PDA

View Full Version : horse riding

brandy
02-Aug-08, 11:56
ok guys need a little help and advice. i was planning to start riding again. havent ridden properly in about 15 years! BUT now that sam is taking lessons and we went trekking the other day (while on holiday) its made me really want to get back into it.
now the gentleman i was on was 18 hands high and i was fine on him. it was funny when i went to hop off, i had a lot further to go to reach the ground than i thought!
so if anyone knows of anyone willing to give lessons and has a horse big enough let me know!

oscar
02-Aug-08, 13:51
Achalone Activities near Halkirk 01847 831 326

balto
02-Aug-08, 16:07
natalie oag has stables at lyth, she is very good, my daughter goes nd she loves it.

quiteone
03-Aug-08, 19:24
does natilie do lessons then?? what about treking?? im the same used to have a horse and would love to get back into it, now my daughters old enough to come with me?? what like is the prices do u know??

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
03-Aug-08, 19:47
I would highly recommend Marion Bain - she's excellent and she has a good cob Lady that's suitable for weight carrying...!!
Price likely to be £15 an hour I think!

John Baikie
03-Aug-08, 19:50
does natilie do lessons then?? what about treking?? im the same used to have a horse and would love to get back into it, now my daughters old enough to come with me?? what like is the prices do u know??

Natalie does lessons and caters for all ages and abilities. She is very reasonably priced and is very good with the kids. She's got a good variety of horses to suit different people as well.
Her number is 0785 1660 324

ett23
03-Aug-08, 22:18
I would highly recommend Marion Bain - she's excellent and she has a good cob Lady that's suitable for weight carrying...!!
Price likely to be £15 an hour I think!

I would also say Marion is brilliant - I started having lessons with her last year. She's a very good teacher and has nice safe horses/ponies. Prices are bit more now than in the past - £20 an hour. I suppose she has to keep up with the inflation like everyone else! :Razz

I've also been to natalie's stables at lyth and did enjoy the hack I went on. She doesn't have as many different horses as Marion though, maybe only 8-10 whereas Marion has at least 16 odd. But when I went a few months ago it was £17 for an hour, so slightly cheaper.

My vote still goes for Marion though. It's not easy being an adult learner and she's very patient but does make you work hard for your money! :D

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
04-Aug-08, 09:29
Yup defo ETT - and Marion has many years of experience with adult and children learners and plenty of room with a sand school and a jumping arena, x country jumps, and fields to ride in!!

www.achaloneactivities.co.uk is her website - it's still under construction but some info on it and pics!!

PS ETT were you riding Ted on Tuesday at 6.30 ..... I was over with my new coloured cob and had my firend with Dun warmblood......

ett23
04-Aug-08, 16:52
That's a brilliant new website she's got. Loads of info on there, and no doubt more to come!

Nope Keep on Trucking - it wasn't me you saw on Tuesday on Ted. My mum rode Ted once when she was up a while back and said he was lovely. I usually ride Belle or Jess and I used to ride Freddie before he was put down.....:~(

bull
11-Aug-08, 09:59
There's always Torrisdale Trekking in Bettyhill if you fancy something different. It's a real riding experience and worth the travel. The lady who runs it is Lorna Mackay, the horses are varied and very reliable, and her number is 01641 521 472.