PDA

View Full Version : Silver .... the Band

arana negra
01-Aug-08, 17:12
Many years ago I used to go and hear a band called Silver with a chap called Colin McFeat playing/singing it. I think he used to work at Douneray but not 100% sure of that. Don't suppose they are still going ?

Ah memories of live music and dancing :D

moncur
02-Aug-08, 00:10
I think you mean 'Silver Dollar'. I never heard them as I was just a young loon when they were around. But I've heard about them. I don't think they're on the go anymore though.

Chobbersjnr
02-Aug-08, 00:36
I think you mean 'Silver Dollar'. I never heard them as I was just a young loon when they were around. But I've heard about them. I don't think they're on the go anymore though.

they were Silver as well..................I think Silver was after Silver Dollar & no they be defunct as a unit.

alanatkie
02-Aug-08, 10:39
They did start of as Silver Dollar but had to change to Silver as there was another band called Silver Dollar. They split up in 1997.

arana negra
02-Aug-08, 11:12
Thanks again for the replies, nice to be part of a site where folks interact, even with us newbies :)

Sorry to hear the band are no longer on the go, had a few good nights dancing to them. Don't know where the years have gone sometimes. I heard that Colin is still in the area, I knew his brother down Perth way.

plumber
02-Aug-08, 12:14
Silver Dollar played at my wedding in 1979, If I remember right there was a Jim Halliday from Halkirk in the band

arana negra
02-Aug-08, 18:21
I found my CD of Silver listed band members.... Colin McFeat, John Polson, Willie Mitchell and Adam Polson with Phil Anderson, Billy Pearce, Alistair Hogg and Gordon Gunn.