PDA

View Full Version : Bignold Park Right of Way ??

accossie
01-Aug-08, 15:58
I see the gates at the top of the Bignold Park are closed now.

In the Groat David Sutherland stated that the path was not a right of way but I thought that to become a right of way, a route has to meet certain legal conditions; in particular, it must have been used by the general public for at least 20 years and must link two public places (usually public roads). Rights of way vary from long hill routes (often historical drove or kirk roads) to local routes used for walking the dog or as short cuts to shops, schools and other local amenities.

Surely this path meets these conditions and has done so for many years. The local authority have a duty to protect access especially as the alternative routes are longer and in respect of the cemetry road is dangerous.

The Scottish Government has brought in a right to roam legislation yet our local authority is failing to protect our basic rights.

In Scotland there are many rights of way that are not recorded as there is no formal register. I wonder if our local authority is being economical with the truth by meaning when they say that it is not a right of way they really mean it is not a recorded right of way ??

Tubthumper
01-Aug-08, 17:17
What is it with you Wickers? Demanding a right of way across a football pitch used for highland league football? Letting your dogs dump on the grass so that referees have to stop a high-profile game to shift a turd? Allowing your brats to releatedly smash the seats and set fire to the stand? Undoing all the good work the volunteers put into raising the standard of facility? And all because you're too bone idle to take a slight detour round the side? Are you proud of the image that's presented of your town?

Right to roam legislation was never intended to replace sheer common sense!

Keep off the grass!

2little2late
01-Aug-08, 17:33
What is it with you Wickers? Demanding a right of way across a football pitch used for highland league football? Letting your dogs dump on the grass so that referees have to stop a high-profile game to shift a turd? Allowing your brats to repeatedly smash the seats and set fire to the stand? Undoing all the good work the volunteers put into raising the standard of facility? And all because you're too bone idle to take a slight detour round the side? Are you proud of the image that's presented of your town?

Right to roam legislation was never intended to replace sheer common sense!

Keep off the grass!

We are not demanding a right of way across the football pitch. It is the footpath that we are seeking right of way to use. And also do not tar every one with the same brush. The vandalism is caused by the minority that show little or no respect. And how often are the seats repeatedly smashed? (again a senseless minority).

If you have nothing constructive to say then don't say anything. [disgust][disgust]

TBH
01-Aug-08, 17:37
It's a public right of way and has been for many years, because a few glue/gas -sniffing knuckleheads have vandalised the stands does not mean that every law abiding wicker should be made to pay.
Get better security, i.e, cameras in place and get the police back on the beat instead of warming their behinds in their flashy cars pretending they are in an episode of the bill.

Tubthumper
01-Aug-08, 17:59
A situation makes me itch
Regarding Wickers football pitch
The one run by Munro and Titch
To help poor Wick become more rich

Some Wickers want a right to think
That kids who tons of Buckfast drink
Can throw team progress down the sink
By leaving turds on pitch to stink

And leave their town in deepest mire
The seats to break and setting fire
To stand where should be football choir
Repair bills just get higher and higher

So all the touring foreign folk
Who wish in atmosphere to soak
Think Wicker culture is a joke
That goalmouth jobbie makes them boak

You talk so glib of Roaming Right
What would you say if I tonight
Let dog in your garden leave a sh*te
To lie and steam in Wick moonlight

Whenever man or woman tries
In Wick above morass to rise
For team attempt to win a prize
The knockers come; surprise surprise

'It can’t be done, there is no way
We cannot bear to change!' they say
'Jump back in time to happier day
And that’s the way it’s going to stay!'

