PDA

View Full Version : I could not have killed Jill Dando...

Melancholy Man
02-Aug-08, 23:01
... because I was stalking someone in Fulham.

<wipes coffee from keyboard>

router
02-Aug-08, 23:16
good one :lol::lol:

TBH
02-Aug-08, 23:29
... because I was stalking someone in Fulham.

<wipes coffee from keyboard>If you were convicted of a crime you didn't commit through circumstantial evidence, coffee splattered over your keyboard would be the least of your worries.

Melancholy Man
02-Aug-08, 23:36
You have to laugh because, if not, you'll cry.

TBH
02-Aug-08, 23:51
You have to laugh because, if not, you'll cry.
If I spent 8 years in the pokey for a murder I didn't commit the I would be a wee bit upset to

Gizmo
03-Aug-08, 00:14
If I spent 8 years in the pokey for a murder I didn't commit the I would be a wee bit upset to

A wee bit?...i'd have murder on my mind...lol

TBH
03-Aug-08, 00:15
A wee bit?...i'd have murder on my mind...lolWe are the product of the society we live in.

Melancholy Man
03-Aug-08, 00:16
Aye, but I haven't been in the clink, so let's just save the tissues.

Gizmo
03-Aug-08, 00:19
We are the product of the society we live in.

Are you saying we all have the quality of Lidl toilet paper?...lol

TBH
03-Aug-08, 00:22
Are you saying we all have the quality of Lidl toilet paper?...lol
I suppose we are, we either use cheap toilet paper and are more likely to be accused of a crime because we are poor or we use the more expensive bog roll which would exempt us from criminal charges because we were pillars of the community.

Gizmo
03-Aug-08, 00:30
I suppose we are, we either use cheap toilet paper and are more likely to be accused of a crime because we are poor or we use the more expensive bog roll which would exempt us from criminal charges because we were pillars of the community.

That's where i have been going wrong then, Andrex doubled quilted aloe vera with super duper absobant bubbles from now on then :D

TBH
03-Aug-08, 00:35
That's where i have been going wrong then, Andrex doubled quilted aloe vera with super duper absobant bubbles from now on then :DThat is your 'passage' into the Upper, middle class.

Rheghead
03-Aug-08, 00:53
My thoughts are with Jill Dando's family who have been hanging on to some form of closure to her death and to Barry George for being wrongfully convicted of her death.:(

Gizmo
03-Aug-08, 00:54
That is your 'passage' into the Upper, middle class.

That would surely mean a significant rise in my council tax bill, me thinks the upper reaches of the lower middle class will suffice :)

TBH
03-Aug-08, 01:03
My thoughts are with Jill Dando's family who have been hanging on to some form of closure to her death and to Barry George for being wrongfully convicted of her death.:(My thoughts are with them to Rheghead and I hope they catch the real killer. Seems like a professional hit though.

Kevin Milkins
03-Aug-08, 01:16
My thoughts are with them to Rheghead and I hope they catch the real killer. Seems like a professional hit though.

When you look at the type of job they do on crimewatch I find it hard to believe that they have not made a connection to someone that was sent to clink as a result of the appeals made on the programme.
It must be gut wrenching for the Dando clan.

TBH
03-Aug-08, 01:20
When you look at the type of job they do on crimewatch I find it hard to believe that they have not made a connection to someone that was sent to clink as a result of the appeals made on the programme.
It must be gut wrenching for the Dando clan.Someone high profile was sent to the clink thanks to crimewatch. I believe Jill Dando was executed for being a figurehead of the program, nothing more. It just shows the mentality of the people the police have to deal with when they will think nothing of killing a young woman just to prove a point.

Welcomefamily
03-Aug-08, 08:00
Also the numbers of people convicted were extremely high over the years.

Cattach
03-Aug-08, 10:04
If you were convicted of a crime you didn't commit through circumstantial evidence, coffee splattered over your keyboard would be the least of your worries.

