PDA

View Full Version : Hi and Thank You from Elayne

elamik@tiscali.co.uk
02-Aug-08, 22:25
Hello, new member here, I spent some of my childhood in Thurso, and attended West Public and Miller Academy schools, between 1959-1963 My Father worked at Dounreay and my family name was Hanton, we stayed in Howburn Road, My Mum was great friends with a family who stayed in Grove Lane, Betty Reid. Her youngest Daughter was called Violet, she was nearest my age, and I looked up to her like an elder sister.Also a great school friend was Audrey Hart,who I last saw around 1970. I would like to hear from anyone who knows of them, or remembers me from that time.
Regards
Elayne Ferguson-Brady. (Nee Hanton)

teenybash
02-Aug-08, 22:52
Welcome to the org....hope you visit often and join in the patter..........:Razz

dirdyweeker
02-Aug-08, 23:33
Welcome to the org Elayne. Being a "Wicker" I do not know you but you can bet yours boots someone will. Hope you enjoy posting and I am sure we will all look forward to reading.

Kevin Milkins
02-Aug-08, 23:36
Wellcome to the org Elayne.
Hope you have some luck looking up some old pals.

Welcomefamily
03-Aug-08, 08:07
Welcome to the org.

Lady In Bed
03-Aug-08, 10:59
My aunt Madge lived next door to the Reids. Bunty, as you probably know died at an early age. Jimmy is still in Thurso. Gordon was in Thurso but have not seen him for a while. Rosemary is still in Thurso. Hugh died also. I was in West Public and Miller and went to THS in 1962.

thejudd
03-Aug-08, 11:08
Welcome to the org. Hope you have as much fun on here as I do. :D:D:D

arana negra
03-Aug-08, 11:14
Another welcome from me, new around here also and have found folks most friendly and helpful. I have had help in tracing many of the people I was looking :)

Enjoy.

elamik@tiscali.co.uk
03-Aug-08, 12:19
Hi Lady in bed, thanx very much for info, Ive just taken a very big trip down memory lane.I had forgotten the names of the boys, but have clear memories of Bunty. Hopefully Rosemary, Libby, & Violet can be contacted at some point.

Regards
Elayne

elamik@tiscali.co.uk
03-Aug-08, 12:25
All, Many thanx for the responses & welcomes.

Regards

Elayne:Razz