Please, Wicker chap, give up your whine
For sake of friends, both yours and mine
Your town needs help, so heed the sign
Walk round the park and toe the line

bluenosenic
01-Aug-08, 18:11
i agree with tubthumper , the rest are talking nonesence as far as i am concerned. btw would i be right in saying in the dim and distant past the harmsworth park was always shut off to the public apart from matchdays?

floyed
01-Aug-08, 18:14
A situation makes me itch
Regarding Wickers football pitch
The one run by Munro and Titch
To help poor Wick become more rich

Some Wickers want a right to think
That kids who tons of Buckfast drink
Can throw team progress down the sink
By leaving turds on pitch to stink

And leave their town in deepest mire
The seats to break and setting fire
To stand where should be football choir
Repair bills just get higher and higher

So all the touring foreign folk
Who wish in atmosphere to soak
Think Wicker culture is a joke
That goalmouth jobbie makes them boak

You talk so glib of Roaming Right
What would you say if I tonight
Let dog in your garden leave a sh*te
To lie and steam in Wick moonlight

Whenever man or woman tries
In Wick above morass to rise
For team attempt to win a prize
The knockers come; surprise surprise

It can’t be done, there is no way
We cannot bear to change they say
Jump back in time to happier day
And that’s the way it’s going to stay

Please, Wicker chap, give up your whine
For sake of friends, both yours and mine
Your town needs help, so heed the sign
Walk round the park and toe the line

Very good :D

superted
01-Aug-08, 18:15
Get better security, i.e, cameras in place and get the police back on the beat instead of warming their behinds in their flashy cars pretending they are in an episode of the bill.

Oh aye!!, cause a highland league football club has that type o money!!!

dogman
01-Aug-08, 18:22
there is a path 200 hundred yards away from the entrance to the harmsworth park which goes across the bignold park. just use that one.

TBH
01-Aug-08, 18:23
Oh aye!!, cause a highland league football club has that type o money!!!Well that's their problem then isn't it and that of the police.

there is a path 200 hundred yards away from the entrance to the harmsworth park which goes across the bignold park. just use that one.Why Should they?

superted
01-Aug-08, 18:26
Well that's their problem then isn't it and that of the police.

Always someones else's problem....Well it was the clubs problem and they've solved it to the best of their ability.

dogman
01-Aug-08, 18:26

Why Should they?

because common sense should prevail as it enters and exits on the same streets, thats why.

Tubthumper
01-Aug-08, 18:27

Why Should they?
Wickers - Are you all agreed on this?

TBH
Always someones else's problem....Well it was the clubs problem and they've solved it to the best of their ability.They have solved it at the expense of the law abiding folk of that area that wish to use the access path.

floyed

Why Should they?

Because its a path and that is what it is for duh:eek:

TBH
01-Aug-08, 18:29
Because its a path and that is what it is for duh:eek:I said why should they, I never asked for the definition of it's use.

superted
01-Aug-08, 18:30
They have solved it at the expense of the law abiding folk of that area that wish to use the access path.

Like what was said before...there's another one less than 200yrds away.

You've got a great community spirit.

TBH
01-Aug-08, 18:32
Like what was said before...there's another one less than 200yrds away.

You've got a great community spirit.
I have a great community spirit that is why I don't think people should be stopped from using an access that they have used for decades.

dogman
01-Aug-08, 18:32
I said why should they, I never asked for the definition of it's use.

ok then.

they should use the path through the bignold as the path through the harmsworth is closed. if they want to get to where they were going they will have to.

TBH
01-Aug-08, 18:34
ok then.

they should use the path through the bignold as the path through the harmsworth is closed. if they want to get to where they were going they will have to.How about if the people from that area took it further and forced the issue?

Tubthumper
I have a great community spirit that is why I don't think people should be stopped from using an access that they have used for decades.
I always thought that community spirit included making sacrifices for the greater good. Just because it's been done for ages doesn't mean it has to continue for ever.

floyed
ok then.

they should use the path through the bignold as the path through the harmsworth is closed. if they want to get to where they were going they will have to.

Exactly well said:D

TBH
01-Aug-08, 18:36
Exactly well said:DWell it was a better answer than your poor attempt at sarcasm but there you go.

dogman
01-Aug-08, 18:37
Well it was a better answer than your poor attempt at sarcasm but there you go.

is that a compliment?;)

floyed
01-Aug-08, 18:37
How about if the people from that area took it further and forced the issue?