Guess he was due the 8 years for al the distress to all the women he stalked even though he did not kill Dando.

katarina
03-Aug-08, 10:27
Guess he was due the 8 years for al the distress to all the women he stalked even though he did not kill Dando.

wont stop him getting a heafty compensation pay out, and now he's free to stalk again, maybe more, now his mind is even more warped by his years inside.

percy toboggan
03-Aug-08, 16:54
I'm all for oddballs so long as they do not impact harmfully on anyone else.

Women in London may well have been slightly safer with this joker George behind bars. He's a disturbed character with testosterone pumping through him and an inability to relate to women in a conventional sense. Always a problem.

As for the compo...work out the benefits he'd have received if he wasn't in the nick. Double them for goodwill...then deduct a sum for his grub/shelter/food and lodgings/chocolate limes or whatever sweets he was addicted too inside.

Then add a couple, of hundred grand for his trouble, and chuck in a few state of the art blow-up dolls. Mind you...there will be plenty of non-synthetic female nutters who will want to know him now.

Good luck Baz. I hope we never hear from you..of you again!

ashaw1
03-Aug-08, 17:32
Sorry but i still think he didi it!

Melancholy Man
03-Aug-08, 18:23
Barry George wasn't imprisoned because he was lower class, but because of his background in unsavory stalking and obsession. Such individuals are always highly likely to move onto physical assault or worse, and the police's initial suspicions were entirely appropriate.

I'm confused as to why his alibi has not been mentioned before. My advice would be not to dwell (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7539258.stm) on it, though, lest he wants to see public sympathy dry up faster than it did for the Tipton Three (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tipton_Three#Lie_Lab). He was not a "harmless loner", as reports have suggested, but a menace to women's peace of mind. The principle of her real killer being on the loose should occupy our minds before the visceral satisfaction of removing him from the streets.

Someone high profile was sent to the clink thanks to crimewatch. I believe Jill Dando was executed for being a figurehead of the program, nothing more. It just shows the mentality of the people the police have to deal with when they will think nothing of killing a young woman just to prove a point.

She was 37, but reasonable point. Are you referring to a road rage killing?

scotsboy
03-Aug-08, 18:44
I recall on the day of her murder watching Sky News, of course it was wall to wall with the story. At about 2.30pm (if my memory serves me correctly) a piece of breaking news came on, that police were linking her murder with the murder of Veronica Guerin. Dando had been in Dublin investigating her murder a few weeks previously. This was just before a break, and the place was buzzing with the story……..after the break, it was dropped like a hot tattie, and I have never heard mention of it since. Bearing in mind the clinical and professional nature of Dando’s death, it does seem to point to an organized hit. Of course the man originally jailed for the murder of Guerin (Paul Ward) had his conviction quashed:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/1887529.stm

although Brian Meehan was found guilty of driving the motor cycle and sent to prison for life. The guy thought to be responsible for the whole affair John Gilligan (an altogether really unsavory character) was also acquitted of involvement in the murder but sentenced to 28 years for drug trafficking. And rather ironically Gilligan made the news papers today:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2001/0626/guerin.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/aug/03/internationalcrime.ireland

However much an oddball Barry George was, I don't think it is justifiable to keep him locked up on a false charge………if however they have evidence of other crimes, he is fair game.

scorrie
03-Aug-08, 21:24
Barry George wasn't imprisoned because he was lower class, but because of his background in unsavory stalking and obsession. Such individuals are always highly likely to move onto physical assault or worse, and the police's initial suspicions were entirely appropriate.

I'm confused as to why his alibi has not been mentioned before. My advice would be not to dwell (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7539258.stm) on it, though, lest he wants to see public sympathy dry up faster than it did for the Tipton Three (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tipton_Three#Lie_Lab). He was not a "harmless loner", as reports have suggested, but a menace to women's peace of mind. The principle of her real killer being on the loose should occupy our minds before the visceral satisfaction of removing him from the streets.

She was 37, but reasonable point. Are you referring to a road rage killing?

I caught a section of an interview with Barry George on Sky News today. The first thing that struck me was that he was pretty articulate and used some fairly sophisticated words for a man with an alleged IQ of only 75. The second thing I noted was that he claimed to have had no idea who Jill Dando was, despite confirming that Police found eight photos of her in his flat. He claimed to simply be a "hoarder" but I find it hard to accept that you would keep eight photos of the same person and have no idea who they were. I was looking forward to the rest of the interview when Sky cut off to go live to Michael Vaughan resigning the England Cricket Team Captaincy!!

