PDA

View Full Version : Roy keane

Henrik7
15-Dec-05, 14:22
For those who are interested:

"Celtic are delighted to announced that Roy Keane has signed for the club. The self-confessed Celtic fan has fulfiled a long-held dream by joining the Hoops and his contract will see him remain at Celtic Park initially until June 2007.

Roy Keane will be officially unveiled as a Celtic player at a press conference at Celtic Park today, Thursday, December 15, at 1.30pm.

Full report on the press conference will follow on the Celtic website later today."

Rheghead
15-Dec-05, 14:30
Celtic will have to practice playing with 10 men, me thinks...

Henrik7
15-Dec-05, 14:48
Nae chance.... he will be the best signing in a long time. He's a leader and a fantastic football player. Celtic can only come good with him signing.

Dons_Lad
15-Dec-05, 16:45
Nae chance.... he will be the best signing in a long time. He's a leader and a fantastic football player. Celtic can only come good with him signing.

He won't be the best signing in a long time, if it was 5 years ago, when he was in his prime he would've, not now I'm afraid. He was a good leader and was a fantastic footballer. How is he going to get into the Celtic side? Who do they throw out, when they're winning games and playing well?

Seems a bit stupid buying him, is he a long-term replacement for Lennon or something?

crashbandicoot1979
15-Dec-05, 17:15
Must admit, I agree with dons lad on this one. I'm a celtic supporter but I think its a bad move - they don't need him and I don't think they can justify the money he's going to cost, even if it does come out of Dermott Desmond's own pocket. Plus the team are getting along well just now and we all know that kean-o has a habit of upsetting the dressing room....

The Pepsi Challenge
15-Dec-05, 17:42
Even £100,000 per week is small fry just to see Keane put one over Barry Ferguson. Bring it on.

Geo
15-Dec-05, 19:00
Hard to say really. He could be a good thing for Celtic. He still played well at ManU when he was fit so his ability isn't in question. On the other hand will his attitdude upset the apple cart? If he can get on with the football and be a balanced leader then he could inspire them. I feel sorry for Lennon though as he "seems" the obvious one to be dropped even though he's had a good season so far. I'd leave it as is and have Keane as a sub and let him fight for the place.

Rumour mill....Petrov's contract talks seem to be going on a bit. ;)

scorrie
15-Dec-05, 23:35
He won't be the best signing in a long time, if it was 5 years ago, when he was in his prime he would've, not now I'm afraid. He was a good leader and was a fantastic footballer. How is he going to get into the Celtic side? Who do they throw out, when they're winning games and playing well?

Seems a bit stupid buying him, is he a long-term replacement for Lennon or something?

I tend to agree that Roy is too old to make a lot of difference. Celtic are out of Europe for this year and look like they may well have won the treble this season anyway, without signing someone who brings a large wage bill and massive ego to the club. One player, particularly an ageing one, is never going to be enough to bridge the quality gap. Maybe Strachan is worried that Eck may be right about Rangers being resurgent now that they have managed to win a game!!