What an issue over a path that has been closed?? there is an alternative route is ONLY 200 Yards away...commme onnnnn lol:lol:

floyed
01-Aug-08, 18:39
is that a compliment?;)

I think it was!! Thank you TBH[smirk]

balto
01-Aug-08, 18:39
there is a path 200 hundred yards away from the entrance to the harmsworth park which goes across the bignold park. just use that one.
it appears that thee is some people on here that re to lazy to walk that little bit further[lol][lol]

floyed
01-Aug-08, 18:41
it appears that thee is some people on here that re to lazy to walk that little bit further[lol][lol]

Maybe a bus run should be started every half hour to pick people up from one side to take them to the other :lol:

TBH
01-Aug-08, 18:42
is that a compliment?;)
Most definitely but don't get accustomed to it.:lol:

dogman
01-Aug-08, 18:42

i know. simple answer, millers cabs 606464.

TBH
01-Aug-08, 18:44
i know. simple answer, millers cabs 606464.Aye and send the bill to the Chairman of Wick Academy.;)

floyed
01-Aug-08, 18:47
Aye and send the bill to the Chairman of Wick Academy.;)

.................lol:lol:

balto
01-Aug-08, 18:56
Aye and send the bill to the Chairman of Wick Academy.;)
nah find out all the people who misused the park in the 1st place to force wick acadamey to close the gates, and send them the bill.[lol][lol]

TBH
01-Aug-08, 18:59
nah find out all the people who misused the park in the 1st place to force wick acadamey to close the gates, and send them the bill.[lol][lol]I have already stated in a distant thread that maybe Wick academy could tie up with a security firm, advertising space for equipment.

Tubthumper
01-Aug-08, 19:23
nah find out all the people who misused the park in the 1st place to force wick acadamey to close the gates, and send them the bill.[lol][lol]
Maybe those Wickers with 'Community Spirit' could identify them and make them cough up or work off their debt to society.
Or is that somebody else's job?

balto
01-Aug-08, 19:25
it was only a joke, doubt anyone would ever confess to destroying what isnt theirs.

TBH
01-Aug-08, 19:26
Maybe those Wickers with 'Community Spirit' could identify them and make them cough up or work off their debt to society.
Or is that somebody else's job?You say that as though wickers don't have any?

Tubthumper
01-Aug-08, 19:28
it was only a joke, doubt anyone would ever confess to destroying what isnt theirs.
Fair enough, but what about concerned citizens, working together to improve their environment, doing something about it?
Someone must know who these destructive scrotes are...

Tubthumper
01-Aug-08, 19:31
You say that as though wickers don't have any?
Sorry mate, didn't mean to cause confusion. I think it was you who brought 'community spirit' up a while back, while stating it was someone else's job to deal with the community's problems.
People refusing to comply with a simple request like 'please stop your dog pooping on the football pitch,' and 'Please don't burn down our stand' don't seem very community spirited to me. Neither do those who either condone such behaviour or refuse to condemn it.
But then maybe things are viewed differently in Wick?

balto
01-Aug-08, 19:33
Fair enough, but what about concerned citizens, working together to improve their environment, doing something about it?
Someone must know who these destructive scrotes are...
of course people know who they are, just that eveyone thinks it isnt their plce to say anything, just the way of the world. see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.

TBH
01-Aug-08, 19:36
Sorry mate, didn't mean to cause confusion. I think it was you who brought 'community spirit' up a while back, while stating it was someone else's job to deal with the community's problems.
People refusing to comply with a simple request like 'please stop your dog pooping on the football pitch,' and 'Please don't burn down our stand' don't seem very community spirited to me. Neither do those who either condone such behaviour or refuse to condemn it.
But then maybe things are viewed differently in Wick?You are the one that brought up community spirit.
I stated that Wick Academy need to address the issue in a way that wont affect the majority of law abiding people in that area.
The scum that you refer to are nothing to do with the majority and I am sure that if they knew who they were they would report it to the authorities.

Tubthumper
01-Aug-08, 19:37
of course people know who they are, just that eveyone thinks it isnt their plce to say anything, just the way of the world. see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.
...and meanwhile the place falls to bits round our ears. Sad isn't it Balto?

balto
01-Aug-08, 19:40
...and meanwhile the place falls to bits round our ears. Sad isn't it Balto?
aye unfortuntly some people just dont care, sad state of affairs.

