PDA

View Full Version : Quakers in Caithness

Melancholy Man
02-Aug-08, 22:04
Do Meetings periodically take place at Pennyland Skool, or is the website out of date? If not, I assume it's individual Fiend's homes.

TBH
02-Aug-08, 22:05
Quakers in Caithness now.[lol]

Melancholy Man
02-Aug-08, 22:08
I don't meant the blood thirsty, murdering lot. I mean the *other* Quackers.

cuddlepop
02-Aug-08, 22:08
Do Meetings periodically take place at Pennyland Skool, or is the website out of date? If not, I assume it's individual Fiend's homes.

I think you meant friends and not fiends:lol:.....or maybe

Melancholy Man
02-Aug-08, 22:09
I think you meant friends and not fiends:lol:.....or maybe

It is the blood-thirsty murdering lot!

teenybash
02-Aug-08, 22:55
Quakers in Caithness now.[lol]
You get them in any supermarket...apparently very good for you.............I like the guy in the kilt on the packet...;)

Melancholy Man
02-Aug-08, 23:00
Ah! Quaker Oats has nowt to do with RSoF! The name was chosen because of the association with moral goodness and wholesomeness. And the chap on the front is not William Penn.

And, the chap in the kilt is on Scott's Oats.

teenybash
02-Aug-08, 23:07
You certainly know your porridge MM............:Razz

Melancholy Man
02-Aug-08, 23:14
Porage, my dear. Porage.

TBH
02-Aug-08, 23:14
Ah! Quaker Oats has nowt to do with RSoF! The name was chosen because of the association with moral goodness and wholesomeness. And the chap on the front is not William Penn.

And, the chap in the kilt is on Scott's Oats.Ah, but Scotts used the same oats as the quakers lot and are now owned by the Quaker company.

teenybash
02-Aug-08, 23:18
Porage, my dear. Porage.

Like the original spelling......porage sounds like something you put in a dish to make a room smell nice..................:Razz

Melancholy Man
02-Aug-08, 23:18
Ferkin L, I didn't know that, TBH!

TBH
02-Aug-08, 23:21
Ferkin L, I didn't know that, TBH!Was that a hint of sarcasm?

Melancholy Man
02-Aug-08, 23:25
None at all. The one about Scott's being taken over by Quaker Oats Company ain't too surprising - this is business after all. But, that they used the same oats was a surprise. Well, not too much. They are both too rough for me.

TBH
02-Aug-08, 23:26
None at all. The one about Scott's being taken over by Quaker Oats Company ain't too surprising - this is business after all. But, that they used the same oats was a surprise. Well, not too much. They are both too rough for me.lol, that was earth shattering that Scotts did not use oats from sustainable scottish crops.

Cattach
03-Aug-08, 10:02

And, the chap in the kilt is on Scott's Oats.

So from the supeermarket one can get the moral suport of Quakers and also your Oats!

hotrod4
03-Aug-08, 11:32
Quackers they are nice crisps, I especially like the cheese ones! ;)