PDA

View Full Version : Bassist Wanted!

loganbiffy
14-Dec-05, 20:38
hey guys im looking for a bassist to play in a band.
they seem to be very rare up here.

influences include....nirvana, reuben, biffy clyro, foo fighters, goldfinger, green day, soundgarden, at the drive-in.

sort of post-hardcore grunge sound.

original material as well as covers.

thanks for looking,

logan.

The Pepsi Challenge
15-Dec-05, 01:55
I think you're spreading your net a bit too thinly there, loggers. Caithness isn't a big enough place to find such a specific applicant. I could well be wrong (I hope I am). It's not for me to tell you how to appeal for band members - please, don't take offence - but I would probably just appeal for anyone who could play an instrument and wants to be part of a band. Once you get into a rehearsal room and you start jamming you'll discover your own sound - and then you'll find out if things are gonna work out. Sorry to come across as patronising, I appreciate how hard it is to find musicians in Caithness, and I do hope you prove me wrong. There, see, I've even chomped off a slice of my hat already. Good luck!

Uppiebalad
15-Dec-05, 02:05
I never thought it hard to find musicians in Caithness, In fact the place is solidly abundant with them. The real problem is that it's difficult to find any with the flexible attitude required to enable them to work together without scratching each others' eyes out!:eek:

loganbiffy
15-Dec-05, 08:20
I think you're spreading your net a bit too thinly there, loggers. Caithness isn't a big enough place to find such a specific applicant. I could well be wrong (I hope I am). It's not for me to tell you how to appeal for band members - please, don't take offence - but I would probably just appeal for anyone who could play an instrument and wants to be part of a band. Once you get into a rehearsal room and you start jamming you'll discover your own sound - and then you'll find out if things are gonna work out. Sorry to come across as patronising, I appreciate how hard it is to find musicians in Caithness, and I do hope you prove me wrong. There, see, I've even chomped off a slice of my hat already. Good luck!

No offence taken mr. pepsi. i need as much feedback as possible!
well i know how the rest of the band sound cause ive been playing the grungy thing for years and its awesome.
ideally a 3 piece but i know 2 guitarists fill the sound out playing live.
thanks for your response.
Logan.

zebedy
15-Dec-05, 17:11
Were are you based... Age group are you?

Chobbersjnr
15-Dec-05, 17:44
Sheesh I remember having a similar thought about drummers 10 years ago

& bassists lol Pepsi has the right idea.......................who needs one.................Gamma V Delta & Controversial Negro

Again the problem I had was finding musicians diverse enough to entertain the odd country/hoe down track or some jazz funk or taking a huge risk & completely improvising a song on stage, people are so sure of what they like & don't like & can't seem to entertain the thought of moving outside of "their style"

One of my fave. quotes is from Jeff Beck about "style being your limitations"

Ideally I'd love to play in an instrumental funk/fusion band but I'm quite happy to play traditional music, country or drums in a bassless hip hop band

The Pepsi Challenge
15-Dec-05, 17:58
I totally sympathise with your frustration, too, Chobbers, it's bad enough trying to find like-minded souls in the city - and I ken half of them. It really is a shame when these styles of music are your passion and want to play live music.

Incedentally, I do love bass. In fact if I could have been in any band in the world, it would have been playing bass for post-punks Magazine. Or as the keyboard player in Gary Numan's band (circa 1979-1981). In the bands you mentioned, it wasn't that we didn't want a bass player, we just kinda figured it would get in the way. It gives us more freedom, rawer, and given my fatback guitar sound, would be made redundant in any case. Or you could just blame my obsession with the Jon Spencer Blues Explosion instead :)

scridge
17-Dec-05, 02:26
i'm somewhat interested in this possition but i'd need a lil more detail to know whether its what i am lookin for, like where are u guys based, general age range u want, etc

loganbiffy
17-Dec-05, 12:42
i'm somewhat interested in this possition but i'd need a lil more detail to know whether its what i am lookin for, like where are u guys based, general age range u want, etc

ok well we are based in thurso, no younger than 20, loves grunge, punk, alt rock. has a lot of passion for music. see what you think.
any more info i will gladly supply.
Thanks,
Logan.

RandomHero
18-Dec-05, 23:17
i am a bassist and have been for almost 6 years. i play a variax 800 or sometimes an american made fender jazz. if interested, pm me.

zebedy
11-Jan-06, 21:28
Have you guys found a bass player yet?

loganbiffy
11-Jan-06, 21:33
Have you guys found a bass player yet?

nah not yet, how come?

TopCatsPurr
12-Jan-06, 23:34
who's all in your band logan?