Tubthumper
01-Aug-08, 19:43
You are the one that brought up community spirit.
I stated that Wick Academy need to address the issue in a way that wont affect the majority of law abiding people in that area.
The scum that you refer to are nothing to do with the majority and I am sure that if they knew who they were they would report it to the authorities.
Wisnae Me! It was Superted that brought it up!
Wick Academy ARE addressing it in a way that wont affect the majority of law abiding people in that area - they're closing the gates and requesting that people take an alternative route to enable them to improve security.
Scum right enough. But I suppose they're all somebody's bairns.

superted
01-Aug-08, 19:55
Wick Academy ARE addressing it in a way that wont affect the majority of law abiding people in that area - they're closing the gates and requesting that people take an alternative route to enable them to improve security.
Scum right enough. But I suppose they're all somebody's bairns.

Blame me for everything.....:lol:

TBH
01-Aug-08, 19:56
Scum right enough. But I suppose they're all somebody's bairns.I stand corrected on the community spirit comment and I apologise.
It always seems to be the innocent that have to take the rap for the indiscretions of the scum element.

superted
01-Aug-08, 19:58
I stand corrected on the community spirit comment and I apologise.
It always seems to be the innocent that have to take the rap for the indiscretions of the scum element.

calling me scum now;)

Tubthumper
01-Aug-08, 19:58
calling me scum now;)
A big Teddy did it and ran away...

TBH
01-Aug-08, 19:59
calling me scum now;)Where were you on the..insert appropriate date...?[lol]

wifie
01-Aug-08, 19:59
Not terribly sure of the layout of the area in question but does anyone think that a 200 yard detour will deter the yobs? Just a question.....:)

superted
01-Aug-08, 20:01
Where were you on the..insert appropriate date...?[lol]

It would be a fair old trek for me[lol]

Tubthumper
01-Aug-08, 20:02
You'll never make the place totally ned-proof, but I suppose having closed gates means that anyone inside has 'broken in' and is obviously up to no good. Makes it easier to move them on or lift them.
But then where will the nefarious neds go for their buckfast and butane? Where will the devil-dogs poop in Pultneytown?

Tubthumper
01-Aug-08, 20:03
It would be a fair old trek for me[lol]
Is it a burd, is it a plane... it's SuperNed!

Tubthumper
01-Aug-08, 21:48
For the evening audience of Wickers (and others): What do you think of the decision to close the gates at the Bignold Park?

Gizmo
01-Aug-08, 22:05
Don't know what you're all moaning about, it's only shut at one end, all you gotta do is climb the wall...problem solved, should be even easier for those one their way back from Homebase with a new ladder ;)

Errogie
01-Aug-08, 22:56
Highland Council as Planning Authority is empowered to defend rights of way under the 1967 Countryside (Scotland) Act. However the way in which it does that is at the discretion of its elected members and is not obligatory. In this case the route may meet the criteria for a right of way but there is no point in pursueing an expensive legal action against the occupiers of the football ground particularly as the Council wearing another hat is probably already supporting this activity. The Councillors have been aware of this background for some time which is why the alternative route has been upgraded and is in good repair.

The very small extra distance which Wickers might have to walk can only be to the good in fighting obesity and car dependency culture in Caithness. Of course it is entirely open for anybody sufficiently agrieved to mount their own right of way action to reopen the route as was unsuccessfully attempted at the notorious Pugwash Lane in Reay which was another storm in a tea cup whipped up by individuals with a bee in their respective bonnets.

wifie
01-Aug-08, 22:58
Gizmo did it! Well he is thinkin about it! :eek:

speedo215
01-Aug-08, 22:59
i think wick academy were quite right in putting up the gates to stop vandels and the like, i have been to a few other highland league grounds and there is none of this like there is at the harmsworth, so i say good on wick academy the harmsworth should be somewhere we are proud of when we have visting teams up, and if you so bothered about having to walk an extra 200 yards just to cross the park and can't get through the harmsworth that is just tough

TBH
01-Aug-08, 22:59
Highland Council as Planning Authority is empowered to defend rights of way under the 1967 Countryside (Scotland) Act. However the way in which it does that is at the discretion of its elected members and is not obligatory. In this case the route may meet the criteria for a right of way but there is no point in pursueing an expensive legal action against the occupiers of the football ground particularly as the Council wearing another hat is probably already supporting this activity. The Councillors have been aware of this background for some time which is why the alternative route has been upgraded and is in good repair.