Nice to know what the priorities are!!

Melancholy Man
03-Aug-08, 21:55
Scorrie, it would depend on how many photographs he had of other women. Dozens, hundreds?

Gizmo
03-Aug-08, 21:57
I caught a section of an interview with Barry George on Sky News today. The first thing that struck me was that he was pretty articulate and used some fairly sophisticated words for a man with an alleged IQ of only 75. The second thing I noted was that he claimed to have had no idea who Jill Dando was, despite confirming that Police found eight photos of her in his flat. He claimed to simply be a "hoarder" but I find it hard to accept that you would keep eight photos of the same person and have no idea who they were. I was looking forward to the rest of the interview when Sky cut off to go live to Michael Vaughan resigning the England Cricket Team Captaincy!!

Nice to know what the priorities are!!

He struck me as someone who had been fully prepped on what to say, it seemed very unnatural.

hotrod4
04-Aug-08, 07:01
This has to be one of the "ropiest" convictions for a long time. It reminds me of TC campbell and the Ice cream wars.
Its blatantly obvious that he was made a scapegoat,after all who's going to miss him? its not as if he was popular. I have noticed now that his sister has finally come to his defence, could it be that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow?

Theres no doubt the guy has mental problems as he can go from very articulate to plain wacky. If he didnt have these problems would he have been so easy to "frame"?

I agree with scotsboy about the irish connection as there has been alot said about that case but it did suddenly disappear. It was a pro hit as the way it was carried out shows.

barry george may be a wack job but he's no murderer, just because someone has a low IQ and some weird obsessions they shouldnt be charged for a crime they didnt commit.
He's been done in the past for crimes HE did commit and so he should be,but he was a scapegoat in the Jill Dando case.

I couldnt have killed jill dando as i was having tea with Elvis that day!!! ;)

Gizmo
04-Aug-08, 12:00
I believe his sister has been campaigning for his release from day one.

binbob
04-Aug-08, 12:39
me too....he will do something else very bad before long...

scorrie
04-Aug-08, 14:48
Scorrie, it would depend on how many photographs he had of other women. Dozens, hundreds?

I can't agree. Most of the photos were from/in newspapers. Dando's name would have been on the page. My experience of these "obsessive" types is that they like to find out personal details about those they wish to meet/fantasise about. He also collected photos of other female TV celebrities.

I am not saying the man was guilty of killing Jill Dando, I just feel that he is not as "dumb" as has been made out. He has done time for attempted rape and I find his excuse that the incident happened because he was "Lonely and found it difficult to make friends" a pathetic offering.

I don't accept his claim that he is "all right now". I believe he needs a lot of help for his problems.

percy toboggan
04-Aug-08, 17:28
I believe his sister has been campaigning for his release from day one.
Indeed she has and I admire her for it.
I wish I had a sister like that. I'm not sure I do, and hopefully I'll never find out.

Melancholy Man
04-Aug-08, 18:03
I can't agree. Most of the photos were from/in newspapers.

When you put it like that, yes.

-whitewall-
04-Aug-08, 19:55
innocent until proven guilty, thats my thoughts on it.

Bit I cant get my head around is that the jacket he allegedly wore when killing Dando when taken in as evidence was stored in a firearms cupboard/store. :confused

Hes an oddball alright but I thought the news of the world article on him yesterday was disgusting.

katarina
05-Aug-08, 11:01

letting him out worries me. Will tabs be kept on him now?

ecb
05-Aug-08, 12:33
letting him out worries me. Will tabs be kept on him now?

According to a newspaper today "Barry George is to be placed under £50,000-a-year strict supervision paid for by the taxpayer after deciding to return to the streets where Jill Dando was murdered."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1041665/Taxpayers-fork-50-000-year-tabs-George.html

As to who actually killed Jill Dando, an article in another newspaper puts forward the case for a Serbian hitman as the culprit.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2008/aug/05/jilldando.serbia