it, i oppted for an artifical one this year its lovely and no more mess!

If you put it in sand and keep the sand wet it should last. They need water just like cut flowers.

caisha
17-Dec-05, 13:22
Whereabouts on Old Wick Road is Pultneytown Nursery? We spent one afternoon in summer hunting for it and had to give up. I'm sure we went the length of Old Wick Road!

angela5
18-Dec-05, 00:54
Whereabouts on Old Wick Road is Pultneytown Nursery? We spent one afternoon in summer hunting for it and had to give up. I'm sure we went the length of Old Wick Road!

Its very hard to miss i can't believe you spent an afternoon searching oldwick road it takes less than 5 minutes to walk along it, it's just past the culdysack there's also a sign at the entrance.