The very small extra distance which Wickers might have to walk can only be to the good in fighting obesity and car dependency culture in Caithness. Of course it is entirely open for anybody sufficiently agrieved to mount their own right of way action to reopen the route as was unsuccessfully attempted at the notorious Pugwash Lane in Reay which was another storm in a tea cup whipped up by individuals with a bee in their respective bonnets.
If the people affected see the need to have the route re-opened then they will and nobody will stop them.

Tubthumper
01-Aug-08, 23:07
The road to hell is paved with good intentions, so they say
Now Wickers have to fight to prove they have a Right of Way
No more to roam with doggie over football field of dreams
And Highland opposition offer no disgusted screams

No more to lurk in dugout with a bag of glue to sniff
No spaced-out Wicker ned on Buckie, rolling dodgy spliff
No flames of retribution as the seats begin to burn
And no more bright graffiti showing spelling they should learn

So where will neddy characters find now to congregate
While on descending testes they are forced to sit and wait
Where now for chavvy female types to gather in their droves
Comparing their attire, all bought from NewLook store their clothes

It’s all an education, sure the kids will have to learn
And find another way their growing badge and spurs to earn
In Wick they’ve figured out school building fabric needs attention
But there’s more to growing up than every night a brief detention

Tubthumper
01-Aug-08, 23:09
If the people affected see the need to have the route re-opened then they will and nobody will stop them.
Isn't that anarchy? Or at the very least law-breaking of the same type as the wreckers and scrotes?
I refer to earlier comments about 'community spirit' requiring people to make sacrifices for the greater good.
Or do Wickers not subscribe to that idea?

Errogie
01-Aug-08, 23:11
Well where have we heard that rational before?

It's just about as well thought out as Bush and Blair's jaunt into Iraq!

Gizmo
01-Aug-08, 23:41
i think wick academy were quite right in putting up the gates to stop vandels and the like, i have been to a few other highland league grounds and there is none of this like there is at the harmsworth, so i say good on wick academy the harmsworth should be somewhere we are proud of when we have visting teams up, and if you so bothered about having to walk an extra 200 yards just to cross the park and can't get through the harmsworth that is just tough

The gates are pointless and a complete waste of money, no one using it as a way to get from A to B suddenly thinks halfway through their walk...Mmmm...i must go rip up some of those seats and poop on the grass...do they?, the wall can easily be negotiated by any would be vandal...or failing that...if the would be vandal is a midget with no access to a ladder they can easily go to the south road entrance which cannot be closed as it provides access to the grounds keepers house, it's like trying to prevent buglars from entering your house by locking the front door and leaving the back door wide open.

The most pointless wate of money since the Wick Business Park

TBH
01-Aug-08, 23:42
Isn't that anarchy? Or at the very least law-breaking of the same type as the wreckers and scrotes?
I refer to earlier comments about 'community spirit' requiring people to make sacrifices for the greater good.
Or do Wickers not subscribe to that idea?
It's not law breaking, it will be done legally.

Tubthumper
02-Aug-08, 00:10
Ahh, Wick...
Whatever you do, change nothing...

speedo215
02-Aug-08, 09:24
The gates are pointless and a complete waste of money, no one using it as a way to get from A to B suddenly thinks halfway through their walk...Mmmm...i must go rip up some of those seats and poop on the grass...do they?, the wall can easily be negotiated by any would be vandal...or failing that...if the would be vandal is a midget with no access to a ladder they can easily go to the south road entrance which cannot be closed as it provides access to the grounds keepers house, it's like trying to prevent buglars from entering your house by locking the front door and leaving the back door wide open.

The most pointless wate of money since the Wick Business Park
they are no pointless as they will cut down on the vandels and what like and also there is cctv now in place to make sure that no one climbs the wall and also from the south road end the caretaker can see who comes into the park so this will help deter the vandels as well

Tubthumper
02-Aug-08, 11:20
...The most pointless waste of money since the Wick Business Park
That's the forward-looking, enterprising, community-spirited, 'supportive of endeavour' attitude we've come to know and love!
What is it with you Wickers!?

superted
02-Aug-08, 12:14
That's the forward-looking, enterprising, community-spirited, 'supportive of endeavour' attitude we've come to know and love!

Well said!!!

Gizmo
02-Aug-08, 12:14

So you think the what...3 million that was spent on a business park that has practically lain empty for 5 years is money well spent?

Amy-Winehouse
02-Aug-08, 14:00
i know. simple answer, millers cabs 606464.

If they remember to turn up, that is!!!

Amy-Winehouse
02-Aug-08, 14:07
For the evening audience of Wickers (and others): What do you think of the decision to close the gates at the Bignold Park?

I think its shocking, if Academy are being routed 0-5, its raining & howling gales & the fans want to leave early- they cant as the council have erected steel gates to keep them in!!! Torture in the noughties-whod have thought it??[lol]

speedo215
02-Aug-08, 14:45
I think its shocking, if Academy are being routed 0-5, its raining & howling gales & the fans want to leave early- they cant as the council have erected steel gates to keep them in!!! Torture in the noughties-whod have thought it??[lol]
the gates are open on match days to allow crs etc to leave when they want to

Tubthumper
02-Aug-08, 19:43
So you think the what...3 million that was spent on a business park that has practically lain empty for 5 years is money well spent?

Other towns in the highlands have enterprise parks that serve to attract new or developing businesses. Some have been very successful, some less so. Other attractions for these businesses are;

Convenient location to market/for materials
Availability of well-trained, enterprising, forward-looking workforce, willing to embrace change
Local attraction for incoming staff
Welcoming environment
Sporting facilities and activities
Good health & educational facilities for families
Pick which of these Wick has in abundance and let us know your solution to the problems Wick faces.
And of course, if no enterprise park existed, someone would be bleating about how HIE or CASE were doing nothing to help poor Wick.
Could that person be you?

Gizmo
02-Aug-08, 21:01
Other towns in the highlands have enterprise parks that serve to attract new or developing businesses. Some have been very successful, some less so. Other attractions for these businesses are;

Convenient location to market/for materials
Availability of well-trained, enterprising, forward-looking workforce, willing to embrace change
Local attraction for incoming staff
Welcoming environment
Sporting facilities and activities
Good health & educational facilities for families
Pick which of these Wick has in abundance and let us know your solution to the problems Wick faces.
And of course, if no enterprise park existed, someone would be bleating about how HIE or CASE were doing nothing to help poor Wick.
Could that person be you?

Are you a politician?...i ask as you completely evaded my question.
And seeing as you asked, No...that person is not me, the 'if you build it they will come' thinking behind the park was a really bad idea, Wick has none of those things you listed in abundance, the place is a dump and if i could afford to move you wouldn't see me for dust, Wick is good for two things...getting pissed and takeaway food, it has very little else to offer, you may wish to view life around here with rose tinted glasses...i'll stick to reality if that's alright.

TBH
02-Aug-08, 21:30
And seeing as you asked, No...that person is not me, the 'if you build it they will come' thinking behind the park was a really bad idea, Wick has none of those things you listed in abundance, the place is a dump and if i could afford to move you wouldn't see me for dust, Wick is good for two things...getting pissed and takeaway food, it has very little else to offer, you may wish to view life around here with rose tinted glasses...i'll stick to reality if that's alright.
You're kinda Grouchy Gizmo.

Gizmo
02-Aug-08, 21:38
You're kinda Grouchy Gizmo.

Not at all, very chilled out tonight actually, got the house to myself and Dads Army is on tele :)

TBH
02-Aug-08, 21:45
Not at all, very chilled out tonight actually, got the house to myself and Dads Army is on tele :)He he, dad's army, British Comedy at it's best. Why did it go wrong with the likes of Ben Elton, alternative comedy my backside, more like alternative 'to' comedy.

cat
02-Aug-08, 21:46
well gizmo,no-one is stoping you,if you saved your getting pissed and havin carry outs money you could go! maybe if the people who only get off their backsides to do nothing else but that would get a grip and do something for themselves then wick would be a much better place for us all!!wickers are lovely,real honest ones anyway:D
and is the harmsworth park actualy wick accademys anyway,i thought it was the towns??still,suppose highly skilled players need it,(an earlier post said)have they moved till premier league and e groat never mentioned it:lol::lol:

TBH
02-Aug-08, 21:50
well gizmo,no-one is stoping you,if you saved your getting pissed and havin carry outs money you could go! maybe if the people who only get off their backsides to do nothing else but that would get a grip and do something for themselves then wick would be a much better place for us all!!wickers are lovely,real honest ones anyway:D
and is the harmsworth park actualy wick accademys anyway,i thought it was the towns??still,suppose highly skilled players need it,(an earlier post said)have they moved till premier league and e groat never mentioned it:lol::lol:You are assuming a lot about Gizmo with your first sentense, that is not fair or probably even accurate.
On a lighter note, no, Harmsworth does not belong to Wick Academy.

Gizmo
02-Aug-08, 21:51
and is the harmsworth park actualy wick accademys anyway,i thought it was the towns??still,suppose highly skilled players need it,(an earlier post said)have they moved till premier league and e groat never mentioned it:lol::lol:

Sorry to burst your bubble cat but i don't drink and very rarely eat takeaway food.

Tubthumper
02-Aug-08, 22:07
...and is the harmsworth park actualy wick academys anyway,i thought it was the towns??
What, owned by the town as represented by those who want a place to break glass and exercise their dogs, or by those who like living here and want to actually achieve something?

still,suppose highly skilled players need it,(an earlier post said)have they moved till premier league and e groat never mentioned it:lol::lol:
As soon as they do start achieving great things, certain elements will be muttering 'Who does he think he is, I kent his faither..' and so on.
Such is life in a small town...

Gizmo
02-Aug-08, 22:08
He he, dad's army, British Comedy at it's best. Why did it go wrong with the likes of Ben Elton, alternative comedy my backside, more like alternative 'to' comedy.

Agreed, well to a degree...i never really found the comedy of Ben Elton or Harry Enfield funny, British Comedy really lost it's way in the 90's, not a lot then made me laugh that's for sure, i'm in my [ahem]...mid 30's so i grew up on Dads Army, Last Of The Summer Wine, Allo Allo, Benny Hill, Russ Abott, The Two Ronnies etc, classic timeless comedy, but i would consider 'Monty Python' 'The Young Ones' 'Not The Nine O'Clock News' 'Spitting Image' as alternative comedy....and i LOVE those shows, British Comedy nowadays is in pretty good shape but will never be as funny as it was in the 70's and 80's

Tubthumper
02-Aug-08, 22:11
No. It IS money well spent. What the hell else are they going to spend it on?

You've got it bad, I'm sorry. You stick to your reality, I hope things work out for you, I really do.

Tubthumper
02-Aug-08, 22:13
Porridge & Fawlty Towers - Timless Classics...

Gizmo
02-Aug-08, 22:23
No. It IS money well spent. What the hell else are they going to spend it on?

Money well spent?...what do we have there?, the Dentist building and a couple of empty office spaces with no sign of any take up...oh yeah..it was money really well spent

You've got it bad, I'm sorry. You stick to your reality, I hope things work out for you, I really do.

Don't be sorry, don't have it bad at all, i take very little to do with Wick or Wickers these days, and that suits me fine.

Gizmo
02-Aug-08, 22:31

I never watched a lot of Porridge but i do find it funny, Fawlty Towers is pure genius...i just had a little brain fade and forgot to include it in my original post.

Bobinovich
02-Aug-08, 22:34
Money well spent?...what do we have there?, the Dentist building and a couple of empty office spaces with no sign of any take up...oh yeah..it was money really well spent

Well I for one think that the dentist building is worth the whole £3m itself! The state of NHS dentistry locally was dire, and the private practices were cashing in big style - all changed thanks to that place.

BTW Porridge goes down as my fave old classic too :D

Gizmo
02-Aug-08, 22:46
Well I for one think that the dentist building is worth the whole £3m itself! The state of NHS dentistry locally was dire, and the private practices were cashing in big style - all changed thanks to that place.

BTW Porridge goes down as my fave old classic too :D

Nothingmuch has changed in the town as far as Dentistry is concerned, if you were lucky enough to get taken on at the new Dentist practice that was fine, but last time i asked the waiting list was around 2 years, i still have to pay over inflated prices for Dental work and will have to for a long time yet.

Errogie
03-Aug-08, 10:09
Great thread, started of with a boring old right of way dispute and has gone on to alternative comedy, dentistry and a business park!
Keep the horizontal thinking going guys and who knows where we'll arrive at. I like it.

Alex. Sutherland

hotrod4
03-Aug-08, 11:39
I can see both sides of the argument,yes the park belongs to the people of Wick but due to the vandalism and dog mess they have had no alternative but to close the gates. It is a shame but its the world we live in. I dont agree with all the negativity on this thread aimed at Wickers, vandalism is a nation wide problem not Just in Wick. Every time there is a thread about something in Wick you get the usual idiots crawling out of the woodwork to slag the town down, why not get a life and do something about your own "superior" towns.
leave Wick alone it'll get by all on its own!!! :(

evelyn
03-Aug-08, 11:52
As anticipated, the rascals who might vandalise the park have found a way in. It wasn't that hard. We watched a pair of them scale the wall and make their way into the park last night.
Seems a shame that the folk who would use it only as a shorter route, are the ones who are being kept out.
evelyn

cat
03-Aug-08, 12:01
argreed!
sorry gizmo,iv got the wrong person in mind which was why i said what i said earlier.there is too much of that in wick though!
i hope it stops the vandals,im sure they will find sonething else to wreck.
i hope you manage to move,as living somewhere you hate and not speaking to wickers then im sure you would be better off somewhere else:)
but remember,they are everywhere!:lol:

Gizmo
03-Aug-08, 12:29
argreed!
sorry gizmo,iv got the wrong person in mind which was why i said what i said earlier.there is too much of that in wick though!
i hope it stops the vandals,im sure they will find sonething else to wreck.
i hope you manage to move,as living somewhere you hate and not speaking to wickers then im sure you would be better off somewhere else:)
but remember,they are everywhere!:lol:

I never said i hate living in Wick, i said it's a dump with little to offer, i was maybe slightly quick off the mark with my 'wouldn't see me for dust' comment, it's not just Wickers i don't speak to...it's people in general so would make no difference where i lived really :)

cesare
03-Aug-08, 13:23
i find it funny someone says somthing and everyone of you pounce on them like raw meat
wick will never get a grip untill people figure out things aint done for you,you need to do them for yourself...i think most of you have been addin sour milk to your tea/coffees
get a grip.....200 yards nuff said case closed

cesare
03-Aug-08, 13:25
oh and plz do quote and examine my words i mean you have nothing better to do

anyways i wont be responding to such direness

scorrie
03-Aug-08, 15:15

Any Rangers fans in them then? ;)

hotrod4
03-Aug-08, 18:32
i find it funny someone says somthing and everyone of you pounce on them like raw meat
wick will never get a grip untill people figure out things aint done for you,you need to do them for yourself...i think most of you have been addin sour milk to your tea/coffees
get a grip.....200 yards nuff said case closed

Shouldnt that be "gates closed" ? ;)
Noticed that while drinking my sour milk in my tea in a bowlie!!!!

hotrod4
03-Aug-08, 18:33

Maybe its because we dont have a "pure" bloodline unlike some places!! ;) lol

hotrod4
03-Aug-08, 18:34
Any Rangers fans in them then? ;)

Only scorrie would notice that, well done 10/10!! :)